IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page issa test help with questions
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

issa test help with questions
(#1)
Old
bigjoe27 is on a distinguished road

Default issa test help with questions - 04-29-2008, 05:32 PM

(4) the primary fuel durning endurance exercise is
a liver glycogen
b muscle glycogen
c muscle
d fatty acids
e none of the above

(13) musculoskeletal deviations can result in
a poor muscle balance
b poor flexibilty
c improper spinal alignment
d all of the above
e a and c

(14)the angle of pull is
a the act of maintaining your body's balance
b the variance of force at different points in the range of motion of an exercise
c the sequential combination of movement outlining a geometric cone
d a and b
e a and c

(24) if your goal is to improve range of motion,stretch to the point
a just short of discomfort
b of extreme discomfort
c of mild or moderate discomfort
d of slight discomfort
e none of the above

(27) if your client can successfully complete 2 or more reps in the last set in 2 consecutive workouts for any given exercise the load should be (blank) depending on your client's physical abilities

a increased by 1 - 5 percent
b increased by 2-10 percent
c increased by 5-15 percent
d increased by 10-20 percent
e none of the above

(30) the leading hypothesis for delayed onset muscle soreness are
a the connective tissue damage hypothesis
b the skeletal muscle damage hypothesis
c the spasm hypothesis
d all of the above
e none of the above
true or false
(#2)
Old
bigjoe27 is on a distinguished road

Default true or false - 04-29-2008, 05:33 PM

alright bros need a little more help some of these questions are kinda tricky...thanks for any help

True or False

(40) every state has specific regulations regarding the legality of practicing the profession of a nutritionist and offering recommendations on supplementation

(41) antioxidants are compounds that sacrifice themselves to oxygen,thus preventing it from reacting with other compounds

(42)neurological factors as opposed to hypertrophic factors are primarily responsible for strength gains in children

(48) the body of a diabetic does not produce enough insulin or it cannot properly use the insulin it does make

(50) obesity and stress are confirmed risk factors for CHD
(#3)
Old
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 04-30-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe27 View Post
(4) the primary fuel durning endurance exercise is
d fatty acids
Both glycogen and fat are being used, but the primary fuel source is fatty acid, due to the primary energy system being beta oxidation

(13) musculoskeletal deviations can result in
a poor muscle balance
b poor flexibilty
c improper spinal alignment
d all of the above

The body is a chain, and deviations can be due to multiple things. C can be caused by a and b, b can be a result of a... yada yada. NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) in particular is very big on functional training, and addresses these issues at length.

(14)the angle of pull is
b the variance of force at different points in the range of motion of an exercise

This has to do with the skeletal system as levers, and I never got a very good handle on levers. I could be wrong with this one

(24) if your goal is to improve range of motion,stretch to the point
c of mild or moderate discomfort

All stretches go to the point of mild discomfort, not pain.

(27) if your client can successfully complete 2 or more reps in the last set in 2 consecutive workouts for any given exercise the load should be (blank) depending on your client's physical abilities

a increased by 1 - 5 percent
b increased by 2-10 percent
c increased by 5-15 percent
d increased by 10-20 percent
e none of the above

This references the 2-for-2 rule. Percent is a bad way to go. 5 - 10 pounds for upper body, 10 - 20 for lower body (merely a rule of thumb; I personally go with 10 - 20 upper, 20 - 40 lower). I would assume that in ISSA guidelines this translates to C) 5 - 15%, but I would check your notes

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!
(#4)
Old
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 04-30-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe27 View Post
alright bros need a little more help some of these questions are kinda tricky...thanks for any help

True or False

(40) every state has specific regulations regarding the legality of practicing the profession of a nutritionist and offering recommendations on supplementation
True -- I'm fairly sure it changes from state to state; however, I suppose my exposure to this is limited. In Illinois, for sure, only a registered dietician can prescribe a diet. A nutrition consultant -- which I am through my cert -- can make recommendations. I guess I didn't really give you too good of an answer. anyone else?

(42)neurological factors as opposed to hypertrophic factors are primarily responsible for strength gains in children

True -- It's similar to strength gains in untrained individuals. With children, their strength gains come mainly from their brains learning how to trigger the muscle fibers to fire, when, and how many.

(48) the body of a diabetic does not produce enough insulin or it cannot properly use the insulin it does make

I hate that I lost this section of my notes!!! I've really needed them recently too... I'm paying attention to whoever answers this question... Jordan or Madman, perhaps
hope this helped, mate

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!