IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Teen Bodybuilding
Reload this Page Summer 2011 Workout Thread
Teen Bodybuilding Forum dedicated to teen bodybuilders. Get the foundation right and discuss issues related to young bodybuilders and how to get started the right way.

(#21)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 07-26-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Josh just make sure on your workouts that you don't limit yourself to a certain amount of reps unless you have plenty of weight to work with. IF and only IF you feel really worked over, do you stop in that rep range. There's nothing wrong with high reps with lower weight if you don't have enough. Now if the weight and rep range is leaving you feeling jelly legged, then carry on as you were.
Awesome post Rick. Good points! You can add some lunges in there also, either in place or side to side. Sumo squats, reverse lunge, and stiff leg deads are good DB exercises also.

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
Update
(#22)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default Update - 12-20-2011, 02:15 PM

I probably should start another thread or whatever but I don't know how long I'll be here again. I just wanted to update everyone on what has been going on.

First of all, I want to apologize to all of you for being so on and off when it comes to this forum and working out. When I get busy, it's the first thing I cut out of my schedule when I know it shouldn't be. You all have been so great is guiding me and giving me advice on what I need to improve on. I honestly enjoyed working out but I think what got in the way was my diet and not having enough of what I needed in it. I know I need to work out but I just need to find something that works for me. I had some minor setbacks as well. I still don't understand why I can't do a decline bench press.

My plan for right now it wait until the New Year to take a break from life. I'm taking a semester off of college in the Spring to figure out my life. During that time, I'd like to give P90X a try and see if that would work out better for me. Hopefully that'll help me get a good base to do something more if I wanted to.

Thanks again for all your help. It's always good to see new members on the forum. :) Hopefully I'll be around a while.

Do work!
(#23)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 12-20-2011, 04:07 PM

Welcome back big homie! Pray all is well...

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#24)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 12-20-2011, 04:31 PM

Just keep your priorities straight Josh! Good to see you on here and hope things go smooth for you!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#25)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 12-20-2011, 05:46 PM

If you haven't already spent money on p90x stuff, check out tabata training. My girlfriend showed me it over the weekend and it's some serious stuff.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#26)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 12-21-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
If you haven't already spent money on p90x stuff, check out tabata training. My girlfriend showed me it over the weekend and it's some serious stuff.
I'll have to look into that as well. Thanks for the tip!

Do work!
(#27)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 12-25-2011, 09:59 PM

Best Part of Christmas: My brother getting P90X so I don't have to spend $150 of my own money on it! We're doing to do it at the same time so hopefully that will work well. It'll free me up to buy some Whey Protein.

I'm looking forward to starting the program. As my brother was looking through the diet plan, it calls for a lot of fish. Personally, I don't care for fish. Tuna is about all that I eat when it comes to fish and seafood. I know I'm going to need the most help when it comes to the diet side of things. That's where hopefully you guys come in. I'll start another log, when I start P90X, when the new year hits.

Do work!
(#28)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 12-26-2011, 01:41 PM

Season the hell out of it (spicy) takes the fishy taste out of it..Cajun style..Watch the sodium in the ingredients though...Kill it brother

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#29)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 12-26-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearnonebutOne View Post
Season the hell out of it (spicy) takes the fishy taste out of it..Cajun style..Watch the sodium in the ingredients though...Kill it brother
Thanks man!

Do work!
(#30)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 12-26-2011, 02:37 PM

No prob...

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"