IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Diet & Nutrition
Reload this Page Breakfast
Diet & Nutrition Tips on eating healthy and eating enough. What and how much you eat can make a huge difference in building muscle & improving performance.

(#1)
Old
Duncan 10 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Duncan 10
Default 06-18-2006, 10:19 AM

can some1 plz tell me a good breakfast that is easy to prepare in the morning?
(#2)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 06-18-2006, 03:56 PM

From your other post I assume you are trying to gain mass.

Here is a sample of what you could be doing in the morning.

First off do you like Grits like Instant grits if not there are other things you can eat.

What type of breakfast foods do you like.

Mine currently is this.

3 packs of Instant grits cooked.

1 cup egg beaters scrambled.

I then mix then together and enjoy. I somtimes put a couple of slices of fat free cheese on top. 1/2 a grapefruit.

If your not a grit eater I would suggest this

1 cup of oatmeal your choice how cooked.

egg beaters scrambeled with fat free cheese.

1/2 grapefruit or 8 oz of grapefruit juice.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#3)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 06-20-2006, 06:16 AM

Mac you are making me hungry talking about grits, yellow grits, white grits I love them all.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />
I eat the same thing every morning and it is quick and easy.

First I buy a mix of oat bran and rolled oats. You could just use rolled oats.

Mix ½ cup oats with 1 cup water and let soak for 15-30 minutes.
Microwave 1 minute
Add 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter.
Add vanilla whey (I use 2 scoops)
Stir and add water to taste.

You can do this whole meal in one bowl. You can add things like raisins nuts or berries to change the taste. I often sub flax seed oil for peanut butter and add some blueberries.

So what to do while your oats soak. You could drink coffee, the morning constructional, or a quick cardio session with a jump rope. KICKBOY

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 06-20-2006, 11:38 AM

Egg whites and oatmeal or whole grain toast.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.
(#5)
Old
Banned
antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future

Send a message via AIM to antihero
Default 06-20-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac

From your other post I assume you are trying to gain mass.

Here is a sample of what you could be doing in the morning.

First off do you like Grits like Instant grits if not there are other things you can eat.

What type of breakfast foods do you like.

Mine currently is this.

3 packs of Instant grits cooked.

1 cup egg beaters scrambled.

I then mix then together and enjoy. I somtimes put a couple of slices of fat free cheese on top. 1/2 a grapefruit.

If your not a grit eater I would suggest this

1 cup of oatmeal your choice how cooked.

egg beaters scrambeled with fat free cheese.

1/2 grapefruit or 8 oz of grapefruit juice.

the grits and eggs thing looks oddly similar to what ronnie was eating in the cost of redemption.
(#6)
Old
Banned
antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future

Default 06-20-2006, 12:10 PM

btw, what do grits taste like, ive never had them, but id really like to try some one day

(#7)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 06-20-2006, 02:52 PM

It is what Ronnie was eating. I found it so funny because this was the way I have been eating grits and eggs all of my life. Maybe it is a Louisiana thing.

Both Ronnie and myself are originally from West Monroe Louisiana.

(#8)
Old
Banned

Default 06-20-2006, 03:02 PM

Quote:

It is what Ronnie was eating. I found it so funny because this was the way I have been eating grits and eggs all of my life. Maybe it is a Louisiana thing.

Both Ronnie and myself are originally from West Monroe Louisiana.
ooo well that would explain it....is it any good?
(#9)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 06-20-2006, 07:04 PM

What ? the grits and eggs. Its great.

It is best to get the real Butter flavor or Cheese flavor. That way it has a little taste. Orginal Grits are shit. You have to end up adding butter and salt. The others you don't. You can just add a little fat free cheese to it also for added flavor. Try it you will love it. You actually feel like you have eaten something afterwards too.

(#10)
Old
Banned

Default 06-21-2006, 12:46 AM

Quote:

What ? the grits and eggs. Its great.

It is best to get the real Butter flavor or Cheese flavor. That way it has a little taste. Orginal Grits are shit. You have to end up adding butter and salt. The others you don't. You can just add a little fat free cheese to it also for added flavor. Try it you will love it. You actually feel like you have eaten something afterwards too.
ill have to give them a shot soon, cause i dont think you can get them in vegas, but they arent readily sold here in Pa either.

(#11)
Old
Duncan 10 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Duncan 10
Default 06-21-2006, 08:47 AM

DOES ANY1 NO IF YOU CAN GET GRITS IN THE UK OR IS IT JUST AN AMERICAN THING?

THANKS
(#12)
Old
Banned

Default 06-21-2006, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan 10

DOES ANY1 NO IF YOU CAN GET GRITS IN THE UK OR IS IT JUST AN AMERICAN THING?

