IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Cook's Corner
Reload this Page Low fat fried chicken
Cook's Corner Forum for posting recipes. Pictures of what you have created from watching hours of the Food Network. Let us see 'em.

Low fat fried chicken
(#1)
Old
c0yled0tc0m is on a distinguished road

Default Low fat fried chicken - 09-25-2013, 09:58 AM

So, in my search for lower "junk filled" foods...found this serene chicken recipe and thought I would share this one too.

Ingredients:
All purpose flour
Buttermilk
Boneless skinless chicken breast
Spices (salt,pepper,cumin,garlic powder,oninon powder)
Original corn flakes (or panko will work)
Hot sauce if you want it spicy

Marinate the chicken in the buttermilk for about 2-4 hours, when done marinating, toss in the all purpose flour. Put the buttermilk in a wash dish and flop it in butter milk again after the flour. The cornflakes have to be crushed up really good, and mix your spices in with them. Bread the chicken in the corn flakes. Take a small baking sheet, line it with tinfoil then place a cooling rack you would use to cool cookies inside the sheet on he foil. Spray it lightly with cooking oil so it won't stick. This makes it so he heat can get all around the
chicken and cook it faster. Tried this last night and it tasted better then any KFC junk ever has to me.

Side dish for it could be some mashed cauliflower with mashed white beans mixed in. Hope you guys enjoy it, if you want to make it with the hot sauce, add it in the marinade before you put in the chicken. Let me know what you guys think

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was your body. Get outta your head about it and just show up!"-Tony Horton
(#2)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 09-25-2013, 02:38 PM

"Low fat"

Ingredient 1; flour.

*Closes thread*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cra_training_zy For This Useful Post:
bb12 (10-01-2013)
(#3)
Old

Default 09-25-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
"Low fat"

Ingredient 1; flour.

*Closes thread*
Yes it does had flour, but it's a low fat alternative to traditional fried chicken. Usually I appreciate your "picking apart" of my statements, but this one I'm gonna stand firm on. If you wanted to get technical you could do it without the flour, but compare the fatty greasyness of a wing from KFC or any fried chicken place and this one blows it out of the water. I do belive the phrase the chef that I got the recipe from called this "skinny chicken".

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was your body. Get outta your head about it and just show up!"-Tony Horton
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 09-25-2013, 04:01 PM

Looks like it should taste good.

Not to get off topic though, but the "diet is super important" trend has gotten a little out of hand...but man did it pay off for supp companies and diet coaches.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#5)
Old

Default 09-25-2013, 04:08 PM

Lol Ouija, that's a great statement. Honestly I just "feel" better when I eat like that ya know? I never realized how lethargic I was feeling before I cleaned up my diet, or that I was eating way more than I should have been. Stuffing myself at every meal feeling too full to move...I see now that it was gross ya know? To each there own I guess but this is great chicken.

(#6)
Old

Default 09-25-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0yled0tc0m View Post
Yes it does had flour, but it's a low fat alternative to traditional fried chicken. Usually I appreciate your "picking apart" of my statements, but this one I'm gonna stand firm on. If you wanted to get technical you could do it without the flour, but compare the fatty greasyness of a wing from KFC or any fried chicken place and this one blows it out of the water. I do belive the phrase the chef that I got the recipe from called this "skinny chicken".
It's just my sense of humour sometimes. I'm taking the piss out of myself more than anything, by being super anal. It's the kind of stupid thing I'd nit pick and I couldn't resist it.

I have a very British sense of humour.
(#7)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 09-26-2013, 10:09 AM

Very well said.

Most people can loose weight just by cutting back on the quantity of the food they eat. As long as it is not just like junk food void of any nutritional content.

