IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Teen Bodybuilding
Reload this Page j1r's Diet & Workout Log
Teen Bodybuilding Forum dedicated to teen bodybuilders. Get the foundation right and discuss issues related to young bodybuilders and how to get started the right way.

(#21)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 06-03-2010, 02:16 PM

Thanks for the advice onetiredkris. I'll do that.
I'm taking a day off of working out.
(#22)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-04-2010, 04:40 PM

Today has been going well. I've been following what onetiredkris has said and I'm starting to feel better. I'm still sore so I'm going to take another day off of working out. I hate to do it but my body needs it. I feel like an old man because I'm so sore that I can't move as fast as I usually do. I don't have my diet log for yesterday because I felt sick so I stopped doing it. I'll have my diet log for today up tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to work out again. Thank again onetiredkris for your help and advice!
(#23)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-05-2010, 11:32 AM

I'm still a bit sore today so I'm going to wait until dinner to see if my body is ready to start working out again.

Onetiredkris,
Thank you so much for your advice! It helped out so much! I got some protein in me and started rebuilding the muscle that I had ripped. I feel so much better.

Friday June 4, 2010 - Diet
Breakfast
Protein Shake (mixed with water)
Lunch
Tuna Fish with Mayo, Chopped Celery, and American Cheese
Dinner
Sub - Wheat Bun, Pepperoni, American Cheese, Ham, and Turkey
Snack
(#24)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 06-05-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1r!!! View Post

Friday June 4, 2010 - Diet
Breakfast
Protein Shake (mixed with water) (you at least need some carbs here...like oatmeal...can be added to your protein shake)
Lunch
Tuna Fish with Mayo, Chopped Celery, and American Cheese (drop the mayo and go with mustard...too much fat in mayo. Also, processed cheese imo is worse than say cheddar. But I don't eat cheese more than once a week if that.
Dinner
Sub - Wheat Bun, Pepperoni, American Cheese, Ham, and Turkey cheese again And ham isn't the leanest protein either...but turkey is pretty good
Snack
[/FONT]
You have improved imo, but you still lack some changes. You need to get some healthy fats in you, but all you are getting basically are bad sources of fat. Also, some complex carbs (in small portions) with each meal will help.
(#25)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-06-2010, 08:22 PM

Thanks Rick for your feedback. You and Onetiredkris have been amazing at helping me with my diet! Thank you guys so much!

Is Instant Oatmeal okay or does it have to be the real thing?

I'll drop the mayo, cheese, and ham. Thank you.

What would you recommend for healthy fats and complex carbs? The best thing to do is just give me a couple of options on what I should eat and I'll do it. I'm really dedicated and driven now to working out so I'm here to do anything you say if it'll help me to get a better body.

Thanks again Rick.
(#26)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-06-2010, 08:32 PM

Saturday June 5th, 2010 - Diet
Breakfast
Scrambled Eggs with American Cheese
Lunch
Tuna with Light Mayo, Celery, and American Cheese on Wheat Sub Bread
Frosted Mini Wheats with 2% milk
Dinner
Whole Grain Tortilla with Ground Beef and Cheese
Taco Salad - Ground Beef, Cheese, and Lettuce
Snack
Peanuts

Okay so now I know about the cheese and the mayo. Before I started working out, all I would eat is diary products like cheese, milk and yogurt. I need to learn to not do that.

Was my dinner okay except for the cheese? Would beans be good to add to that?

I'm back to working out again tonight. I'm finally not sore so I'm going to workout. I'm glad a new week's coming up. I had to get past the soreness of restarting working out and now I'll be able to be full go on my workouts and diet.
(#27)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 06-06-2010, 08:45 PM

Dinner was okay, but that said ground beef isn't the greatest unless it's a lean ground beef OR you can brown the meat and then rinse it with water right after it comes out of the pan into a colander like this:
(#28)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 06-07-2010, 07:56 AM

