IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Powerlifting & Strength
Reload this Page Rules for Poundage clubs
Powerlifting & Strength The strongest of the strong discussing strength techniques and powerlifting tips. If you want strength over size, this forum is for you.

Rules for Poundage clubs
(#1)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default Rules for Poundage clubs - 02-16-2007, 12:00 PM

I wanted to make this in the open chat thread since most of the time everyone migrates to this thread anyway.

The basic rule of this club is the three major lifts.

Bench Press

Dead Lift

Squat.

If you are not doing these you need to. These are the fundemental staples of lifting. If you prefer to use Incline Bench press as a substitute for Bench presss that is okay but know this your numbers will not be as high.

Rules on Authenticity : I would like at least a picture of your lift. If not it will not be submitted. Videos or links to videos would be great. Certain rules can be overlooked but I will be meeting and talking with the mods to further discuss rules of these clubs.

I will ammend these rules as we go along if needed.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#2)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 02-16-2007, 12:14 PM

The only way I can do squat is on a Smith machine. Will that count? My gym does not have a rack of any sort for a free-weight squat.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#3)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 02-16-2007, 12:51 PM

Smith Machine is okay in my opinion Leg Press is not.

(#4)
Old
Senior Memeber
Jordan566 is a splendid one to behold Jordan566 is a splendid one to behold Jordan566 is a splendid one to behold

Location: Kirksville, MO while at school, and St. Peters, MO at home.
Send a message via AIM to Jordan566 Send a message via MSN to Jordan566
Default 02-16-2007, 12:53 PM

Your gym has no rack? WTF?!?!
(#5)
Old
Tim687 will become famous soon enough

Default 02-16-2007, 01:08 PM

makes sense

90% of the people in the gym have probably never done a squat in their life

(that's not to say its a good thing)
(#6)
Old
charger71 is on a distinguished road

Default 02-16-2007, 01:18 PM

my gym doesnt have a squat rack either, but my gym is also in a country club haha. 1100 by summer i hope!
(#7)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 02-16-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan566 View Post
Your gym has no rack? WTF?!?!
I workout in a town of 5000 peeps. It's the only gym....yeah it sucks, but the upside is my company pays for 100% of my membership.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#8)
Old
Senior Memeber
Jordan566 is a splendid one to behold Jordan566 is a splendid one to behold Jordan566 is a splendid one to behold

Location: Kirksville, MO while at school, and St. Peters, MO at home.
Send a message via AIM to Jordan566 Send a message via MSN to Jordan566
Default 02-16-2007, 05:14 PM

Welp, time to buy a cage then brother. :-)
(#9)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 02-16-2007, 05:17 PM

nevermind
(#10)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 02-16-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan566 View Post
Welp, time to buy a cage then brother. :-)
I agree.

(#11)
Old
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 02-16-2007, 10:06 PM

i want to start doing deads, but never have. as far as foot placement and joint action goes, is it the same as a squat? is there also back extension at the top? probably a stupid question, but i want to do it right.

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!
(#12)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 02-17-2007, 01:30 PM

I am not trying to brag when I say this Loaf but look at my deadlift for and study it. I am pretty proud of my form when doing deadlifts.

(#13)
Old
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 06-08-2007, 11:38 AM

Now that i'm finally doing deadlifts, my goal is the 1100 Club by October. And that's with my 7-rep sets!

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!
(#14)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 06-08-2007, 04:12 PM

Alright then let see it.

(#15)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 06-08-2007, 07:00 PM

Where's the 800 club? heheh!
(#16)
Old
Sonny Crockett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Sonny Crockett
Default 08-24-2007, 01:36 PM

PL gear acceptable for these videos?

"THERE IS NO POINT IN BEING ALIVE IF YOU CANNOT DO THE DEADLIFT."
JON PALL SIGMARSSON.

EST Sponsored Athlete
(#17)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 08-24-2007, 02:27 PM

Yes, it is acceptable. I don't care if it is raw or not.

(#18)
Old
Allworld is on a distinguished road

Default 12-20-2008, 08:56 PM

where is the 1400?