IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Powerlifting & Strength
Reload this Page Arnold Classic
Powerlifting & Strength The strongest of the strong discussing strength techniques and powerlifting tips. If you want strength over size, this forum is for you.

(#21)
Old
M.T. Neal has a spectacular aura about

Default 02-26-2010, 07:41 PM

Just joined up on this site. Finished my last workout on Wednesday before the Arnold. Nothing great but we'll see how it all comes out next weekend. Looking forward to the Arnold and hoping for good numbers in the raw meet.
(#22)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 02-26-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.T. Neal View Post
Just joined up on this site. Finished my last workout on Wednesday before the Arnold. Nothing great but we'll see how it all comes out next weekend. Looking forward to the Arnold and hoping for good numbers in the raw meet.
Welcome aboard! Good to have you here! What are your stats? Age, weight, height, big lifts?
(#23)
Old

Default 02-26-2010, 09:39 PM

41 years old 350 lbs

Best lifts:

Single ply: Squat 837, Bench 675 (700 in gym), Deadlift 700
Raw: Squat 760 with USAPL, Squat 800 in knee wraps, Bench 570, Deadlift 700

Current numbers are a little off, Best lifts raw getting ready for this meet are: squat 660, Bench 525, Deadlift 640. I usually do better in competition, I hope that works out this time also.

I'm the guy in the picture kickboy put up.
(#24)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 02-26-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
41 years old 350 lbs

Best lifts:

Current numbers are a little off, Best lifts raw getting ready for this meet are: squat 660, Bench 525, Deadlift 640. I usually do better in competition, I hope that works out this time also.

OOOOH! Ok! You ARE a beast! Glad you joined us and best of luck!!!
(#25)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 02-27-2010, 02:43 AM

Quote:
41 years old 350 lbs

Best lifts:

Alright! welcome to the board.
Your throwing around some huge weight, how long have you been powerlifting? What lifting program do you follow?

Enjoy the Arnold, I really want to go check it out but I dont have the schedule for long trips right now.
(#26)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 02-27-2010, 05:25 AM

Big Neal Bring it home to NC Brother. I hope to catch you at the gym before the meet.
Super thanks for joining the forum. My son missed school all week and Alyssa had to fly out to Fla yesterday her Grandma is 89 and very ill. So I'm home with JR who is feeling sick.

1900 plus Mike you can do it!!!!!!

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#27)
Old
ashley willcox has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via MSN to ashley willcox
Default 02-27-2010, 06:40 AM

welcome to IPYU and good luck

2010 is my year
we are what we pratice
prime
week one
week two
blast
week one
week two
(#28)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 02-27-2010, 07:12 AM

welcome and good luck with the lifts.numbers look great.

Controlled labs supps.
(#29)
Old

Default 02-27-2010, 09:38 PM

Thanks everyone.

I don't have any regular training program. I do a variety of things. I like heavy negatives on the bench as I get close to a meet, I also do speed work with or without bands, I like heavy close grip benching. I do rack work on the deadlift, I use reverse banch deadlifts for speed and regular competition deadlifts every two or three weeks. Nothing special on squats, just listen to how my body feels. I love pause squats.
(#30)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 02-27-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks everyone.

I don't have any regular training program. I do a variety of things. I like heavy negatives on the bench as I get close to a meet, I also do speed work with or without bands, I like heavy close grip benching. I do rack work on the deadlift, I use reverse banch deadlifts for speed and regular competition deadlifts every two or three weeks. Nothing special on squats, just listen to how my body feels. I love pause squats.
Good stuff! I know you have a lot on your plate right now (mentally), but when the dust settles, let us know how everything went and we hope you'll continue to hang out with us and share some of your knowledge! Maybe even get a lil' weinie man like me to grow some more
(#31)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Default 02-28-2010, 11:59 PM

Sounds good. Best of luck to you at the Arnold.
(#32)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 03-01-2010, 09:09 PM

Good luck!
(#33)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 03-04-2010, 06:02 AM

Big Mike left NC yesterday headed to the Arnold, the raw meet is Friday morning. I wish you the best Mike and will talt to you next week. Safe trip Brother and enjoy the meet I know you will do well.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#34)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-04-2010, 09:46 AM

Good luck to him!!!
(#35)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 03-05-2010, 07:46 PM

I just got a text MT Neal forum member wins the 2010 Arnold Classic Raw Powerlifting meet in the Heavy Weight Division. This makes Mike a 2 time Arnold Classic raw powerlifting Heavy Weight Champ !!!!1WAY TO GO MIKE!!!
I don't know any numbers yet.

Get the Man a T-Shirt and make it BIG!!!!

(#36)
Old
ashley willcox has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via MSN to ashley willcox
Default 03-05-2010, 07:50 PM

congrats mike

2010 is my year
we are what we pratice
prime
week one
week two
blast
week one
week two
(#37)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-05-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboy View Post
I just got a text MT Neal forum member wins the 2010 Arnold Classic Raw Powerlifting meet in the Heavy Weight Division. This makes Mike a 2 time Arnold Classic raw powerlifting Heavy Weight Champ !!!!1WAY TO GO MIKE!!!
I don't know any numbers yet.

Get the Man a T-Shirt and make it BIG!!!!
OH HEYAAAAALLL YEAH!!!!! CONGRATS BIG MIKE!
(#38)
Old
...has GOT Strong!

Anabolic Addiction
getstrong is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-06-2010, 12:37 AM

Hey Bro, I think Big Neal Bnched 529, dlf 650, squated 683. Way to go Big Neal!!
(#39)
Old
The Riot!

Default 03-06-2010, 12:48 AM

Major congratulations to Mr.Neal. Must feel amazing to go to such a major event and leave knowing you came out the best!!! You are the man
(#40)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 03-06-2010, 12:32 PM

an army buddy of mine is there,hes running the rock wall or something.he said sly stallone came in and talked to him for awhile ad he was real cool.his name is brian saul.

Controlled labs supps.