IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Over Age 35 Bodybuilders
Reload this Page PaPaw's Blog...
Over Age 35 Bodybuilders A forum for those over the age of 35.

(#1701)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 11-08-2011, 07:28 AM

Strong day on the ol chest there sir....great job!!!

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#1702)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 11-08-2011, 09:04 AM

Thanks Fearnonebutone, I really enjoyed the workout last night. It felt good and this morning I feel the results. No pain, just that good soreness feeling.
Thanks JohnBeef
(#1703)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default Thanks JohnBeef - 11-08-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBeef View Post
Looking good Paw!
Thanks, I was looking in the mirror last night and I think all this work is starting to pay off. Not bragging, just glad.
I think I forgot to add my bw. 180.4. A little more cardio and a little less food I should drop down in the 170's, but I'm thinkin of staying around 180 a little longer. Maybe ya'll can give me some ideas. I appreciate ya'll.
(#1704)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 11-08-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post
Feeling pretty good today so I thought I would try something different.
BB flat bench
135 x 10
185 x 3
205 x 1
Incline db bench
40 x 15
50 x 12
60 x7
60 x3
55 x 10
55 x 9
55 x 8
55 x 7
Flat bench db
55 x 10
65 x 8 x 4
Db curls
30 x 10
35 x 10 x 4
Nice Papaw! Pretty good volume on the DB's! Good stuff!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#1705)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 11-08-2011, 10:32 AM

CHANGE IS GOOD EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE. I DON'T CARE WHAT SOME SO CALLED GURU'S SAY. THE MUSCLE ADAPTS TO WHAT YOU PUT IT THROUGH AND I THINK CHANGE IS AWESOME. GOOD WORKOUT THERE.

THE HUMAN BODY IS SO ADAPTIVE TO STIMULUS THAT WE CAN GET IN A RUT SO QUICK WITH ANYTHING. SAME GOES FOR BEING LAZY. WE GET LAZY WE GET USED TO THAT. RIGHT ???? SO WE START EXERCISING AND LOW AND BEHOLD THINGS START TO CHANGE. WE FEEL BETTER MORE ACTIVE AND ALL THE GOOD THINGS THAT GO ALONG WITH THAT.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
Hey guys
(#1706)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default Hey guys - 11-08-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Nice Papaw! Pretty good volume on the DB's! Good stuff!
Thanks Rick, I had to work a little harder last night for some reason, I guess it was the bb's at the start of the workout. That's ok, it made me dig a little deeper for the rest of the workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
CHANGE IS GOOD EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE. I DON'T CARE WHAT SOME SO CALLED GURU'S SAY. THE MUSCLE ADAPTS TO WHAT YOU PUT IT THROUGH AND I THINK CHANGE IS AWESOME. GOOD WORKOUT THERE.

THE HUMAN BODY IS SO ADAPTIVE TO STIMULUS THAT WE CAN GET IN A RUT SO QUICK WITH ANYTHING. SAME GOES FOR BEING LAZY. WE GET LAZY WE GET USED TO THAT. RIGHT ???? SO WE START EXERCISING AND LOW AND BEHOLD THINGS START TO CHANGE. WE FEEL BETTER MORE ACTIVE AND ALL THE GOOD THINGS THAT GO ALONG WITH THAT.
Thanks Mac, I always value what yaI've noticed more advancement in muscle growth since starting to change the workouts up every week. After last night I am going to go back about 3 weeks and start all over again on the workout schedule. It worked great. It's the one I got from the website if I'm not mistaken.
(#1707)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-08-2011, 09:57 PM

I had to do an abbreviated workout tonight. Long story.
Squat machine, face out
90 x 10
140 x 10
160 x 10
Leg press
180 x 20
270 x 15
320 x 10 x 4
Standing calf raisers
40 one leg each
25 one leg each
Seated wide grip rows
70 x 15 x 4
Seated close grip rows
70 x 12 x 4
Bent over db rows
40 x 20 x 2
(#1708)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 11-09-2011, 08:51 AM

abbreviated? Looks good to me!

