IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Bicycling/ Mountain biking
Reload this Page Pedal Help Fed
Bicycling/ Mountain biking Forum based for people who like to Mountain bike or Road bike. For Racing and or just Fitness.

Pedal Help Fed
(#1)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default Pedal Help Fed - 04-27-2009, 11:23 AM

Fed I need ya brother.

I need to know what type of Crank Brother Pedals I need to buy.

I can't find the post where you put it up before.

And shoes as well.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#2)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 04-28-2009, 01:17 PM

Don't know if you got my message Fed but what about these. Is this what you are talking about.

OR

Just remember I am thinking the MTB ones are more durable in the long run especially since I have a powerful down stroke.

(#3)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 04-28-2009, 04:38 PM

i dont know a damn thing about biking. but id shoot for the bottom set, what if you just dont feel like getting out your special shoes or you want to hit the trails in your vans or somthing =x

plus i think that black carbon fiber and copper look would be bad ass on your dark green based bike
(#4)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-28-2009, 04:55 PM

LOL, Yeah, that is what I was thinking.

(#5)
Old
BigFiveFive has a spectacular aura about

Default 04-28-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
LOL, Yeah, that is what I was thinking.

Looks over performance big guy!

(#6)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-28-2009, 07:53 PM

Well, he is right to very big degree.

They look good but at the same rate are good performance as well.

also being able to just ride with regular shoes on makes alot of sense as well.

(#7)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 04-29-2009, 11:35 AM

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product..._200276_200410

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product..._200276_200410

here are a couple I came up with that are a bit diff. They platform are way bigger and im looking at it from an all around multipurpose use.

As for shoes. The skys the limit man, There are so many diff versions and such. id get a set that are "comfortable" no sense in being uncomfortable in the saddle. I have a bunch of shoes a pair for races and pair for just trail rideing and everything. Ill do sum looking on shoes and see.

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#8)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-29-2009, 11:37 AM

here is nashbars link to there shoes. There are so many, Even sandles man,

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/TopCate...97_-1_200275_N

(#9)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-29-2009, 01:59 PM

Thanks

(#10)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-29-2009, 04:12 PM

Well, I just bought the crank brother Mallet 1 pedals for 100 dollars Fed.

Crappy thing is I have been pricing shoes in my size for a wide foot and I had to go with a mountain shoes that the guy I'm starting to trust at the LBS and he looked up what I needed and the cost is going to be 260 dollars and we even sat down and researched for my size and that is the bottom line cost. I just bit the bullet and went ahead and told him to order them. Last purchase I will be making on my credit card for quite awhile.

Now, I will be set I think with a good pedaling shoe and pedals to really put some miles on now. No more purchases Now, I have to ride. I've spent to much damn money doing this.

(#11)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-29-2009, 09:46 PM

holy shit man, What shoes did you get!!! thats sum cash to be puttin down on footware....

(#12)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-30-2009, 07:18 AM

I'll let you know this afternoon when I go try them on.

He is telling me for my shoe size and the width that I have to go the the pro which is more expensive. I don't have the normal size shoe most have.

(#13)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-30-2009, 10:37 AM

dood idk. thats alot of bank to be laying down for shoes.... Seriously call me thats way too much

(#14)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-30-2009, 10:42 AM

Well, I will have to wait til this afternoon. I left my cell at the house.

(#15)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-30-2009, 10:48 AM

THen Ill call you at work... seriously man. What size shoe you need Like a 22 trip. w or sum shit.

(#16)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-30-2009, 12:21 PM

Not going to be as expensive as I thought. But I am getting a good deal on a good Cateye cycling computer that does good cadence.

(#17)
Old
lambwell is on a distinguished road

Default 01-12-2010, 06:33 AM

Hi,
According to me Crank Brothers Candy C 2 sided pedal is best.This is 4 sided entry, chromoly spindle.
The cleats are thin.This allows you to use clipless pedals for loaded touring and only need to bring one pair of shoes.