IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page if i want big arms
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

(#1)
Old
Banned
The Chop Stick can only hope to improve

Default 07-30-2006, 10:24 AM

how heavy do i have to lift?

could somebody post a good routine with the amount of weight i need.. thanks

(#2)
Old
Banned

Default 07-30-2006, 10:28 AM

also ive been doing the whole gaining weight thing.. i think i went from around 170-180 to 200-210or so

how much weight do i need to gain?

(#3)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 07-30-2006, 01:27 PM

for size you want to lift heavy keep reps under 10.and adding weight each set. you can do decending sets for example preacher curls==125x6,105x6,85x6,65xfailure. the weight you use will be different but u get the idea.dont do decending sets all the time about once a month,same concept followed by dumbell curls..good bicep excercise are preacher curl,incline dumbell curl,hammer curls,concentration curls,reverse grip cable curls. i dont understand what black rain wants to know but hope this helps.

AX STRENGTH MUSCLE BOOK TRAINING.
SUPPS-AX Supersize, AX Ultra Reps, carnobolic.
http://www.athleticx.net/
(#4)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 07-30-2006, 01:37 PM

i mean i dont understand what the gainig weight part is.

AX STRENGTH MUSCLE BOOK TRAINING.
SUPPS-AX Supersize, AX Ultra Reps, carnobolic.
http://www.athleticx.net/
(#5)
Old
Banned

Default 07-31-2006, 03:54 AM

i was trying to bulk up. I lookedtoo skinny for my body type

im a broad shoulder dude.. and my head isnt exactly tiny.. (IM STILL GOOD LOOKING) just being honest. so i didnt look right being 160.

(#6)
Old
Banned

Default 07-31-2006, 04:03 AM

i wanted to know if 200 pounds was good.

and about the routine part.. i was just wanted to knowhow much to focus on my baby gunz

(#7)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 07-31-2006, 05:12 AM

How old are you and how tall are you first.

200 is a big boy.

Simply put about arms for any good core exercise make sure you are doing straight bar curls, they are the meat and potatoes of building bigger arms. Make sure you are squeezing the movement at the top of the rep and not going past the sqeeze. Going to far takes all of the movement out. I think I saw " The Loaf" Explain it best I will try and find it.

here it is.

The Loaf

[img]forum_images/blank.gif[/img]

Online Status: Offline

Posted: Yesterday at 1:49pm | IP 68.78.155.231

try right now to just stand up. Now, while keeping your elbow at your side, flex your arm. Notice where your hand is when you fully flex your biceps. Like Mac said, alot of people go past this point. Flex both arms and imagine that your holding a bar. As you can see, with your elbows remaining at your sides, when you fully flex your arm the bar can't exactly touch your chest.

Now start over with your hands at your sides again. Keep your palm facing your hip. Now, flex your biceps. That's a hammer curl. The difference between this and your regular dumbbell curl is the rotation of your hand.

An alternate way of doing these are from an incline bench. But like Mac suggested, keep it simple and basic. If possible, lift in front of a mirror so that you can check your form.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#8)
Old
Maverick is a splendid one to behold Maverick is a splendid one to behold Maverick is a splendid one to behold

Default 07-31-2006, 06:02 AM

You need to gain or lose weight according to your goals. No one can tell you that for you. I've seen guys that weigh 200 pounds that look like your average Joe, and then I've seen dave henry (IFBB pro, Olympia competitor).
(#9)
Old
barnetjs is on a distinguished road

Default 07-31-2006, 08:00 AM

Exactly maverick!
(#10)
Old
The Loaf is Online
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 07-31-2006, 09:49 AM

thanks for the kudos, Mac.

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!
(#11)
Old
Intensity is on a distinguished road

Default 08-01-2006, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRain

how heavy do i have to lift?

could somebody post a good routine with the amount of weight i need.. thanks

If you want big arms, you have to work your triceps. I suggest close-grip benches, over-head tricep ext, and push-downs.
(#12)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 08-01-2006, 11:55 PM

You don't Just work your triceps, of course that is a part of it also. Both muscle groups have to be worked.

Stick with the basics at first like I stated straight bar curls, alternating DB curls, hammer curls and even some seated preacher Curls.

Sticking with the fundemetals is essential if you want to grow and that is for all exercises.

(#13)
Old
Banned

Default 08-02-2006, 09:46 AM

im like 6-6'1"

about 200 pounds..

i dont want to be the next arnold.. i just want respectable arms.. i mean my arms arent girly right now.. but honestly, im not happy with them. to be honest.. its frustrating.. i wont even lie.

thank you all for the replies.. ill take as much feedback as possible.

(#14)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 08-02-2006, 12:00 PM

No problem, A good balanced program is what you need to stick too. It will come. Big arms are sometimes limited to genetic too,but you can always change that factor to a certain degree by having them proportional to the rest of your body.

(#15)
Old
Banned

Default 08-02-2006, 01:44 PM

does that mean some people just cant have big arms?
(#16)
Old
p5sky is on a distinguished road

Default 08-02-2006, 03:58 PM

That depends on what you mean by "big" arms. I have good sized arms, friends have noticed the diff since I started training. Shirts that were once loose are now way too small on the arms.

But . . . I do notice that when working out I can curl and tricep press the same as others with arms that are bigger. I just think that if you have muscular arms you will be noticed, maybe not HUGE but muscular and defined. I will never be HUGE, but people say I look good.
(#17)
Old
Quixotic is on a distinguished road

Default 08-03-2006, 05:12 AM

I've noticed a similar thing. My friend lifts about the same as I do, but his biceps look larger. I have a long bicep tendon so I tend to have a two finger gap. His bicep is much longer and it makes his arm look bigger. There are some genetics involved in how big they'll look.