IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Teen Bodybuilding
Reload this Page College Workout Log
Teen Bodybuilding Forum dedicated to teen bodybuilders. Get the foundation right and discuss issues related to young bodybuilders and how to get started the right way.

College Workout Log
(#1)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default College Workout Log - 10-18-2010, 01:07 PM

I'm starting a new log. Hopefully I'll get my butt motivated to workout again. I'm home for a long weekend so I'm going to start back up.

I think the two biggest things that have hindered me from not working out at college is that I'm a double major and haven't found a way to incorporate my workout into my daily schedule. I'd love to workout in the mornings but I don't think that's going to work with my schedule. I need to sit down today and figure out when I have time to workout and plan it into my schedule so I will do it. Also, college is no place for good, healthy food. I need to do better on the diet front because I've got into the habit of eating bad there. I just need to do better on that because I have done better than that in the past.

Keep me accountable to this log. I need to and want to workout but sometimes I just don't have the motivation to do it. I truly miss working out and I know that I've gained some weight from eating at college. Thanks!

Do work!
(#2)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 10-18-2010, 03:58 PM

Just hit it when you can Josh! School should be priority. It's really just a small window of time in the big picture, but manage your schedule the best you can and hit it when there's an open time slot.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#3)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 10-25-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Just hit it when you can Josh! School should be priority. It's really just a small window of time in the big picture, but manage your schedule the best you can and hit it when there's an open time slot.
Thanks for the encouragement Rick!

Do work!
(#4)
Old
aka J "PR" Wood
Anabolic Addiction
jwood819 has a spectacular aura about

Default 10-25-2010, 06:44 PM

good luck man, and definitely just work out when you can. One thing I did in college when I was really busy like finals week. I would take study breaks and just do push ups and situps. I also brought my sandbag with me, so I could hit a quick workout, just to maintain my strength.
(#5)
Old
AA EFX
rippednmichigan is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-25-2010, 06:59 PM

Looking forward to the log bro.
(#6)
Old
AA EFX
- B-RAD -
brad1224 is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-25-2010, 07:38 PM

im in the same position as you...well a few years into college, but if lifting is a main part in your lift you can make time. Get your school work done then go hit the gym. you will find a groove where you can get your lifts in then do your work...might be in between classes, but you can do it

good luck

Obsession is what weaklings call the dedicated, do or die, never give up, if you are not 110 into bodybuilding get the fuck out now, rip it off the floor and lift, IF THE BAR AINT BENDING YOUR JUST PRETENDING!

AAEFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
(#7)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Gerbilo is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Gerbilo
Default 10-26-2010, 11:49 AM

When I was away at school I saved my lifting for when I got done with class, helped with the stress of the day. Good Luck man.
(#8)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 10-26-2010, 01:18 PM

those late night cardio sessions will come i handy.

Controlled labs supps.
(#9)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 10-26-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood819 View Post
good luck man, and definitely just work out when you can. One thing I did in college when I was really busy like finals week. I would take study breaks and just do push ups and situps. I also brought my sandbag with me, so I could hit a quick workout, just to maintain my strength.
Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Do work!
Update (December 26, 2010)
(#10)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default Update (December 26, 2010) - 12-26-2010, 06:17 PM

It's been a while since I've updated what I've been doing workout wise. Yesterday I had another dose of self-determination and bettering myself. I usually have these periodically where I realize I need to better myself and stop just coasting through life.

Currently I'm playing DDR for my cardio and not doing anything with weights. I've cut out all sugar from my diet. I'll do that until I go back to college January 2nd.
What I'd love to do is find a workout that I could do in my dorm that uses your own body weight in the exercises. If anyone has one or knows of one, feel free to post something. That's where I'm at right now.
I might have time to go to the gym at college in January because I know I'll have time then but when Spring Semester starts, I know I won't have time. Just trying to find the best solution for a busy double major college student.

Do work!
(#11)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-12-2011, 09:55 PM

I think I found a workout that I will be able to do and that fits my busy schedule. I know it's not weights but as Mac has said previously, we do what works for us. Sure, others might have other ways of working out but we all need to do what is best for us individually. In my mind too, doing something is better than doing nothing.