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#1709)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-09-2011, 09:22 AM

Thanks Emeka, I just felt like I rushed through that workout. I also wanted to throw in a couple of things to strengthen my lower back and to whittle the fat around the middle, like hyperextenders, and some of the same only sidways along with some situps. I noticed I didn't quite have the leg strength I normaly do. I think it is time for a rest. I'll go deer hunting and probably work harder there than if I was at work, but I get rested anyway. Your good words are appreciated.
(#1710)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-11-2011, 09:20 AM

Well guys this will most likely be the last post till I get back from deer camp. To those of you that will be hunting, be very careful, to those of you that don't wish us that do alot of blessings. To those of you that are anti hunting, well I'll just leave it at, have a good vegan life not knowing the really great taste of grilled meats. Oh and while I'm thinking about the vegans. How do you know a bean stalk doesn't scream when you pick a bean. How would you like it if someone pulled one of your fingers off. What I'm getting at is everything feels in one way or the other. Why would we say a plant "dies" when it turns brown and gets brittle. Isn't that what we do when we die? Just "food" for thought. LOL
(#1711)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-11-2011, 12:37 PM

LOL..solid point there brother..Enjoy the camp and be safe and shoot straight

The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#1712)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-18-2011, 07:27 PM

Well guys I had a blast saw some deer, my brother bagged a huge doe. We had to go help him load it on the 4 wheeler. Wednesday the deer seemed like they just diappeared. Tuesday morning I had to sit there and watch a full size spike. Those spikes were about 10". One side split at the end. I even got my binocs to see if I could see a browtine, but nada. Just a couple of dark spots where the browtines were supposed to be. I could have shot that thing a dozen times. I just thanked God for the oppertunity to sit and watch (while crying on the inside) but that's ok. I was blessed with two last year and this year isn't over yet. I was really glad to get back home. I missed my families (here and at home).
(#1713)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-20-2011, 05:18 PM

Glad ya had a good time sir, and were glad to have ya back safely..

(#1714)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-21-2011, 05:36 PM

Thank you Fearnonebutone, it's good to be back especially safely, Lol.
I did miss working out, I really needed to be in the gym, but I also needed the time off.
(#1715)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-21-2011, 05:39 PM

I did my workout this afternoon at lunch (as much as I could).
Flat db bench
50 x 10
60 x 10
60 x 12
80 x 5
60 x 10 x 4
Incline db bench
60 x 5 x 4
Db curl
33 x 12 x 4
BB curl
75 x 10 x 4
(#1716)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 11-21-2011, 05:40 PM

still a solid workout paw. good stuff

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#1717)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 11-21-2011, 09:20 PM

Way to get right back in there paw!
Next time you put a cap in bambis ass and take him home!
good stuff
(#1718)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default good stuff - 11-21-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
still a solid workout paw. good stuff
Thanks Ouija, I'm trying as hard as I can to get in shape for competition. Thing is the body isn't listening like it use too. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
Way to get right back in there paw!
Next time you put a cap in bambis ass and take him home!
Thanks Kris, yeah that deer was lucky I didn't want to get fined for shooting an illeagle deer. I saw myself in my mind shooting that deer several times. Next time I see a legal deer BOOM! it's in the freezer. It's good to be back guys.
(#1719)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 11-22-2011, 12:04 AM

Papaw....find a comp down the road about when you want to compete. it will help you remain strict on the diet!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#1720)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 11-22-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post
Well guys I had a blast saw some deer, my brother bagged a huge doe. We had to go help him load it on the 4 wheeler. Wednesday the deer seemed like they just diappeared. Tuesday morning I had to sit there and watch a full size spike. Those spikes were about 10". One side split at the end. I even got my binocs to see if I could see a browtine, but nada. Just a couple of dark spots where the browtines were supposed to be. I could have shot that thing a dozen times. I just thanked God for the oppertunity to sit and watch (while crying on the inside) but that's ok. I was blessed with two last year and this year isn't over yet. I was really glad to get back home. I missed my families (here and at home).
Did the spikes curve on the deer. sounds like he needed to be taken out of the gene pool LOL.

Good deal seeing some deer. Hey Papaw did you see my video of this past week end.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW