IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page 4 or 5 day Split Routine
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

Closed Thread

4 or 5 day Split Routine
(#1)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 4 or 5 day Split Routine - 06-30-2007, 07:41 PM

The workout I'm posting here is not the "be all" workout plan. It is what I use and it's working great for me. The reason I want to post this is for the newbies that join up and ask what they should do. Keep in mind, this is just one of MANY options and it can be revised, tweaked or just tossed and find another one that fits you better. I also recommend using a workout plan for a while and look to change it up every so often just to keep the muscles surprised and break the possible boredom.

*The exercises listed here are just some of many more that you can do. Use this as a basic "get started" guide and as your knowledge grows, adjust it as you wish. If there's more than 5 listed for a particular day, pick 5 and you can change it up as you wish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of my exercises include light weight warm up set plus 4 sets as follows:
Set 1 - 12 reps Moderate weight
Set 2 - 10 reps Ramp up weight from Set 1
Set 3 - 8 reps Ramp up Weight from Set 2
Set 4**- 8 reps or until failure (you want to experiment with this weight when starting out to figure out what you can barely do...push yourself HARD!)

**About once per month I will make this a drop set and use either my starting weight or the weight I used on Set 2 and go til failure. Make sure to include Staple Movements which are good core exercises.

Day 1 - Leg Day
Squats (free weight, Smith Machine, or Squat Machine)(Staple Movement)
Walking Lunges (sometimes weighted)

Leg Extensions
Leg Curls
Calf Raises - Feet Straight, Toes In, Toes Out (can be done on a leg press or standing)

Day 2 - Either take it off for rest - OR - Abs & Cardio

Day 3 - Chest & Tricep
Bench Press (Flat )(Staple Movement)
Bench Press (Incline - free weight or Smith Machine)
Bench Press (Decline - free weight or Smith Machine)
Dumbell Press (ditto...flat, incline, and/or decline)
Tricep Pushdowns
Skullcrushers
Pec Fly Machine
Dumbell Flys (Bench - flat, incline, or decline)
Cable Crossover

Day 4 - Back & Bicep
Deadlifts
(staple movement)
Pull-Ups (staple movement)
Dumbell Curls (Standing, Incline, or Seated Concentration)
Barbell Curls (Standing)
Preacher Curls
Single Arm Rows (Dumbell)
Bent-Over Rows (Barbell or Smith Machine)
Cable Row
Lat Pull-down
Back Extension Machine

Day 5 - Shoulder & Trap
Military/Shoulder Press (Staple Movement)
Barbell shrugs (Barbell or Smith Machine)
Dumbell Shrugs
Plate Shrugs
Upright Cable Row
Front Raise (Dumbell or Barbell)
Lat Raise (Dumbell)
Military Press
Upright Row
Shoulder Press (Smith Machine)

*Cardio can be added to Day 5 due to the smaller muscle groups might not take as long.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, this should help beginners and as you learn more you can change what you want. I can't emphasize enough about making your time in the gym count. It will pay off!

Admins and Mods...feel free to make alterations to any errors I might have made. I hope this is found useful.

Last edited by RickB; 04-02-2008 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Emphasized Core/Staple Movements
(#2)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 07-01-2007, 12:26 PM

Doing this workout, along with a smart diet, and plenty of sleep, this is what 6-1/2 months can get you...and I'm 38yrs old:
Before & After
Closed Thread