IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Teen Bodybuilding
Reload this Page Young Athlete Training
Teen Bodybuilding Forum dedicated to teen bodybuilders. Get the foundation right and discuss issues related to young bodybuilders and how to get started the right way.

Young Athlete Training
(#1)
Old
aka J "PR" Wood
Anabolic Addiction
jwood819 has a spectacular aura about

Default Young Athlete Training - 10-02-2010, 01:49 PM

Hey guys,
I have been presented with a unique opportunity. My neighbor would like me to help out there sports teams by getting these kids into a training program for their off seasons. I wanted to know if guys have any good information I should know about training these kids. They are all 10-12 years of age.

I have a basic idea of what I want to do with the athletes, but I thought I would throw it up here anyways.

Thanks guys!
(#2)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 10-02-2010, 03:15 PM

thats great.good luck with that.teach them early itll be worth it.

Controlled labs supps.
(#3)
Old
aka J "PR" Wood
Anabolic Addiction

Default 10-02-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recarp82 View Post
thats great.good luck with that.teach them early itll be worth it.
my thoughts exactly, I want these kids to learn the basics of weight training and athletic training so they can avoid making the mistakes that most young trainees do.
(#4)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 10-02-2010, 09:34 PM

id probably just shoot them some basic lifting. let them go nuts on bodyweight movements
(#5)
Old
aka J "PR" Wood
Anabolic Addiction

Default 10-02-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
id probably just shoot them some basic lifting. let them go nuts on bodyweight movements
thats pretty much the plan

Also, a lot of agility drills and speed work
(#6)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 10-02-2010, 10:25 PM

^^^ Ditto Kris. Right now it's best imo to stick to bodyweight as to not chance (even though I don't think it's super likely) messing with their growth plates. Speed + agility training and body weight movements at this age is good imo.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#7)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 10-03-2010, 06:33 AM

^^ive read stuff on both sides of the fence on weight lifting before they hit puberty.its to hard to tell whats what.but the body weight and speed agility sounds pretty good.

Controlled labs supps.
(#8)
Old
aka J "PR" Wood
Anabolic Addiction

Default 10-03-2010, 11:10 AM

I honestly think all they need is body weight stuff, they can build a great base of strength with just push ups, pull ups, dips, and other body weight stuff.

Then once they master that stuff and are a little older, they can start lifting and they will already be ahead of most kids that never focused on building muscle with body weight stuff.
(#9)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 10-03-2010, 01:36 PM

Good opportunity . Let it rip

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#10)
Old
dillanmac3 is on a distinguished road

Default 10-03-2010, 05:59 PM

Thats great man, from my point of view you would be a great role model for these kids. When I was wrestling we all would look up to our coach who was really buff, and we would always be asking him how to get ripped. Although he was kinda a dick, but still cool at the same time, I think that was key, being able to push us and be a total ass, but still be cool. Good Luck!
(#11)
Old
M.T. Neal has a spectacular aura about

Default 10-04-2010, 06:39 PM

If you have access to take them to a gym, I would occasionally and would show them proper form and explain the need to keeping good form, kids soak up everything and even if you don't do much gym work with them, the knowledge would be there somewhere. Also, I would look into some strongman training, lots of those exercises are great for endurance and strength. If nothing more than pushing / pulling a sled. Body weight exercises are great though. Plyometrics also. I think strength training is great for kids, I wouldn't push a kid to max out very often, I think it could be bad for them but working out with reps over 5 and mostly in the 8 - 12 range would be great. Just an opinion though.
(#12)
Old
aka J "PR" Wood
Anabolic Addiction

Default 10-04-2010, 09:32 PM

thanks guys, I appreciate all the feedback I have gotten and you guys have given me some great ideas to work with. I will keep you guys updated on how this goes when I get everything figured out and get a schedule
(#13)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 10-05-2010, 03:59 AM

lol when i was wrestling my coach was old as dirt but he could run forever.the assistant coach was a beast though.

Controlled labs supps.
(#14)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
bb12 has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Yahoo to bb12
Default 10-05-2010, 06:01 AM

I would stress the importance that eating healthy will also play a major role on how.they perform.

There are way to many overweight kids out there these days.

Enforce, to keep it fun and enjoy their sport....that hard work off the field will also allow them to excell on the field

All American EFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.
(#15)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
bb12 has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Yahoo to bb12
Default 10-05-2010, 06:01 AM

I would stress the importance that eating healthy will also play a major role on how.they perform.

Enforce, to keep it fun and enjoy their sport....that hard work off the field will also allow them to excell on the field

All American EFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.
(#16)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Gerbilo is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Gerbilo
Default 10-05-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb12 View Post

I think that is a great idea. I know kids get the whole healthy eating thing in school but if they don't see what they can apply it to and direct benefit of it I don't think they really care.
(#17)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 10-09-2010, 04:42 PM

Good luck jwood! Keep us updated on how it's going.

Do work!
(#18)
Old
steve.marshal01 is on a distinguished road

Default 10-25-2013, 03:45 AM

Though I may not be a professional athlete or a professional body builder, I will try my best to answer question.

As you already know, athletes obtain their physique through training. Most people are not born with any of them, and goes through hard training in order to reach their own goals. Following are the steps fwith these anyone become a good athlete indeed.

- Cardio minimum 20 minutes, preferably 40-60 minutes a day. 5 days a week. If you feel like you can handle it, increasing to 6, or 7 days in a week is okay, but try not to go below 5 days a week.

- Come up with a diet plan. This does not mean starving, or not eating. A nutritional diet plan that assists you in the cardio exercise, and are able to lose body fat in the process. Generally speaking, eat high protein, low carb.

- Weight training is not required at the time, but it is always okay to work on your core muscles to get ready for the weight training.

Tips:
In any training, if you can go over 12 to 15 reps in a set, then you're not training properly, or not training efficiently, unless you are simply going for the maximum rep rather than training.

PS:
If you wish for further assistance, plz visit this following website.

Posting your website in your signature is not allowed on this website. ADMIN...... RoaringMad Mac
(#19)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 10-25-2013, 09:18 AM

Yeah...... There is a lot of information you have here that is very contradictory to Young Athletes training. Where is is best for any athlete to not start training at the age of 15 at least to start getting bone structure grow. Resistance training does this. Yeah it may not be required but you can't generalize like that and tell someone who might want to lift weight that they can't .

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#20)
Old
c0yled0tc0m is on a distinguished road

Default 10-25-2013, 01:10 PM

Well I agree with Mac, and everyone is posting on super old threads. At that age the persons metabolism is probably through the roof any ( I know mine was then ) and goig low carb at that age is not a good idea.

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was your body. Get outta your head about it and just show up!"-Tony Horton