IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Diet & Nutrition
Reload this Page How many carbs
Diet & Nutrition Tips on eating healthy and eating enough. What and how much you eat can make a huge difference in building muscle & improving performance.

How many carbs
(#1)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default How many carbs - 07-25-2012, 04:15 PM

Alright, so what's everyone's carb intake look like and what's your goal (cutting/bulking/getting less gravity enhanced)

Cuz I'm eating 500+ a day on my perpetual bulk and loving the extra weight...well just a bloated gut but damn am I getting strong. I wanna see who's eatin more/less and why.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#2)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 07-25-2012, 04:23 PM

Cutting. 250-ish and I try to either go very little carbs or very low GI carbs later in the day. Right now I'm trying to spike my insulin before and after my workouts to see if there's really any benefit.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)
Find me on:

(#3)
Old
RickyRichVA is on a distinguished road

Default 07-25-2012, 04:33 PM

I'm eating about 275 grams a day.

I'm cutting.

So far I've been dropping fat every week and my energy has been great with this amount of carbs.

Ricky

Started at 266 lbs on May 31, 2012
Currently: 245 lbs.
Goal: 230 lbs
I hate aerobics so I haven't been doing any.
I'm currently using HIT Training the Mike Mentzer way.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 07-25-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Cutting. 250-ish and I try to either go very little carbs or very low GI carbs later in the day. Right now I'm trying to spike my insulin before and after my workouts to see if there's really any benefit.
There certainly is...if you're injecting it. I mean naturally every little bit helps.

I know one guy who was shootin slin, he got up to 280 real quick. He stopped last year and is still 275...

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#5)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 07-25-2012, 05:29 PM

200g a day, thats my sweet spot. and i eat alot of fat so i carb up less.

Spend time with the wise and you will become wise, but the friends of fools will suffer.
Foolish people are always fighting, but avoiding quarrels will bring you honour.
Don't ever forget kindness and truth. Wear them like a necklace.
Fools do not want to understand anything. They only want to tell others what they think.
(#6)
Old
AX
Solidzd is on a distinguished road

Default 07-25-2012, 10:38 PM

In bulk right now, I am hitting 400g

Get BIG or go home!

Believe in YOU! Get up & create your own success!!

https://www.facebook.com/eliteperformancellc

Zach "STAT" Dirr - 'cause when I hit the gym, PRECISION is the only OPTION.
(#7)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 07-26-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
There certainly is...if you're injecting it. I mean naturally every little bit helps.

I know one guy who was shootin slin, he got up to 280 real quick. He stopped last year and is still 275...
Yes I'm aware it's used like that. I'm reading a book right now that talks about triggering your own insulin. And me having reactive hypoglycemia...spiking it is not a problem. But sometimes I have to be careful because my blood sugar levels plummet fast because of an over-reactive pancreas with high GI foods. Double edged sword for me!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)
Find me on:

(#8)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 07-26-2012, 11:50 AM

I'm in the high 100's, I'm still trying to get 6 pk. Monday my weight was 166.6 and I've been eating everything but the walls. Sunday was the first day I have seen over 2000 calories since I can remember.
(#9)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 07-26-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Yes I'm aware it's used like that. I'm reading a book right now that talks about triggering your own insulin. And me having reactive hypoglycemia...spiking it is not a problem. But sometimes I have to be careful because my blood sugar levels plummet fast because of an over-reactive pancreas with high GI foods. Double edged sword for me!
You're already jacked. All you need my friend is a training partner to push you. I think rather than pay rent the boys need to help their old man crush some weights

(#10)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 07-26-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
You're already jacked. All you need my friend is a training partner to push you. I think rather than pay rent the boys need to help their old man crush some weights
What the hell do you think I'm doing??? I work out just as hard by myself as I do with someone. Now what do I do? I'm looking for tweaks I can make with food and toying with it. Enjoying my pop tarts before and after my workout right now and still losing weight!

Find me on:

(#11)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 07-26-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
What the hell do you think I'm doing??? I work out just as hard by myself as I do with someone. Now what do I do? I'm looking for tweaks I can make with food and toying with it. Enjoying my pop tarts before and after my workout right now and still losing weight!
I'm driving to see you to push the gym tempo to a new max lol. I'm almost mean to my buddy Matt when we train together. He's alot...like alot bigger than me lol but I make him work for it, eyes poppin outta his head and stuff

So don't say never! I'll admit since I've been training mostly alone the last 4 months I keep thinking I might have more in me. Every now and then you can surprise yourself right?

Kinda mad you found out about the poptarts...if many more ppl catch on the price of them things is gonna skyrocket and I'll be upset when I can't afford my smore and cinnamon poptarts lol

(#12)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 07-28-2012, 10:25 AM

Whuteva dude! You don't even work legs much do ya? You might need a crusty old 43 yr old to show your whipperass something haha! Just messin'!

Find me on:

(#13)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 07-28-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Whuteva dude! You don't even work legs much do ya? You might need a crusty old 43 yr old to show your whipperass something haha! Just messin'!
Only calves 2-3x a week, once for the rest. Slow goin but my fault i put that hole in the cartilage lol.

Tell ya what tho, I train every other weekend with a guy who's 50, and he can still push it pretty hard. Guess that's why he's so good lol, just sayin man you ain't crusty yet so do some work!

(#14)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
bb12 has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Yahoo to bb12
Default 07-29-2012, 06:31 PM

This summer 40-60 before workout and 70-90 pwo.

Bulk planning starting September ... unleashing 500+

All American EFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.
(#15)
Old
Axler is on a distinguished road

Default 02-19-2013, 12:49 PM

Well you can eat it on daily basis,Because you are working a lot for it and you can easily digest it that is pretty cool.
But people who are in the starting it's a little hard for them to take it,Protein diet is very important in training.You look really cool,keep doing it.

Last edited by Axler; 02-23-2013 at 09:07 AM.