That guy who did the Twinkie study actually lost weight but at what cost. Muscle "no thanks"

I would rather loose body fat and keep as much muscle as I could . What good is it to do all the work in the gym if you are not going to be able to keep what you worked so hard for. That is why eating whole foods are important. You can go low carb , high protein , Low calorie anything you want but what always remains constant is the fact that you eat healthier foods. Living off of Fast food is not where you want to go because most if not all of those companies alter the food to where it has no fiber content in it what so ever. It is not meant to fill you up. It is meant for you to buy more so they can make more money.

You can take a regular ole potatoe and cook it yourself in any recipe and it will fill you up much more than a super sized order of french fries.

I love the fact that Burger King has come out with this new Fry called Satisfries this is supposed to be about 20% lower calories and 40% lower fat it is still 270 calories for a small serving . Sounds good at first but guess what It is still a french fry that has been fried in oil destroying most of the nutritional content.

Also take a salad that everyone loves to eat on a diet. Supposed to be lower calorie right. Oh but we all know once you dump the dressing on it that destroys the lower calorie so how do you eat a salad. Get tasteless lower carb no sugar bland tasting dressing and trick your taste buds into thinking different. what is really happening. If your a lifter you should not even be eating a salad. Most Salads unless it is spinach or Kale you are getting absolutely no nutritional value from the bulk of the "Salad" the greens you eat most of the time is either iceberg lettuce or Green leaf. It holds little nutritional value. More water than anything. However spinach, Kale and some other forms of greens (you have to find them and look at their nutritional value) are loaded with fiber. This is what you want from your salad but still does it really fill you up. You can choose vegetables like Brussel sprouts , green beans, peas or any of these type of beans and they have plenty of fiber and some good nutritional value to them.

I'm drifting but the bottom line is the quality of what you eat. You will find out that if you have better quality food it will fill you up faster and also supress those hunger hormone levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
Looks like it should taste good.

Not to get off topic though, but the "diet is super important" trend has gotten a little out of hand...but man did it pay off for supp companies and diet coaches.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#8)
Old

Default 09-26-2013, 12:11 PM

Mac, I gotta be honest...that's a great post. But what did you think of the chicken recipe? :rofl: I did good rift? Lmao

(#9)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 09-26-2013, 02:10 PM

Oh yeah that is a great recipe. I've done similar. The corn flakes make it really crispy. I also like using Mashed Potato flakes for the crust. I do a veal cutlet similar too. by using flour egg wash then panko bread crumbs

Good job on the recipe for the reciepe thread. LOL we kinda got off base there didn't we .LOL

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#10)
Old

Default 09-26-2013, 04:05 PM

I mainly eat for mental performance; as I have high functioning autism. I rely heavily on a specific diet. Sugar and wheat are two things that really bring on the blues for me. Depression and anxiety are amplified ten fold. Not so much with rice - it's not all carbs.

But as I mentioned, I do like to poke fun out of myself. No one likes a serious guy all the time. Hahaha!

(I do smash a Ben and Jerry's now and then)

Right, I'm off now before I drive this thread even more off topic...
(#11)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 09-26-2013, 04:29 PM

Kinda on topic, but excuse me while I digress. Dietary fat doesn't make you fat. And low-fat usually means higher carb...which is our nation's demise.

But yeah the recipe looks tasty!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#12)
Old
jasonorland88 is on a distinguished road

Default 09-30-2013, 10:30 AM

good to know some really good facts about foods thanks for that post @mac
(#13)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
bb12 has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Yahoo to bb12
Default 10-01-2013, 11:03 PM

Was this on Dr. Oz or something?? Someone actually made this at work and I tried it... pretty good (not sure the macros)

All American EFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.
(#14)
Old

Default 10-02-2013, 06:02 AM

Dude funniest story, I was channel surfing riding the biggest couch wave you've ever seen and I saw a guy cooking on QVC, this was the recipe. Next day, walked in my room while my girl was sleeping (works nights) and the same guy was on the bethenny show cooking the same chicken. I felt like it was a sign to make it, I really did

Tags
healthy fried chicken , soul food