KRIS HAS HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.
IT'S LIKE I TOLD MY SON, YOUR TRYING TO FUEL A ROCKET ON ON REGULAR GAS. YOU HAVE TO EAT RIGHT IF YOU WANT TO GROW. HE TOOK IT TO HEART AND NOW HE'S ALOT THICKER AND CAN BENCH 315, DEADLIFT 400, ETC...
JUST LISTEN TO THESE GUYS AND DO WHAT THEY ADVISE. I LISTENED TO EM ABOUT MY DIET AND I LOST FROM 206 TO 192. I AM TRYING TO TRIM SO I CAN (I THINK THE TERM IS "CUT").
KRIS IS RIGHT ABOUT THE HOT DOGS.
YOU CAN DO IT, I GOT CONFIDENCE IN YOU !!
(#29)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-07-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Dinner was okay, but that said ground beef isn't the greatest unless it's a lean ground beef OR you can brown the meat and then rinse it with water right after it comes out of the pan into a colander like this:
Thanks for the advice Rick!
(#30)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-07-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post
KRIS HAS HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.
IT'S LIKE I TOLD MY SON, YOUR TRYING TO FUEL A ROCKET ON ON REGULAR GAS. YOU HAVE TO EAT RIGHT IF YOU WANT TO GROW. HE TOOK IT TO HEART AND NOW HE'S ALOT THICKER AND CAN BENCH 315, DEADLIFT 400, ETC...
JUST LISTEN TO THESE GUYS AND DO WHAT THEY ADVISE. I LISTENED TO EM ABOUT MY DIET AND I LOST FROM 206 TO 192. I AM TRYING TO TRIM SO I CAN (I THINK THE TERM IS "CUT").
KRIS IS RIGHT ABOUT THE HOT DOGS.
YOU CAN DO IT, I GOT CONFIDENCE IN YOU !!
Thanks Papaw for the advice and encouragement!
(#31)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-07-2010, 03:07 PM

Sunday June 6th, 2010 - Diet
Breakfast
Protein shake (mixed with water)
Lunch
Tuna Fish Sandwich - Wheat Bread, Light Mayo, Chopped Celery, American Cheese
Cucumber
Chicken Parmesan - Chicken breast, Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese
Peas
Dinner
Meatball Sub with Cheese on Wheat Bread

I know about cutting out the cheese and mayo. I tried the tuna fish with honey mustard today and didn't like it. Is there another substitute? Is it still okay if I use light mayo or should I just eat the tuna fish plain?

Sunday June 6, 2010 - Workout
Back
Wide Row - 3 x 15
Kneeling One Arm Row - 4 x 15
One Arm Row - 4 x 15
Stiffed Leg Dead Lift - 3 x 15
Bend To Opposite Foot 3 x 15
* 15 pound dumbbells; 10 seconds rest between sets *

My workout wasn't that great as it was really late at night and I was tired. I didn't know the proper form for a dead lift. I need to research that. It was one of my worse workouts because I didn't feel like I knew what I was doing at all.
(#32)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 06-07-2010, 03:49 PM

Light Mayo is okay...but not great. A step in the right direction. It's my opinion though you still aren't kick-starting your day as good as you could if you'll have a more complete meal. Any chance to get a couple eggs and a slice of toast in there?
(#33)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-07-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Light Mayo is okay...but not great. A step in the right direction. It's my opinion though you still aren't kick-starting your day as good as you could if you'll have a more complete meal. Any chance to get a couple eggs and a slice of toast in there?
I can do that. Cook up some eggs and put it on toast. I was also wondering if instant oatmeal was okay for breakfast. I didn't want to add it to my diet if it wasn't something that I should have.
(#34)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 06-07-2010, 04:07 PM

Good call again Kris.

