IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Powerlifting & Strength
Reload this Page Arnold Classic
Powerlifting & Strength The strongest of the strong discussing strength techniques and powerlifting tips. If you want strength over size, this forum is for you.

Arnold Classic
(#1)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default Arnold Classic - 02-09-2010, 11:37 AM

Some of you may remember me posting a picture of a friend on squat day.

http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/photoplog/index.php?n=93

Well Mike is going to the Arnold this year to compete in PL. He did 1960lbs (raw) for squat dead and bench 2 years ago and I think he won it, Heavy weight division that is. Mike feels he is not in top form but feels 1900 will win it and that is his goal. He plans to drive out this year and depending on my schedule I want to ask if I can ride along and split rooms and gas. He flew out last time but said they were giving so much stuff away that you needed a truck to bring the stuff home.
Mike is fresh off a big win in VA and he hit 680 on squat this morning (raw). He finished with some 5's @540 which looked real strong. Every time I watch him lift I realize I know nothing about power lifting. I'll try to get some video of his training up to the classic and if I get to go I'll take some pictures.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.

Last edited by RickB; 03-05-2010 at 08:08 PM.
(#2)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 02-09-2010, 11:47 AM

awesome. I wish I could go.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#3)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 02-09-2010, 01:37 PM

I REMEMBER THAT BEAST!!
i think i stared at his quads for an hour or so.

Ware is the 'classic at?
(#4)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 02-09-2010, 05:04 PM

Columbus Oh
http://www.arnoldsportsfestival.com/

The more I think about it the more I want to go, some vendors give gym bags away and you can fill them with samples every day. Mike said it was like if you were willing to carry it they were giving it away.
I have never seen a big show and this one has so much.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#5)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 02-09-2010, 05:09 PM

im contemplateing going. its like 5 weeks away isn't it?

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#6)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 02-09-2010, 05:36 PM

The guy looks like a tree trunk! Best of luck to him!!!

(#7)
Old
wsuguy28 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to wsuguy28
Default 02-16-2010, 12:50 PM

I'll be there
(#8)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 02-16-2010, 01:48 PM

15 days and counting. March 5,6,and 7 Fed.

wsuguy hope to see you there. I'm not sure I'm going but Big Mike is getting ready. Another friend from the gym plans to go too. I am sure hoping to make it.

Last edited by kickboy; 02-16-2010 at 03:51 PM.
(#9)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 02-16-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsuguy28 View Post
I'll be there
Dude! Where ya been? Good to see you stop in!
(#10)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 02-17-2010, 09:20 AM

If you scroll down to SHW for Heavy Weight results You will see Mike Neal with a total of 1962 raw total. Thease are the results of Mike's juorney to the 2008 Arnold which BTW he never told me. I mean I see this guy at the gym all the time and never knew he did this compitition. Mike was in Nursing School at the time working full time as a prison guard and raising 2 kids with his wife.
I wish Big Mike the best and will try to post some of his training as we run into each other at the gym.

To add Mike's father was a state Champ lifter and had one of the first gyms in the area in the late 60's and early 70's.
Arnold results
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/7453

(#11)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 02-17-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
The guy looks like a tree trunk! Best of luck to him!!!

I'll get a picture of us standing side by side so you can compare him to a 5'9'' 180 pounder. It's like a small child and a grown up LOL

I think I should say that along with Getstrong that Mike has helped me with my lifting more than anyone else. His squat advice lead me to tape this video several months ago.
http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/showthread.php?t=12537

and then this one
http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/showthread.php?t=13050

(#12)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 02-18-2010, 09:28 AM

I talked with Mike at the gym this am when I was doing my cardio. He plans to deadlift tomorrow and I will try to tape it. I should have rolled the video this morning as it was like an interview. He gave me his plans for the contest. Based on the people who plan to attend Mike thinks 1900 will win the raw compitition in the heavy weight division, and that is his goal although he is doing better in the gym right now than he was in 2008 when he hit 1962 for a three lift total and won the event. He is just hoping there is prize money involved this year to help offset the cost of the trip. There was last year but there has been no talk of prizes just yet.

(#13)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 02-18-2010, 09:33 AM

Cool Kick! I hope you get it and if he doesn't mind you asking the same questions over, that would be awesome on tape too!
(#14)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 02-18-2010, 09:43 AM

I'll try to get it

(#15)
Old
wsuguy28 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to wsuguy28
Default 02-22-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Dude! Where ya been? Good to see you stop in!
lol man I've just been busy with school. I pop in and out but I just haven't posted anything for a while. But I'm pumped!! Free samples, cheap samples, Fitness everywhere, models.... its going to be a good time
(#16)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 02-23-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsuguy28 View Post
lol man I've just been busy with school. I pop in and out but I just haven't posted anything for a while. But I'm pumped!! Free samples, cheap samples, Fitness everywhere, models.... its going to be a good time
I'm jealous since I can't go. But hey, don't be such a stranger!
(#17)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 02-23-2010, 09:40 AM

im guessing branch or kai as 1 and 2.not sure which is which.

Controlled labs supps.
(#18)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 02-23-2010, 10:33 AM

Kai....wow what wonders HGH and a lotta gear does Look at those legs!

(#19)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 02-23-2010, 12:21 PM

i just cant take those boots seriously........
(#20)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 02-23-2010, 12:38 PM

What? These boots....why they are fly man Seriously though I agree. WT*?!?