IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Bicycling/ Mountain biking
Reload this Page Notes from the BIG RING
Bicycling/ Mountain biking Forum based for people who like to Mountain bike or Road bike. For Racing and or just Fitness.

Notes from the BIG RING
(#1)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default Notes from the BIG RING - 07-05-2008, 10:15 AM

I have made up my mind to start rideing for cardio for the next month, I plan on keeping track of my progress here. Hence the Title, Notes from the big ring.The Ride will change day to day I will note it in each post. Please feel free to comment also.

Bike Info:

Gary Fisher Mt Tam
XTR Deraileurs
XT Shifter
Botrager Whees/Access.
Marzzocci Front Shock
Bike Weight: 18.92 pounds

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost

Last edited by Fed372; 07-05-2008 at 11:53 AM.
7/3/08
(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 7/3/08 - 07-05-2008, 10:20 AM

today was the first time I had been back in the saddle for a serious ride in a long time. I put in 10 miles excactly on the pavement. This ride was about Getting my pedal stroke back down and releaning my propper cadance. The ride contained 3 big hills with a total elevation gain over the total ride of say maybe 800 feet nothing major, I will have to ck the Topo map. It was just good to be back in the saddle again pedaling.

Ride Notes:
Ride Distance was 10 miles
Ride time was 40 mins and 31 sec
Average speed was 14.9 mph
Max Speed on the ride was 33.5 mph

7/4/08
(#3)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 7/4/08 - 07-05-2008, 10:26 AM

Todays ride was simply a repeat of Yesterdays, I liked that rout alot so I did it again. Today I had a few goals in mind. 1 was to ride the whole ride in my big ring up front and the other was to Beat the previous days total ride time. and Im happy to say I accomplished both. Although I am rideing on pavement I am haveing alot of fun. I will probably continue this current loop for the time being. I will say this, Rideing is one hell of a leg workout as well as a cardio workout. Today I did experance sum numbness in my hands due to the aggressive position that the frame geometry puts u in. But Its one of thoes things u either deal with or try and fix. I will just wear 2 pairs of gloves the nex day and see what comes of that.

Ride Notes:
Ride Distance- 10 miles
Ride Time- 37 mins and 23 Sec
Average speed- 15.95 mph
Max Speed of the Ride- 37.65 mph

7/5/08
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 7/5/08 - 07-05-2008, 11:53 AM

Today was the same 10 mile loop as before. Today was not all that great as soon as I hit the pedals I could tell that my habits of yesterday were having an effect on the ride. My 4th of july wasnt my best diet day and sleep was nill last night. So here are the numbers. Oh and on a side not the numbness in my hands seemed less today.

Ride Notes:
Ride Distance 10 miles
Ride Time 37 mins and 58 sec
Avg Speed 15.8 mph
Max Speed 38.7 mph

(#5)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 07-06-2008, 04:52 AM

WOW, I am proud to see you doing this. I bet changing up like this will push you past that last bit you are trying to loose.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
7/6/08 The Endurance Ride
(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 7/6/08 The Endurance Ride - 07-06-2008, 01:30 PM

Todays ride was a long ride through the rolling hills of central PA. Although it was still on the road it was challenging due to the fact it was very hilly, it seemed that for every down there were 2 up hills to climb, though most where your basic rolling type. I did experance sum lower back pain, probably due to the hour plus spent in the saddle. Todays ride objectives where simply to maintain a cadance of 80 rpm or better, Maintain propper Stride and Pedal form(keeping the feet flat), and to maintain or ride above the previous days AVERAGE SPEED on a longer ride. All Were accomplished. This ride took alot out of me. Although I did not fatigue or run out of air, There were a couple times where I found myself lacking in my pedal stroke and Pedal Cadance, Even still I managed to hit my goals averaged over the total ride.