Hey I'm not the best when eating and dieting but you have to put most of them together to get it right. work on what Kris suggested and you will notice a big difference.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#35)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 06-07-2010, 04:31 PM

HEY j1r LOOK FOR THE FLAT PACKAGES OF TUNA. THEY ARE CALLED TUNA CREATIONS. THEY COME IN DIFFERENT FLAVORS. SMOKED IS MY FAVORITE.
I KNOW HOW HARD THE DIET THING CAN BE I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF ONE RIGHT NOW.
THE CHEEZE THING, IF YOU DON'T GRAB THE CHEEZE YOU WON'T EAT IT. JUST TELL YOURSELF I CAN'T HAVE THAT.
IT'S REALLY DIFFICULT SOMETIMES, BUT YOU CAN DO IT.
(#36)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-07-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post
HEY j1r LOOK FOR THE FLAT PACKAGES OF TUNA. THEY ARE CALLED TUNA CREATIONS. THEY COME IN DIFFERENT FLAVORS. SMOKED IS MY FAVORITE.
I KNOW HOW HARD THE DIET THING CAN BE I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF ONE RIGHT NOW.
THE CHEEZE THING, IF YOU DON'T GRAB THE CHEEZE YOU WON'T EAT IT. JUST TELL YOURSELF I CAN'T HAVE THAT.
IT'S REALLY DIFFICULT SOMETIMES, BUT YOU CAN DO IT.
I'll try looking for those and see what I find.

The problem isn't the fact that I'm not determined and dedicated to my diet. I am and will do next to nothing to eat what I need to for my diet. (I will not eat honey mustard with tuna because it's just gross.) It's the fact that you're logging a day behind where you are currently in your diet. So sometimes I'll already know that I need to change something in my diet before I post my diet for the previous day.

In your diet, do you use regular oatmeal or instant?
(#37)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-08-2010, 01:18 PM

Monday June 7th - Diet
Breakfast
Lunch
Tuna Sandwich - Honey Mustard, Celery, Tuna, Wheat Bread
Dinner
3 Egg Sandwiches - Eggs on Toasted Wheat Bread

To better my diet, today I added instant oatmeal to my breakfast.

Rick, did you want me to have both eggs & toast with oatmeal and my protein shake or my protein shake with just eggs & toast?

This week I started a new workout routine by which day I would do what muscle group. Here's what I've got:

Monday - Abs
Tuesday - Forearms
Wednesday - Biceps/Triceps
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Back
Saturday - Shoulders
Sunday - Chest

I didn't work out my abs last night because I fell asleep. I'm going to be more dedicated to working out out earlier in the evening before I'm tired.

I'd like to really concentrate on my workouts after we get my diet all figured out. I have some questions about that.
(#38)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 06-08-2010, 10:27 PM

-If you dont like honey mustard then dont use it. I like using either nonfat mayo or organic salsa.

-You can use instant oats if you want, just look at the nutrition facts and make sure they didnt add sugar to it.

-The eggs and oats are WAYY more important than some protien shake.

-Whats with THREE sandwiches for dinner?? did you really need to eat 150 grams of carbs before you went to sleep? thats not good man, stick to two slices of bread MAX
(#39)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-09-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
-If you dont like honey mustard then dont use it. I like using either nonfat mayo or organic salsa.

-You can use instant oats if you want, just look at the nutrition facts and make sure they didnt add sugar to it.

-The eggs and oats are WAYY more important than some protien shake.

-Whats with THREE sandwiches for dinner?? did you really need to eat 150 grams of carbs before you went to sleep? thats not good man, stick to two slices of bread MAX
Thanks for the advice onetiredkris!

I'll continue using the light mayo then.

I'll have to check on the instant oatmeal. It probably did have extra sugar added. I'll have to change it up if it does.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to add both the eggs & toast and the instant oatmeal for breakfast.

I'm sorry about the dinner. I didn't know. Dinner has been a hard one for me. I need to find lean cut of meat and just use those.
(#40)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-09-2010, 02:44 PM

Tuesday June 8th
Breakfast
Cinnamon Swirl Instant Oatmeal
Lunch
Tuna Fish Sandwich - Wheat Bread, Tuna Fish, Light Mayo
Dinner
Pepperoni
Honey Roasted Peanuts

I need to do better on my diet and workout. I didn't workout again yesterday for forearms because I fell asleep. I'm going to dominate my workout today! Hopefully I can go to the store today and stock up on some good food.