IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Diet & Nutrition
Reload this Page Diet for putting lean muscle on?
Diet & Nutrition Tips on eating healthy and eating enough. What and how much you eat can make a huge difference in building muscle & improving performance.

Diet for putting lean muscle on?
(#1)
Old
MnMs2467 is on a distinguished road

Default Diet for putting lean muscle on? - 08-01-2007, 10:03 PM

Hey is this diet ok for putting on some lean muscle? I'm 16, and I am 6'4 and weigh somewhere around 210-220, and I'm in pretty decent shape.
8:00 - 5 egg whites with 1 yoke and 2 slices of those fat free cheese singles, and a full cucumber or tomato.
10:00 - 1 can of tuna + banana
11:00 - 2 scoops of whey protein + 16oz fat free milk
12:00 - WORKOUT
1:00 - 2 scoops of whey protein + 16oz fat free milk
1:30 - 3 egg whites with 2 yoke, and a banana
3:00- 1 can of tuna and a bowl of raisen brand
5:00- 1 can of tuna + slice of bread
7:00 1 can of tuna+ slice of bread
I also take creatine, multivitamins, and just started some N.O EXPLODE.

My goals are to have a steady increase in my lifts, and develop a cut, low body fat % physique.

Last edited by MnMs2467; 08-01-2007 at 10:11 PM.
(#2)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 08-01-2007, 11:27 PM

With this schedule, when exactly are you going to have time to crap all this stuff out? Sorry had to throw that in....some help should be along better than me.
(#3)
Old
Senior Memeber
Jordan566 is a splendid one to behold Jordan566 is a splendid one to behold Jordan566 is a splendid one to behold

Location: Kirksville, MO while at school, and St. Peters, MO at home.
Send a message via AIM to Jordan566 Send a message via MSN to Jordan566
Default 08-02-2007, 12:02 AM

ughhh.....all im gonna say is do some more research on nutrition before starting that diet. its not good, and i dont think its fair for anyone of us to just do your diet for you. take mine from training and bodybuilding logs and start with that and adjust it
(#4)
Old

Default 08-02-2007, 08:44 AM

Well I'm not asking for anyone to do my diet, which is why I posted mine... and I've been on this one for a while, so if you could tell me whats bad about it or give me a few suggestions of things too add that would be great.
(#5)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 08-02-2007, 09:13 AM

Again, I'm not a diet guy, but here's Jordan's lean bulk diet:
http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/showthread.php?t=9841
(#6)
Old

Default 08-02-2007, 09:33 AM

Thanks for finding me that, maby I will throw in 2 more egg whites and a PBJ sandwich.
(#7)
Old

Default 08-02-2007, 06:14 PM

Any other suggestions would be great.
(#8)
Old
nj4mwc is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to nj4mwc
Default 08-02-2007, 07:17 PM

Im not the greatest person for advice on diets but i think 4 cans of tuna a day is overkill. How do you stomach that much. I love tuna but thats a lot. Try some chicken breasts, turkey, other fish maybe
(#9)
Old
Vladdy is on a distinguished road

Default 08-02-2007, 07:40 PM

I'd figure I'd throw my advice in here. Why not just bulk to a desired weight and then diet back to get cut up? Eat all of your carbs during the day then switch to healthy fATS and protein at night. I find lean bulking difficult and not worth the effort. Just make sure your carbs are whole grains so you do not blow up.
(#10)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 08-02-2007, 08:23 PM

I think you are doing a great job eating frequently. You have protein fat and carbs in all your meals this is good too. But you are asking for a critique so here is my opinion.
Meal one is too small not enough protein and not enough carbs, I donít really count tomatoes and cucumbers as carbs they add fiber, vitamins and antioxidants but they just donít have any calories. I would suggest 10 egg whites, 2 yolks and 2 servings of oats or grits. RoaringMadMac and Ronnie Coleman eat grits.