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/bo...ht-exercises-2

Feel free to ask questions and/or give feedback. Thanks guys too for all your help and encouragement in the past!

I'm going to start this on Monday.

Do work!
(#12)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 01-13-2011, 10:28 AM

Good luck j1r, you've got alot of support here !
(#13)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-14-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post
Good luck j1r, you've got alot of support here !
Thanks for the encouragement Papaw!

Do work!
(#14)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 01-15-2011, 09:02 AM

Exercise bands can help you with exercising without weights. They are very reasonable too. But there are a lot of bodyweight exercises as well. Youtube has some good ideas on there.

You have to get through the pre-fluff here:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt-tQC5x4RA"]YouTube - Killer Bodyweight Workout: Chest, Quads, and Glutes[/ame]

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#15)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 01-15-2011, 06:45 PM

Very interesting, looks like good stuff.
READY TO BRING IT!
(#16)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default READY TO BRING IT! - 03-26-2011, 04:31 PM

I haven't worked out since coming to college but I'll finally be starting back up on Tuesday. A friend and I will start working out together. It'll give me the support and commitment that I need. I'm looking forward to it.

It just came down to the point where I need to do this for myself and if I'm going to get a boyfriend, I need to keep current with my workouts. (Yes, I'm gay.) I'm sorry if that offends anyone on here. I didn't choose to be gay. This is just who I am. Don't worry about anything because I'm not going to do anything to anyone. I'm just telling you all to be honest with you. If you don't like me because I'm gay, I understand. You don't have to talk to me or give me workout advice/encouragement. Everyone takes a gay guy differently. If anyone wants to further talk to me, feel free to leave me a private message and I'll get back to you.

Rick & Mac: Any advice on what workout I should do now? Should I still use the one I was doing or make a new one? I have access to a gym now so I have more available to me.

Do work!
(#17)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-26-2011, 05:51 PM

How many days do you want to work out. 4 or 5

I would suggest we stick to the basics if I were you and also add in cardio to your regiment. Having a workout partners it will be easier for both of you to encourage each other.

I would go with 5 days a week if I were you and do this. Most all your movements will be 3 working sets but I would do at least one warm up set per exercise

Monday Legs ( Just get them over with early on )
make sure you are properly warmed up by either doing a stationary for about 10 -15 minutes this will get your legs plenty warmed up and do some light stretching

1. Squats
  2. Leg Extensions
  3. Leg Curls
  4. Calf Raises

Tuesday Chest ( Again warming up is essential to keeping from having injuries so do some light cardio before whatever you want just anything that will get a light sweat going. )
  1. Bench Press
  2. Incling Press
  3. Dumbbell Fly
  4. Cable Cross Overs

Wednesday Back
light warm up
  1. Lat pull downs
  2. Seated Row
  3. Barbell Rows
  4. Deadlifts
[/LIST]
Thursday Shoulders
  1. Military press seated or Standing
  2. Lateral Raises
  3. Rear Lateral Raises
  4. Barbell Shrugs

Firday Biceps and Triceps
  1. Barbell curls
  2. One arm Preacher Curls
  3. Concentration curls
  4. Close grip Bench Press
  5. Lying French Press
  6. Tricep Extensions

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#18)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 03-26-2011, 09:38 PM

I'm used to a 5 day workout week and that's what I was planning on doing. Our schedules conflict so we don't workout together on Monday but it'll be great doing legs by myself. I would have to say leg day is my favorite day so far. It's tough but I enjoy it.

Thanks Mac for taking the time to do this. Everything is very detailed and easy to follow. Thanks!

Do work!
(#19)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Gerbilo is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Gerbilo
Default 03-28-2011, 06:08 PM

Glad to see you are going to be starting back up. A friend to go workout with helps a ton in the world of college, aka distraction central. Go get 'em!
(#20)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 03-28-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbilo View Post
Glad to see you are going to be starting back up. A friend to go workout with helps a ton in the world of college, aka distraction central. Go get 'em!
Thanks man!

Do work!