IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Cook's Corner
Reload this Page The face of the enemy
Cook's Corner Forum for posting recipes. Pictures of what you have created from watching hours of the Food Network. Let us see 'em.

The face of the enemy
(#1)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Exclamation The face of the enemy - 08-20-2010, 02:59 AM

Ok men, this is the enemy.

What do we know about him:
-cheap
-lean
-great source of protien
-bland as hell and almost always tastes like crap when i cook it!!!!!!!!!!

Your objective:
-teach me ways to cook the enemy while remembering im an idiot and cant cook for the life of me

Restrictions:
-avoid added sugars and fats (some is ok)
-avoid wild sauces that will drive cost/prep time through the roof
-has to be able to be performed every night (bbq is out,charcoal costs too damn much)
-quick prep is a plus (marinading/brineing is not included in prep time)
(#2)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Default 08-20-2010, 03:02 AM

some optional pluses:
-im ok with salt, so dont be scared to use it.
-my chicken breast meal is normally my last meal of the day and cant have many carbohydrates in it, so dont tell me to add it to a pasta....aint gonna happen
(#3)
Old
germanpotato is on a distinguished road

Default 08-20-2010, 05:27 AM

my wife buys these all the time we grill them smothered in lemonpepper
(#4)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 08-20-2010, 07:14 AM

Rocket Grill! I still love mine!

It's too easy and chicken is WAY good with whatever seasoning you want. I use grill mates sometimes and sometimes lemon pepper like the G-potato mentioned:

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#5)
Old
IPYU - Director Of Ops
IPYU Matt has a spectacular aura about

Default 08-20-2010, 10:51 AM

Good easy recipe is

Sprinkle on some:

Salt
Garlic Powder
Black Pepper
herb of your choice (the best are basil/thyme/rosemary IMO)

Pan cook in just a tiny amount of olive oil (fat shouldn't be TOO bad and adds awesome flavor) with the lid off..let it sear a bit..

Another cooking trick...cut the pieces up when thawed..cooks faster and easier

If you don't mind spice substitute italian seasoning for hot sauce of your choice (tabasco is so rad it hurts) or some cajun seasoning like Zattarans is boss too. The key is get some strong sprinkle-seasonings..less fat & sugar footprint then marinade and doesnt have to sit in it for hours...it's a little higher in sodium but like you said..not an issue.

Last but not least...the king of all is citrus..limes lemons etc..cheap as hell..buy a sack leave em in your fridge and squirt some on while cooking..if you're bored you can even use a grater and zest the rind in like 2 sec to give some awesome flavor..

That's my 2 pennies

"A man has to have goals and that was mine, to have people say, ĎThere goes Ted Williams, the greatest hitter who ever lived." - Ted Williams
(#6)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 08-20-2010, 11:50 AM

Like Matt said Zattarans is good but in my opinion if you can get a hold of some Tony's

This works well. Olive oil is great to cook in and leaves a nice tasty crust on the chicken
I've got several recipes. I will put them up later.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#7)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 08-20-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
Like Matt said Zattarans is good but in my opinion if you can get a hold of some Tony's

This works well. Olive oil is great to cook in and leaves a nice tasty crust on the chicken
I've got several recipes. I will put them up later.
I was waiting on the chef to chime in

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
(#8)
Old
The Riot!

Default 08-20-2010, 06:11 PM

I only use olive oil and am no limit to amount being put on, hell I even deep fry nuggets in EVOO. I normally quick stirfry thinly cut slices, generally in soy sauce. But any other venture from that normally comes out dry.
(#9)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 08-20-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt20 View Post
I was waiting on the chef to chime in
LOL thanks

Kris I will pull out my stuff and really get down on these recipes. Most of the stuff I come up with in my head about cooking it healthy.

I use a lot of citrus based stuff to so it leaves a savory sweet taste as well.

I'm like you I don't like just putting it with pasta but I do have some great pasta ideas that will make you slap yo mama.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#10)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 08-20-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
I only use olive oil and am no limit to amount being put on, hell I even deep fry nuggets in EVOO. I normally quick stirfry thinly cut slices, generally in soy sauce. But any other venture from that normally comes out dry.

do I really need to say it? Do I?..Ok, you're making me ...Rocket Grill! No dry chicken!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#11)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Gerbilo is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Gerbilo
Default 08-21-2010, 02:04 PM

I'm busy as hell right now and about to head off the computer, but I will try to remember to come back and give you some of my ideas. I've always been good at improv cooking. Until I can get back, good luck!
(#12)
Old
fitnessschooled is on a distinguished road

Default 08-23-2010, 12:13 AM

I'd eat it with rice, the white one. Put seasonings on the rice. Fry with EFA oil. Dip 'em in soy sauce with Calamondin (That small green lemon, also known as "Calamansi") and eat. This makes me hungry.
(#13)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-06-2010, 07:00 PM

Some ideas off the top of my head...

For very quick and easy, top with salsa of your choice(homemade is best ) and bake. Sprinkle with shredded cheese if you want. You can serve it w/ spanish or mexican rice if you want carbs, but not necessary.

Another quick and easy way is to marinade the chicken in an Italian dressing for 4-12 hours and then cook however you want(grill, bake, stovetop).

Those are just two real quick methods, I'll stop back in this thread for some more.
(#14)
Old
BigFiveFive has a spectacular aura about

Default 09-06-2010, 09:32 PM

Garlic Chicken g, garlic is good for you too.

Or you could always just grill it, and drown it in Franks Wing Sauce, good shit and black as hell.

That what I did for my contest prep.

(#15)
Old
The Riot!

Default 09-07-2010, 12:54 AM

well i use alot of salsas, sugar free ketsup, soy sauce, shakenbake (my personal fav, gets old though)
(#16)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-10-2010, 07:44 PM

Alright, I've got a marinade working right now, I'm going to test it out tonight and if it is any good I'll share.

Also, are you a fan of asian flavor? If so, I have an idea, this is something that I have made before kind of on the fly and it turned out well. The only big issue is that it is probably a little high in sodium.

I haven't measured anything when making this, I just did it to taste, I will try to approximate.

Ingredients:
Chicken - sliced
Onion - sliced
Garlic - fine chop
Ginger - fine chop
Stir Fry Veg mix(they sell a bunch frozen)
Sesame Oil
Flour(optional)
Oyster Sauce
Bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, bean sprouts(optional)

Thaw your stupid frozen chicken or buy fresh boneless.
Slice into strips/chunks
Sprinkle with flour(you don't have to do this, but it will thicken the sauce up in the end)
Heat 1tbsp sesame oil in a large pan.
Add your chicken, diced garlic, sliced onion, and diced ginger(peel ginger first) and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
When the chicken is just about fully cooked add your frozen veg and stir in 2-3 tbsp oyster sauce.
Add your shoots/sprouts now and cover, stirring occasionally.
When it is all hot you are ready to go. Serve over brown rice or whole grain noodles if you want. If you like heat, like me, top with crushed red pepper or Sriracha.

Enjoy!

As I said, I don't really have a recipe, this is just something I made up one night, so I might not have all the details. If you have any questions, ask.
(#17)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 09-10-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbilo View Post
Also, are you a fan of asian flavor?
I think he actually favors Asian flavors...but not sure about his food.

(#18)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-10-2010, 10:07 PM

...he has a case of the yellow fever?....
(#19)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 09-11-2010, 11:15 AM

Most of the time the better we make something taste the more we move away from function and start leaning to taste.

Plus if you eat dull and plain when you do get a bit of flavor you can really taste it. Check out OTK's abs in his avatar no wonder he is looking for ideas. He's been eating right.

My abs need work and last night I had sautťed mushrooms and onions over my steak. Little olive oil, garlic and butter. I canít blame kickchick Iím the cook.

I need to go buy a 40lb box of sweet potatoes, huge bag frozen mixed veggies and a sack of boneless skinless and just deal with it.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#20)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 09-11-2010, 11:20 AM

Food network has a new show called meat and potatoes. It's a self-proclaimed cardiac arrest waiting to happen but the food looks great. Red meat sandwiches the size of volts wagons

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.