IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Diet & Nutrition
Reload this Page What to eat if you are poor?
Diet & Nutrition Tips on eating healthy and eating enough. What and how much you eat can make a huge difference in building muscle & improving performance.

What to eat if you are poor?
(#1)
Old
Max1973 will become famous soon enough

Default What to eat if you are poor? - 12-02-2009, 12:49 PM

We spend alot of time talking about Protein Shakes. Chicken, Fish and so on but what if you are a college student with very little money. I thought this would be a good thread to help those who cant afford all the high price Proteins.

I will start.

Target has a protein power that is 16.00 that is low sugar, Low sodium, I mean really damn low and is 25 grams of protein per scoop.

Walmart also sells six star creatine and creatine pills that I have tried and they are awesome for rather cheap as well and same goes for target.

You can buy at walmart for low price Milk Thisle, Hawthrone berry, Cq10 and all the pro hormone supports supps there for cheap.
KROGER ALSO HAS SUPPLIMENTS
(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default KROGER ALSO HAS SUPPLIMENTS - 12-02-2009, 01:28 PM

I FOUND A PROTEIN DRINK CALLED "MUSCLE MASS" AT KROGER FOR 15.99. I'VE BEEN USING IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR WITH FAIR RESULTS. I NEED SOMETHING TO HELP REBUILD INJURIES. ANYONE KNOW SOMETHING AFFORDABLE ?
(#3)
Old
BigFiveFive has a spectacular aura about

Default 12-02-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max1973 View Post
We spend alot of time talking about Protein Shakes. Chicken, Fish and so on but what if you are a college student with very little money. I thought this would be a good thread to help those who cant afford all the high price Proteins.

I will start.

Target has a protein power that is 16.00 that is low sugar, Low sodium, I mean really damn low and is 25 grams of protein per scoop.

Walmart also sells six star creatine and creatine pills that I have tried and they are awesome for rather cheap as well and same goes for target.

You can buy at walmart for low price Milk Thisle, Hawthrone berry, Cq10 and all the pro hormone supports supps there for cheap.

I'm with ya there man, Im also a broke ass college student...

Walmarts Body Fortress protein is $14-16 with 32g protein per scoop, low sugar and sodium. Thats all I use and its worked for me.

As far as creatine, I dunno about Walmarts brand, but if theres a GNC around you I would recommend dropping in there about twice a month and looking at the clearance/discount rack. I usually find GNC's Pro Performance Creatine Monohydrate on there for like $12-20, thats a hell of a deal for 161 servings lol. Yeah it might be a month expired but it will work.

I also get all my Support supps for PH's and shit at Walmart, its waaaaaay cheaper than anything else, and alot of the time they will have the 2 bottles for the price of 1 deal on like fish oil, flaxseed oil, MT, etc.

Walmart also has "Great Value" stuff, its generic as fukkk but its cheap and it helps, Ill buy generic peanut butter, oatmeal, and other foods, stick to name brand on your canned tuna and chicken, you get what you pay for on those items lol.

(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 12-02-2009, 02:01 PM

Eggs, rice and Chunk light tuna.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.
(#5)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 12-02-2009, 03:43 PM

Costco has bonless skinless chicken breast for 2.69 per lb. I buy new York strips there for 6.59 (not too cheap) but still for the quality of meat it is good. I think the best value is 9lbs of rolled oats for 6.79 the Quaker old fasion oats. The same thing is 2.09 for 1 lb at the grocery store.
Best food value kill a deer with my bow and reuse my same arrow after sharping the broadhead.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#6)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 12-02-2009, 05:05 PM

haha i like how you opened up the thread "what to eat if your poor" and went on about supplements.

costco has eggs and boneless skinless chicken tits for cheap, pick up a gigantic bag of normandy style frozen veggies, and a like 16 pack of tuna.

everything else can be got at the ninety nine cent store: bread, lowfatmayo, fresh veggies.
(#7)
Old

Default 12-02-2009, 07:32 PM

True but I wanted that included as well. Costco has good deals on eggs and value for less has
24 egg cart for 4 bucks. I usually get pnut butter and jelly from there as well
(#8)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 12-02-2009, 10:27 PM

im goin to say this. I spend way less when I eat propperly when cuttin OR bulking. Its the cheat meals and eating out that suck my funds outa my wallet faster.. Hell I was in a pince the other day and had to get a ham egg and cheese muffin from SHEETZ and it cost me like 5 bux. I was like WTF thats 2 pounds of chicken LOL

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#9)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 12-03-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed372 View Post
im goin to say this. I spend way less when I eat propperly when cuttin OR bulking. Its the cheat meals and eating out that suck my funds outa my wallet faster.. Hell I was in a pince the other day and had to get a ham egg and cheese muffin from SHEETZ and it cost me like 5 bux. I was like WTF thats 2 pounds of chicken LOL
Damn good point Fed. When you don't buy things like soda ketchup mayo... you save alot plus you miss out on fat and sugar with no nutrition loss. Potatoes chicken tuna rice (the real stuff) is much cheaper in the long run. Think of what you save by not getting the sour cream and butter. Thanksgiving and Christmas OK but the rest of the year we do not need all the exta. I think it was Jay Cutler who said eat for function not taste. I feel this will save a buck or 2.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#10)
Old
MoPower440 is on a distinguished road

Default 12-05-2009, 02:54 AM

Ive got to say what a great thread.The only thing that I can add which has not been said is eat some beans.Very cheap and goes along way.My fav is lentils cooked with a can of rotel tomatoes.Yes I use walmart body fortress protein mostly mostly cause its last min when I buy.
(#11)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 12-05-2009, 09:53 AM

Good point Beans are a great protein source and good for your heart.

Fed you are absolutely right. In most cases College students have it easier and can me better with their diet than those that have the money to buy more processed food. The only thing expensive and it ain't that much about eating right is buying more organic food. Organic food is a tad bit more expensive but it is well worth it in the long run.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#12)
Old

Default 12-05-2009, 01:57 PM

So After putting together some facts and this list. For 1 month supply

1) Eggs From Costco
2) Tuna From Walmart
3) 3 Packs Of Chicken Breast
4) Massive Bag of Brown Rice From Costco
5) Oats From Costco
6) Protein From Walmarts Or Target
7) Creatine From Walmarts or Target
8) Vitamins From Walmart
9) Veggies and Bread from 99 cent store
10) Peanut butter and Jelly

For a 1 month supply you will spend about 100.00
(#13)
Old
MoPower440 is on a distinguished road

Default 12-05-2009, 06:49 PM

Thanks Max for the shopping list.Hey when buying tuna from walmart are you talkin about the tuna in the bulk goods section.Man thats a big can.
(#14)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 12-07-2009, 11:55 PM

indeed way cheaper. just stick to it. itll be hard at times and what not but the rewards are the pay off.

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#15)
Old
germanpotato is on a distinguished road

Default 07-23-2010, 03:10 PM

shopping list sounds good but I hope you're riding a bike because it sounds like you are spending more on gas then food lol!