IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Your Community > Forum Rules
Reload this Page Trend I've been seeing
Forum Rules Basic rules and guidelines for IllPumpYouUp.com forum posting. Be sure to read this before you begin to participate.

Trend I've been seeing
(#1)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default Trend I've been seeing - 08-07-2012, 08:00 AM

I put this in Forum Rules because of several things.

Here is what I'm seeing over the past couple of months.

Simply put:

Alot of Horseshit numbers on weights that some people put up on their Logs.

Here is the thing Gang. We live in the most technological age known to man. I could understand if years ago someone was talking about doing 405 bench presses for reps with a body weight of 230-250 with ????? % of bodyfat that don't sound right with out seeing the pictures myself.

We live in an age where the tiniest of stuff gets put on Youtube everyone puts stuff up on the web now. even pictures hell even pictures are okay in my book. If done a certain way where you can see the weight.

I'm getting really irritated at times seeing these big numbers that make me look small and weak. Not that I'm jealous to any degree. I would be the first to call praise, but come on people you know that somewhere down the road someone is going to call you out on the web.

Like the old saying goes " if something seems to good to be true . It probably is.

But Mac I don't have a workout partners to take a video or picture

Picture is simple anyone will be glad to do it for you if you explain it.
Video is simple. Remember my fat ass hitting on the Heavy bag a couple of months ago. Just leaned my I phone up on something and walla

I'm really not trying to be an ass here but here is what happens.
You make yourself look like an ass first off. then it kinda insults the rest of us as well. In the world of weight lifting and fitness it is all about what everyone else sees. Sorry...... It is not what you see. You can lift 405 X NUMBER of times good for you. do you look like you can lift that. Or I would rather look like I can do that much vs saying I can do that. much.

There is a hand full of people on here that give us awesome videos to watch and that is awesome. We love seeing them keep it up. we know you guys are the real deal. It is the other ones that need to do some soul searching and consider this the call out post from yours truly.

From now on and I'm sorry. If I don't see a picture or a video when you put up a Personal Best. Then I'm sorry for this. I'm not going to believe it.

I put up everything I've done or my training partners stuff as well. At least the forum knows where they are at and they are being honest about it

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#2)
Old
alegator is on a distinguished road

Default 08-07-2012, 08:35 AM

Most of the times I don't even read the logs that people put up. I am a short, fat, over -weight, 53 year old who has been fighting "The Battle of the Bulge" most of my life. I have worked hard to lose 57 pounds over the last 5 years by going to the gym on a consistent basis.

I still need to lose another 75 pounds or so to get into good health. I joined this forum after I found out about "Illpumpyouup.com" (I am lucky, I live in the Tampa Bay area about 15 minutes from the warehouse). This forum has given me some good work out and nutrition info, thanks to Emeka, Mac, Rick, and many others. Plus some great motivation. If it keeps doing that, I am happy.

As to some of the lifting numbers people post, just be true to yourself. Mac is right, post what you really did, and be proud of it.
(#3)
Old
ShawnD is on a distinguished road

Default 08-07-2012, 09:26 AM

I can prob put up 405 x times.....on the moon ha

OFWGKTA
(#4)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 08-07-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegator View Post
Most of the times I don't even read the logs that people put up. I am a short, fat, over -weight, 53 year old who has been fighting "The Battle of the Bulge" most of my life. I have worked hard to lose 57 pounds over the last 5 years by going to the gym on a consistent basis.

I still need to lose another 75 pounds or so to get into good health. I joined this forum after I found out about "Illpumpyouup.com" (I am lucky, I live in the Tampa Bay area about 15 minutes from the warehouse). This forum has given me some good work out and nutrition info, thanks to Emeka, Mac, Rick, and many others. Plus some great motivation. If it keeps doing that, I am happy.

As to some of the lifting numbers people post, just be true to yourself. Mac is right, post what you really did, and be proud of it.
And it's good to have you here! Holler if you ever want some diet info as I truly believe fat control comes from the kitchen more than the gym. I rarely do cardio. Only for 15 min sessions usually just because of motocross endurance training.

And Mac...I agree!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#5)
Old
alegator is on a distinguished road

Default 08-07-2012, 10:59 AM

Thanks Rick, appreciate the offer and will definately hollar at you.
(#6)
Old
quickfit24/7 has a spectacular aura about

Default 08-07-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
I put this in Forum Rules because of several things.

Here is what I'm seeing over the past couple of months.

Simply put:

Alot of Horseshit numbers on weights that some people put up on their Logs.

Here is the thing Gang. We live in the most technological age known to man. I could understand if years ago someone was talking about doing 405 bench presses for reps with a body weight of 230-250 with ????? % of bodyfat that don't sound right with out seeing the pictures myself.

We live in an age where the tiniest of stuff gets put on Youtube everyone puts stuff up on the web now. even pictures hell even pictures are okay in my book. If done a certain way where you can see the weight.

I'm getting really irritated at times seeing these big numbers that make me look small and weak. Not that I'm jealous to any degree. I would be the first to call praise, but come on people you know that somewhere down the road someone is going to call you out on the web.

Like the old saying goes " if something seems to good to be true . It probably is.

