IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page Joining the Academy!
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

Joining the Academy!
(#1)
Old
INeverGiveUp is on a distinguished road

Default Joining the Academy! - 03-10-2015, 02:28 PM

I am joining the Ohio State Police Academy here in a few! I got all the testing passed but i just want to get better overall! Here is my workout! I want you to tell me if i should change anything at all!

Workout: 2 days 8 sets of 1 min rope, 3 days of 30 min on Jacobs ladder, all right after my workout!

Day 1 Chest & Back
-Bench press 5x20
-Incline Dumbbell Press 4x15
-Cable Flyes-3x20
-Push ups with hands wide 3xfailure
-Wide Grip Pull downs 5x20
-Close Grip pull downs 4x15
-Seated Rows 4x30
Day 2 legs
-Leg Extensions 7x15
-Sissy Squats 7x15
-Leg Curl 7x20
Standing Calves 6x50
Day 3 off/Abs
Gotta post 4/5 on a different post

Last edited by INeverGiveUp; 03-10-2015 at 02:39 PM.
(#2)
Old

Default 03-10-2015, 02:35 PM

Day 4 Shoulders and Traps
-Shoulder Press Machine 5x20
-Side Cable Lateral Raise 3x25 (each arm)
-Front dumbbell raises 4x15
-Dumbbell Shrugs 5x50

Day 5 Biceps & Triceps
-Barbell Curls 1x10 Close grip/1x10medium grip/1x20 wide grip
Dumbbell Curls 1x20.1x15.1x10.1x15x1x20 No rest between five sets doing them twice and after first 5 sets i take 5 mins break than do other set!
-Push-downs with V-bar 5x20
-Seated Dips 10x20 or i go to failure on each set

Day6/7 off!

I take 5% "for life" supplements!

This is only week one! I'll write week 2 up when i get the time!! Thank you all!!! I am a newbie to working out!! Just give me a little break haha!!
(#3)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 03-11-2015, 01:47 PM

Good deal brother! Keep up the good fight!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

The Following User Says Thank You to RickB For This Useful Post:
INeverGiveUp (03-11-2015)
(#4)
Old

Default 03-11-2015, 10:19 PM

Thanks bro!!!

Ohio State Police Academy soon!
5% Product user!
(#5)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 10-07-2015, 03:35 PM

that is a good program, but for maximum muscle stimulus I would try to keep reps in the 10-12 range for muscle growth.

8 rep ranges allow you to go heavier of course but it also puts a more load bearing stress on the joints and when you do that you end up lifting weight with joints instead of muscle.

Now, saying this.... for beginners 1-2 years of training they should definitely stick with the 10-12 range mainly because stabilizer muscles have not quite yet matured enough to take the stress from the heavier weight.

I've seen it all to often where lifters stick in the 6-8 range going heavier and never really get stronger or gain the mass they work so hard to get. Also keeping higher rep ranges allows for endurance also. Having muscle endurance in the long run will allow you to push more weight and in turn gain more muscle mass faster.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW