IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training and Diet Blogs
Reload this Page RoaringMad Mac Powerlifting Again !!!! Road back to recovery
Training and Diet Blogs Post your journal to help you keep track of your progress and goals. Receive support, suggestions, and guidance from other members.

RoaringMad Mac Powerlifting Again !!!! Road back to recovery
(#1)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default RoaringMad Mac Powerlifting Again !!!! Road back to recovery - 04-11-2014, 03:41 PM

I just signed up for a Meet in July but I can only do Bench press right now with my back the way it is. I'm on the road to recovery. I'm going to start really updating this new log because of the Goal I've set for myself.

I've got a really good chance in doing really good in a couple of local meets.

I'm also going to try and get my new trainee in here to start logging. Her name is Macy Armstrong. Look her up on facebook under my friends.

Starting this log on Monday.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#2)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 04-12-2014, 10:18 AM

*A subscription has been added to this thread*
(#3)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 04-14-2014, 09:11 AM

Thanks

Monday April 14th
(#4)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Monday April 14th - 04-14-2014, 09:18 AM

warm ups

Suit case carries. 40 50 60 walk around the gym with each hand

Bird Dogs 3 sets of 10

Rolling planks 3 sets of 10

McGill Crunch 3 sets of 10

Chest

Bench Press
    1. 135x20
    2. 225x15
    3. 315x12
    4. 405x7
    5. 225x20
    6. 225x20

Incline Dumbbell Press
  1. 80x15
  2. 85x15
  3. 90x12
  4. 90x12
These where done slow and controlled all the way down to neutral grip and turned at the top for a squeeze

Incline Dumbbell Flys
  1. 40x15
  2. 50x15
  3. 50x12
  4. 50x12
by this time my freaking chest was blown up

Standing Cable Flys
  1. 20x20
  2. 40x15
  3. 40x15
  4. 40x15

seated Machine chest press
  1. 80x15
  2. 80x15
just for extra pump

Rope Tricep Pushdowns
  1. 40x20
  2. 50x20
  3. 60x20
  4. 70x20

seated Calve Raises
1 set 110 x50

(#5)
Old

Default 04-14-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post

405x7
Raw or equipped?
(#6)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-14-2014, 03:23 PM

Raw....... I don't use equipment I will however use the slingshot on heavier overload sets or use it on 405 for 15-20 reps. but this is raw.

was not as strong this morning as I usually am. 405 usually goes up for at least 9-10

(#7)
Old

Default 04-14-2014, 04:25 PM

That's crazy... Even with the slingshot (which can't offer much?) that is still an insane amount of weight to be pressing for that many reps - I can't wait to see what your 1RM might be.

I don't think I've even broken a 400 dead... A 390 Quasimodo lift on a good day, and with a week of back pain to follow, is about the best I can do with that sort of weight. Forget benching it! It would kill me.

Last edited by cra_training_zy; 04-14-2014 at 04:33 PM.
(#8)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 04-14-2014, 04:56 PM

Looking pretty solid though Mac. At the very least start off looking for consistency.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#9)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-15-2014, 08:34 AM

Consistency is the key here.

I'm at a good place now that will allow me to do that consistency now. No more lets do this instead this week or trying to change things up all the time.

I plan on doing at least a Bench Meet in July at the very least. Can't do much with my lower Back right now. It has to be 100% healthy and even then I just want to focus on burning fat and getting this weight down. And that is working well now.

Tuesday April 15th Legs
(#10)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Tuesday April 15th Legs - 04-15-2014, 08:54 AM

warm up
Bird dogs
rolling plank
Bench hip planks

Calves on Leg press
  1. 315x20
  2. 315x20
  3. 405x20
  4. 495x20

Calves on Leg Press machine deep stretch
  1. 300x10 4 second hold at bottom 4 second squeeze at top
  2. 300x10 4 second hold at bottom 4 second squeeze at top
  3. 300x10 4 second hold at bottom 4 second squeeze at top

Seated Hamstring Curls
  1. 100x15
  2. 100x12
  3. 100x12
  4. 100x8

Dumbbell Romanian Dead Lift
  1. 30x10
  2. 35x10
  3. 40x10
  4. 45x10
notes: This dug into my back a little might have to find another alternative I'm supposed to be keeping all motions at the waist right now to a very minimum. Did not hurt but I could feel my lower back tighten up even with perfect form. I guess Next week I will try lying hamstring pulls with one of my bands and see how that feels

Leg Press
  1. 315x20
  2. 405x20
  3. 495x20
  4. 405x20
  5. 315x40
notes: For the sake of argument. I'm not counting the sled at weight. it is like 157 or something pounds so even though it not the true weight I'm going to just act like it is a 45 pound bar and go with that. We all know it is more but for leg press who is really counting as long as I'm getting the reps and going parallel. this was an absolute insane pump in my quads

Leg Extensions
  1. 100x20
  2. 100x20
  3. 100x120

Final notes:

It was a good workout. I need to keep asking myself do I want to just move weight or train smart. I want to get rid of this pain in my lower back and reading the 10/20/life book is really helping me achieve this.

I'm finding I love doing this higher weight with more reps watching my diet too and I don't have to do much cardio. The high reps with 50 to 70 % of my max is taking care of cardio. Paying attention to heart rate as well as I'm constantly in the upper training region of my heart rate so I know I'm doing cardio as well on this but not overly stressing my heart. Trying to work on building alot of endurance with this style training. Plus burn tons of caloreis.

(#11)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-15-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra_training_zy View Post
That's crazy... Even with the slingshot (which can't offer much?) that is still an insane amount of weight to be pressing for that many reps - I can't wait to see what your 1RM might be.

I don't think I've even broken a 400 dead... A 390 Quasimodo lift on a good day, and with a week of back pain to follow, is about the best I can do with that sort of weight. Forget benching it! It would kill me.
Actually the slingshot can offer alot toward building a bigger bench press. Sadly most Bro Science guys use it wrong and like putting it on to make their bench press look larger than it actually is.

It is great for overloading and protecting the shoulder. the Over load and doing higher reps with it allows for an insane pump in the triceps and chest.

Wenesday April 16th
(#12)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Wenesday April 16th - 04-16-2014, 08:50 AM

Close Grip Bench Press
  1. 45x20
  2. 45x20
  3. 65x20
  4. 65x20
  5. 95x20
  6. 95x20
  7. 135x20
  8. 135x20
  9. 225x20
  10. 225x15

Incredible pump

Straight bar curl
  1. 45x20
  2. 55x20
  3. 65x20
  4. 95x20
  5. 95x15
  6. 95x10
arms about fell off pumped so hard

Lying Tricep extension
  1. 70x12
  2. 80x12
  3. 80x12
  4. 80x12
alternating DB curl super set with Cable Triceps pushdowns
  1. 30x15/60x20
  2. 35x15/90x20
  3. 40x15/100x20

one arm cable curls
  1. 30x10
  2. 30x10
  3. 30x10

(#13)
Old
AA EFX
- B-RAD -
brad1224 is a jewel in the rough

Default 04-22-2014, 09:46 AM

along for the come back!

great detail on the log. always liked following you log and your progress.

Obsession is what weaklings call the dedicated, do or die, never give up, if you are not 110 into bodybuilding get the fuck out now, rip it off the floor and lift, IF THE BAR AINT BENDING YOUR JUST PRETENDING!

AAEFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
(#14)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-23-2014, 12:19 PM

Thanks I'll be logging in this week's workout soon. been busy at the Chiropractor.

(#15)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 10-01-2014, 10:48 AM

Git back in here Mac!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#16)
Old
Big Mac is on a distinguished road

Default 03-07-2017, 01:31 PM

Ha, This last post of mine was 3 years ago. One torn Bicep in 2015 then the next year a torn Achilles tendon. Been alot of recovery. but now healthy and at it again Been healthy so far.

Let try this again
(#17)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 03-08-2017, 08:51 AM

Good to see you're on the mend and back at it!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]