Ride Notes:

Ride Time: 1 hour 17 mins and 38 sec
Ride Distance: 21.00 miles
Average speed: 16.20 mph
Max speed: 34.4 mph

7/7/08
(#7)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 7/7/08 - 07-07-2008, 08:53 PM

Today I reverted back to the 10 mile loop as its my last day before two off days from cardio. Today I simply wanted to turn bigger gears and see how it felt. I did stay in the big ring in the front the whole ride. I also was a gear deeper on all my climbs except the last one. Its a big hill straight up. I did it in the granny gear in the back and 3 upfront. I however come to find my spin was terrible today. way low at almost sub 80 rpm. So today I traded sum time for a good leg burn. Tuesday and Wednesday are off days as I stated. Thursday will be my next day in the saddle. I am planning on trying to get a few of my next 5 days in the woods. We will see.

Ride Notes:
Distance: 10 miles
Ride Time: 37 mins and 44 secs
Avg. Speed: 16.0 mph
Max Speed: 40.10 mhp

(#8)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 07-09-2008, 05:29 AM

My life is too busy to think right now and my next day off is the 26th of the month but some day I would love to get you guys together for a group ride. Maybe in the spring. By then we will probly have to ride to meet with gas prices going like they are.

Fed, I just want to say that by your pictures you are doing awesome and you are a major inspiration to me. Yet Iím a bit jealous of your Gary Fisher.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
7/10/08 Focus on spinning
(#9)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 7/10/08 Focus on spinning - 07-11-2008, 08:14 AM

Today, I did the same 10 mile loop as last week however, I ran a little bit smaller gears to get my RPM up a bit. It seemed to work good. I had a cadance of 90 or better on average.

Ride Notes:

Ride Time: 37 mins and 50 sec
Ride Distanc: 10 miles
Avg. Speed: 16 mph
Max Speed: 39.20 mph

(#10)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 07-11-2008, 10:01 AM

This is a cool log Fed! Great job. Looks like fun too!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

7/11/08
(#11)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 7/11/08 - 07-13-2008, 12:01 PM

Today sumthing was off. I am not sure what it was but the ride today seemed to just not go smooth. I found myself searching for the right gear and I just felt sluggish. I think I am goin to take Saturday off and see If that helps.

Ride Notes:
Ride Distance: 10 miles
Ride Time: 38 mins and 20 sec
Average Speed: 15.8 MPH
Max Speed: 41.90 MPH

7/13/08 Endurance Ride
(#12)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 7/13/08 Endurance Ride - 07-14-2008, 07:46 AM

Today was no day to ride, it was windy and rainy. However I braved the weather to get a ride in. Seemed as though I had a head wind all the way no matter which way I turned though. Believe it or not, my total ride time was faster than my last endurance ride.

Ride Notes:

Ride Time: 1 hour 16 mins and 37 Sec
Ride Distance: 21 miles
Average Speed: 16.40 mph
Max Speed: 30.40 mph

7/14/08
(#13)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 7/14/08 - 07-17-2008, 08:59 AM

One the 10 miles look again. Todays ride was simply go as fast and as hard as you can. Which is what I did. and I was faster over all with a SLOWER max speed, Which means my endurance is building.

Ride Notes:

Ride Time: 37 mins and 4 sec
Avg. Speed: 16.20 MPH
Max Speed: 36.60 MPH

7/17/08
(#14)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 7/17/08 - 07-18-2008, 08:33 AM

Todays ride was just a ride to ride. Same 10 miles. I played around with diff gears in the climbs and what not. Din't really push it too hard at any given time.

Ride Notes:

Ride Time: 38 mins and 1 sec
Avg. Speed: 15.8 mph
Max Speed: 37 mph.

Tomorrow I think I am goin to ride this in reverse. It will be hell climbing sum of those hills but oh well. LOL

7/18/08 10 Miles in Reverse.
(#15)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 7/18/08 10 Miles in Reverse. - 07-20-2008, 10:26 AM

I rode the 10 miles loop in reverse today, When I first started I thought it would be harder. Althought I come to find it was way faster and fun than I thought, Although I Have to climb the 2 hills I usually go down, The rest was a spinfest.

Ride Notes:
Ride Time: 36 Mins and 35 sec
Avg. Speed: 16.50 Mph
Max Speed: 36.60 Mph

I have made up my mind to take Saturdays off and make it a 4 day cardio week. We will see how this pans out. Sunday, Instead of my big 21 miles I am goin to get into the woods, weather it be Fire roads or singletrack we will see.