THANKS
well, as far as i know, they are kinda hard to find in places that arent in the southern states of north america. i can only get them in a few places here in Pa, so i doubt you could find them easily in the UK.
(#13)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 06-22-2006, 03:04 AM

Grits are just corn. I’m sure you can order some if you don’t have a local source.
There is a reconstructed gristmill not to far from home in a city part they sell local corn ground into corn mill and grits.
<H1 style="BACKGROUND: #f8fcff; MARGIN: auto 0in">Grits
<H3 id=siteSub style="BACKGROUND: #f8fcff; MARGIN: auto 0in">From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the corn-based <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1lace w:st="on">Southern U.S.</st1lace> food; for other meanings, see Grit (disambiguation).
<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></vath><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape></v:image></v:shape>
</v:image></v:shape>
Grits and a waffle, both topped with butter.
Grits is a type of maize porridge and a food common in the Southern United States, East Africa (where it is called Ugali in Swahili) and southern Manchuria (where it is called Gezi in Chinese) consisting of coarsely ground corn, traditionally by a stone mill. The results are passed through screens, with the finer part being corn meal, and the coarser being grits. Many communities in the South had a gristmill until the mid-20th century, with families bringing their own corn to be ground, and the miller retaining a portion of the corn for his fee. Grits aficionados still prefer stone ground grits, although modern milling tends to prefer faster methods.
The word "grits" comes from Old English grytta meaning a coarse meal of any kind. Yellow grits include the entire kernel, while white grits use hulled kernels. Grits are prepared by simply boiling into a porridge; normally they are boiled until enough water evaporates to leave them semi-solid. They are traditionally served at breakfast, but can also be used at any meal.
Hominy grits is another term for grits, but explicitly refers to grits made from nixtamalized corn, or hominy. These are the common grits sold in supermarkets outside of the <st1lace w:st="on">Southern U.S.</st1lace>
Grits are also similar to farina and polenta. Polenta is also known in parts of the <st1lace w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">US</st1:country-region></st1lace> as cornmeal mush, and is often sold precooked and chilled in sticks to be sliced and fried as a breakfast dish

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#14)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 06-22-2006, 03:11 AM

This whole thing has me hungry; I think I'll cook Shrimp and Grits this weekend.
I’ll sauté my veggies in olive oil and use 2% cheese to keep it clean and healthy. It will be counted as the carbohydrate part of the meal and any protein from the shrimp will be bonus, after all Saturday is leg day for me.
Yeah it’s shrimp and grits Saturday night. KICKBOYEdited by: kickboy

(#15)
Old
Banned

Default 06-22-2006, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboy
This whole thing has me hungry; I think I'll cook Shrimp and Grits this weekend.
I’ll sauté my veggies in olive oil and use 2% cheese to keep it clean and healthy. It will be counted as the carbohydrate part of the meal and any protein from the shrimp will be bonus, after all Saturday is leg day for me.
Yeah it’s shrimp and grits Saturday night. KICKBOY
i love shrimp
(#16)
Old
Resident Ginger
Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future

Send a message via Yahoo to Leigh
Default 06-22-2006, 01:07 PM

Anti, I'm a Philly girl and had never realized until I moved south that people actually ate grits .... (never developed a taste for them, but I really appreciate a genuine cajun meal - now that's good stuff.)

...then again, I thought barefoot moonshiners in the hills was a myth, too.
(#17)
Old
Banned

Default 06-22-2006, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh

Anti, I'm a Philly girl and had never realized until I moved south that people actually ate grits .... (never developed a taste for them, but I really appreciate a genuine cajun meal - now that's good stuff.)

...then again, I thought barefoot moonshiners in the hills was a myth, too.
i just found out that grits were food not too long ago either, i thought it was just animal feed or something...turns out people eat it too down there..lol..
(#18)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 06-23-2006, 08:42 AM

LOL when you are down South it is better to eat corn (hog food) than to eat the hog. WARNING AVOID CORN SYRUP.
Pork fat rules the South.
When we say barbeque in NC they mean the whole pig slow cooked on the grill, BTW everybody down here has a grill big enough for a whole hog. One of our highways is named <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Jones Sausage Rd.</st1:address></st1:Street>
Here is a question which has the worst nutritional profile a BBQ sandwich with Cole slaw and plenty of mayo or a Philly cheese steak? I think I’ll pass on both. KICKBOY

(#19)
Old
Resident Ginger
Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future

Send a message via Yahoo to Leigh
Default 06-23-2006, 08:50 AM

a genuine Philly cheesesteak is a heartattack waiting to happen.... (shame, because they taste so damned yummy!)

...and you can tell the genuine from the imitation: genuine should come wrapped in butcher paper and then put in a small brown paper bag. If the paper bag is not translucent from the grease, beware!: It's a phony!
(#20)
Old
Banned

Default 06-23-2006, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh

a genuine Philly cheesesteak is a heartattack waiting to happen.... (shame, because they taste so damned yummy!)

...and you can tell the genuine from the imitation: genuine should come wrapped in butcher paper and then put in a small brown paper bag. If the paper bag is not translucent from the grease, beware!: It's a phony!
they are worth it tho....