Meal 2 lacks good carbs the banana is great but not enough, when I am on a cut I have only 2 servings of fruit per day (avoid all sugar). Potatoes sweet or white, whole grain bread or pasta.

Meal 3 Skip it IMO you have too many meals eat every 2.5 to three hours, if you eat meal 1 at 8 and meal 2 at 10:30 you will be right for the NO Explode at 11:30.

Meal 4 (1:00pm) (Post workout) loose the milk and mix your shake with Gatorade you need simple carbs and even though milk has lactose milk coagulates in your stomach which will slow the absorbion of the protein (not good post workout).

Your 1:30 meal loose it.

3:00 meal Sorry but IMO cereal is bird food. Have the tuna and some potatoes or whole grain rice. This will be the last carb meal of the day.

6:00pm Have 6-8oz of lean meat with a cup of fibrous veggies.

9:00pm Bedtime snack, I like 1 cup plain nofat yogurt with 1.5 scoops of protein. I use whey isolate but casein (milk protein) may be even better. This is when you want slow absorbing.

You could have a cup of nofat cottage cheese instead of the yogurt option.

I think a diet like this will yield even blood sugar for sustained energy that will allow you to get hard and defined without loosing lean mass.

Try to avoid processed food like the tuna, fresh chicken would be better and lower in sodium but IMO a can of tuna is a reasonable substitute for protein when you are in a hurry but crappy carbs will kill your physique and your energy levels.

Drink a minimum of 1 gallon of water per day and when you go to the gym make sure you sweat like a pig you will see results.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#11)
Old

Default 08-02-2007, 10:00 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the help everyone!
(#12)
Old
Senior Memeber
Jordan566 is a splendid one to behold Jordan566 is a splendid one to behold Jordan566 is a splendid one to behold

Location: Kirksville, MO while at school, and St. Peters, MO at home.
Send a message via AIM to Jordan566 Send a message via MSN to Jordan566
Default 08-02-2007, 11:47 PM

Here is my take on your diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnMs2467 View Post
Hey is this diet ok for putting on some lean muscle? I'm 16, and I am 6'4 and weigh somewhere around 210-220, and I'm in pretty decent shape.
8:00 - 5 egg whites with 1 yoke and 2 slices of those fat free cheese singles, and a full cucumber or tomato. 5 egg whites =not enough protein/cals for the effort. at least 8 egg whites. keep the cheese if you like, but you need carbs, either from oatmeal, or a few english muffins
10:00 - 1 can of tuna + banana- poor meal in my opinion, tuna is good, but the banana carbs are pretty weak unless its a pre workout meal. tuna and brown rice are a good sub if you're stuck with the tuna
11:00 - 2 scoops of whey protein + 16oz fat free milk-no milk should be consumed in the diet, mainly due to the sugars, and crazy amount of additives. if you love milk, have it during your first meal of the day. I would switch this to a protein shake and banana/apple if you're stuck on this.
12:00 - WORKOUT
1:00 - 2 scoops of whey protein + 16oz fat free milk- again, skip the milk, you need carbs, preferably from 1 cup of oatmeal, or a potato, or worse yet maltose/dextrose carb complex
1:30 - 3 egg whites with 2 yoke, and a banana- what kind of meal is this? if its supposed to be your ppwo meal, you need more protein, and more carbs, think chicken and rice
3:00- 1 can of tuna and a bowl of raisen brand- ughh...poor meal, throw some fibrous veggies in, and more brown rice/yams
5:00- 1 can of tuna + slice of bread-more tuna? pass on that, get some natty peanut butter, and some meat
7:00 1 can of tuna+ slice of bread- see above
I also take creatine, multivitamins, and just started some N.O EXPLODE.

My goals are to have a steady increase in my lifts, and develop a cut, low body fat % physique.
you need to keep eating past seven, at 930 and before bed. a few shakes here, and a fish or chicken filet could work wonders.