IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Powerlifting & Strength
Reload this Page American Powerhouse: Derek Poundstone
Powerlifting & Strength The strongest of the strong discussing strength techniques and powerlifting tips. If you want strength over size, this forum is for you.

American Powerhouse: Derek Poundstone
(#1)
Old
The IPYU Lab Rat
Jacentk2 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to Jacentk2 Send a message via AIM to Jacentk2 Send a message via MSN to Jacentk2 Send a message via Yahoo to Jacentk2 Send a message via Skype™ to Jacentk2
Default American Powerhouse: Derek Poundstone - 02-28-2011, 11:00 PM

I just picked up a recent issue of Muscle & Fitness and thought I would post on the Cover Story. It's about a guy titled "America's Strongest Man" Derek Poundstone. This guy is huge! I won't spoil much of what this guy can do and has done, but I only wish that I can one day do at least half of it. He Started lifting at a young age like many of the big athletes do. Started in strongman competitions in the late teens. He's also the Global Ambassador for the Special Olympics. Standing a 6'1" and approx. 335lbs, this hulk has pulled the weight of an Air Malta Airbus in the 2009 WSM (100,000lbs), deadlifted 800lbs for 9 reps, hoisted an atlas stone of 555lbs to a 42" platform (world record) and can log press 286lbs 13 times.

Oh, and he does it while still having 2 herniated disks.

Simply Wow.....makes me wanna turn back the clock and follow a different path to reach those goals.....truly an inspiration.
(#2)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 03-01-2011, 12:46 AM

Poundstone is a friggin monster. I used to love watching him and pudzIonowski go at it on the worlds strongest man comps!
He has some real motivational YouTube vids out
(#3)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-01-2011, 11:39 AM

Yep Good story about him

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#4)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 03-01-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacentk2 View Post

Simply Wow.....makes me wanna turn back the clock and follow a different path to reach those goals.....truly an inspiration.
You mean like juice a whole lot and workout hard(er)?

The guy is a beast!!!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)
Find me on:

(#5)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 03-01-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
Poundstone is a friggin monster. I used to love watching him and pudzIonowski go at it on the worlds strongest man comps!
He has some real motivational YouTube vids out

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)
Find me on:

(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 03-01-2011, 12:31 PM

PudzIonowski is a thick son of a gun
(#7)
Old
The IPYU Lab Rat
Jacentk2 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to Jacentk2 Send a message via AIM to Jacentk2 Send a message via MSN to Jacentk2 Send a message via Yahoo to Jacentk2 Send a message via Skype™ to Jacentk2
Default 03-02-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
You mean like juice a whole lot and workout hard(er)?

The guy is a beast!!!

No not juice a whole lot...sheesh...I am a product of the "Just Say No!" Program from the '80s.

What I meant is.....and I am not sure if I even told anyone on here about it....but....in middle school when I was about 13 or 14 yrs old (7th & 8th grade) I started lifting at home. I wanted to be bigger and stronger than the other kids and some of my inspirations were from comics and wrestling and guys like him. If things were different....this is where i could have been.....but after the accident(s).....
(#8)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-02-2011, 09:43 AM

Well, no offense, but I don't think any of us could go where Poundstone and Pudz have gone without gear....and LOTS of it. Sure they do the work, but they ain't natural....by any means.

Find me on:

(#9)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 03-02-2011, 05:07 PM

I think having the last name 'poundstone' is an instant way to becoming epic.
(#10)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-02-2011, 05:30 PM

Ya Think. LOL.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#11)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-02-2011, 10:09 PM

Like this Poundstone?

Find me on:

(#12)
Old
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 03-03-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Like this Poundstone?

Ya beat me to it!!!

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!