But Mac I don't have a workout partners to take a video or picture

Picture is simple anyone will be glad to do it for you if you explain it.
Video is simple. Remember my fat ass hitting on the Heavy bag a couple of months ago. Just leaned my I phone up on something and walla

I'm really not trying to be an ass here but here is what happens.
You make yourself look like an ass first off. then it kinda insults the rest of us as well. In the world of weight lifting and fitness it is all about what everyone else sees. Sorry...... It is not what you see. You can lift 405 X NUMBER of times good for you. do you look like you can lift that. Or I would rather look like I can do that much vs saying I can do that. much.

There is a hand full of people on here that give us awesome videos to watch and that is awesome. We love seeing them keep it up. we know you guys are the real deal. It is the other ones that need to do some soul searching and consider this the call out post from yours truly.

From now on and I'm sorry. If I don't see a picture or a video when you put up a Personal Best. Then I'm sorry for this. I'm not going to believe it.

I put up everything I've done or my training partners stuff as well. At least the forum knows where they are at and they are being honest about it
glad you finally said something mac bc it has honestly gotten to the point where i wanna fly some of these ppl into birmingham on my dime and have them come to my gym so i can say "alright big boy, heres the weight, now you can show me better than you can tell me!"
(#7)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 08-07-2012, 11:52 AM

yep

(#8)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 08-07-2012, 12:15 PM

Man i was going to deadlift 800lbs for reps today!! Did i miss out on my free trip to Birmungham??

Haha! Just kiddin, i haven't noticed it but everyone knows, i myself usually post my proof on my youtube channel. I even fill special request. 100 rep leg press, 495 bench press, etc

Matter of fact yall go check out some of my vids and help me get my views up: www.youtube.com/user/emekaokammor

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#9)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 08-07-2012, 12:38 PM

I will simply add this.. a woman I once knew said talk is cheap action speak louder and any words.. Natural or UNNatural big numbers need proof...

and on a personal note. If someones getting a free ride to bama, ITS ME!!!!!

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#10)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 08-07-2012, 12:49 PM

You definately are not in that group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post
Man i was going to deadlift 800lbs for reps today!! Did i miss out on my free trip to Birmungham??

Haha! Just kiddin, i haven't noticed it but everyone knows, i myself usually post my proof on my youtube channel. I even fill special request. 100 rep leg press, 495 bench press, etc

Matter of fact yall go check out some of my vids and help me get my views up: www.youtube.com/user/emekaokammor

(#11)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 08-07-2012, 12:50 PM

come on down the price is right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed372 View Post
I will simply add this.. a woman I once knew said talk is cheap action speak louder and any words.. Natural or UNNatural big numbers need proof...

and on a personal note. If someones getting a free ride to bama, ITS ME!!!!!

(#12)
Old

Default 08-07-2012, 12:53 PM

i think the biggest problem with it is that it makes some people not even wanna do a log or post numbers bc they are honest with their numbers and they dont stack up to some of the fairytale numbers others are throwing around. like mac said im all for lifting heavy and if you can lift it then hell yea but we wanna see it
(#13)
Old

Default 08-07-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post

i would love to have you and your group come up and train at my place for a few days. i have a feeling there would be A LOT of soreness going around!
(#14)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 08-07-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
come on down the price is right

if your paying hell ill fly freight and be there tomorow in a big as ups box

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#15)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
bb12 has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Yahoo to bb12
Default 08-07-2012, 01:13 PM

I think you may have just inspired me to set new PR's!

All American EFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.
(#16)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 08-07-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfit24/7 View Post
i think the biggest problem with it is that it makes some people not even wanna do a log or post numbers bc they are honest with their numbers and they dont stack up to some of the fairytale numbers others are throwing around. like mac said im all for lifting heavy and if you can lift it then hell yea but we wanna see it
You are right about that! I can say I have never fudged numbers, reps, sets or anything...and I have never put up impressive #'s either. But it gets monotonous...so I'd rather blog anyways. Maybe if I ever juice and actually make significant progress and put up respectable #'s...then I might log. But I just do what this crusty old 43 yr old can do!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#17)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 08-07-2012, 02:26 PM

And that is what we are here for. You know it is funny about doing videos. People in the gym like to watch and often people scoff and someone doing videos but it is awesome to watch someone put their best out there and do their best. I don't care if it is a guy lifting 90 lbs on bench press if that is his best and the best he has done. I'm gonna make him feel good about it.

Us seeing the weight go up make each other work harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb12 View Post
I think you may have just inspired me to set new PR's!

(#18)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 08-07-2012, 02:26 PM

Yep..... your just a beast anyway you look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
You are right about that! I can say I have never fudged numbers, reps, sets or anything...and I have never put up impressive #'s either. But it gets monotonous...so I'd rather blog anyways. Maybe if I ever juice and actually make significant progress and put up respectable #'s...then I might log. But I just do what this crusty old 43 yr old can do!

(#19)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 08-07-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Yep..... your just a beast anyway you look at it.
Well thanks! Maybe a figurative beast in a small way and I'll take that just because of dedication...but not literally. But thank ya!

(#20)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 08-07-2012, 05:02 PM

I can understand where your coming from with this,me personally i don't see the point in lying on a forum. It might give the guy an ego boost while he's reading the congrats but soon as hes back at the gym it's back to reality. I would never put anything down that wasn't true,don't see the point. Ive been on vacation for a week and a bit and all hell breaks loose.

Controlled labs supps.