IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Injuries and Rehab
Reload this Page Severe neck pain with lifting
Injuries and Rehab Discuss Injuries and Rehabilitation here.

Severe neck pain with lifting
(#1)
Old
CandyGirl is a jewel in the rough

Default Severe neck pain with lifting - 03-09-2012, 07:53 AM

Has anyone ever experienced sharp severe shooting pains in your cervical spine that move up over your head when lifting? Doesn't matter what body part I work on this happens. I can stretch my neck and it still happens. It seems less severe if I go light but the first set of heavy weights I'm done. The pain is so severe at first that it has brought me to tears. As I cont with my workout the pain sort of sets all over my neck into my head with a fiery sensation that settles in my C4-C6 spine. Sometimes both arms go numb and as I get further into my routine my ears feel like they are under water and my vision is sometimes affected. I'm scheduled for an MRI but I wanted to see if it has happened to anyone else too? With my first how coming up in 12 weeks I'm nervous that the dr will say no more lifting which will devastate me. Thank you.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5juzzj
(#2)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 03-09-2012, 10:31 AM

best case scenario it is a pinched nerve or nerves.i wont guess any further then that.but i hope its nothing serious.good luck with the MRI.

Controlled labs supps.
(#3)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-09-2012, 10:39 AM

Good chance this is what it is.
But like you are scheduled for MRI that is the best thing to do.

Now with that said when I do squats I feel a small sharp pain right near my spine and found out that is the spinal column and nerves . The pain generates in the thoracic region and kinda travels up.
The thoracic nerves are right there in the middle so when you are stretching it like that they are getting pulled. If you are going numb it could be strained bad.

One thing the PT suggested was keep getting a massage in that area to help ease up the pain. Heat works well too to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recarp82 View Post
best case scenario it is a pinched nerve or nerves.i wont guess any further then that.but i hope its nothing serious.good luck with the MRI.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#4)
Old
CandyGirl is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-09-2012, 10:20 PM

Thank you guys!! I got the MRI. I looked at the results but since I know nothing of the pictures it seems all normal to me. Won't know till Monday now. I've been going light and pushing it till I feel the verge of the pain and going high reps. It sucks. I'll keep posting.
Will I do more damage if I continue lifting and training?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fg2l4e