IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Bicycling/ Mountain biking
Reload this Page Kickboy's cycling log
Bicycling/ Mountain biking Forum based for people who like to Mountain bike or Road bike. For Racing and or just Fitness.

Kickboy's cycling log
(#1)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default Kickboy's cycling log - 04-11-2008, 05:39 AM

Time to start a log I have a new bike and bruises to go along with it. I plan to turn this thing around and make it positive, I guess I saw the juice man yesterday and got a little carried away so I plan to get my skills up before I try to get invisible again.

So far I have had 4 rides 3 nice ones with 1 little wreck and then yesterdayís crash fest.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#2)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 04-11-2008, 05:40 AM

Crash and crash some more, well the dark light of reality hit as I am too injured to train today as the result of mountain bike wrecks. I feel like I deserve a dumbA award for my behavior yesterday.
I love riding the bike but for me it is only one form of training not a life style like it used to be. To describe 4 wrecks quickly all I need to say is clipless pedals, single track and a rider who thinks of popping out too late. It’s not that I can’t get out of the pedals it just does not occur to me until it’s too late. The result is a swollen elbow and bruised triceps. I can move my arm but it hurts so bad that it woke me up like 10 times last night. At one point Jr suggested I just get off and push my bike but I refused and I had miles left to ride (and it was all tough single track) you see I was lost on a trail too and it turned into a survival deal instead of a bike ride. I got to tell you when you fall on the same elbow and land on the same spot on exposed roots it hurts but add to that being unsure of where you are, OH you are having fun!! The worst part was Jr running up with a scared look on his face asking if I was alright.

Well I have three more days of a 4 day weekend and I plan to have fun, I’m going fishing this morning and I will ride the bike today (on a lot less technical trail) and I plan to run those darn pedals they work great but I can’t ride them in tight places like up stairs. I hope I can squat this afternoon and I hope my arm will be better tomorrow.

I’m not sure what to do about pedals, I like my crank brothers candy’s but I’m going to switch to mallet pedals which have the eggbeater in them but still have a platform or I may get some regular pedals and just change to the egg beaters when I take a long distance ride on fire roads and such.

I love my bike and want to use the high tech stuff but if it comes at the cost of injury it’s not worth it. This elbow sucks cause it’s Friday and I want to pump my arms but I would be stupid to lift with the swelling in my elbow.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.

Last edited by kickboy; 04-11-2008 at 05:43 AM. Reason: spelling
(#3)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 04-11-2008, 10:08 AM

I can't ride trails right now. I feel that if I do ride any I will be spending more money on getting my bike fixed. That is why I am staying on the road. I am also hoping to get the clipless pedals here soon. Maybe by the end of May I can afford them.

Get well Kick, hope those bruises heal up okay.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 04-11-2008, 10:30 AM

Damn kick! Take it easy and heal up man!!

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD
(#5)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 04-11-2008, 10:38 AM

I took many a spill when I first got my Clipless Pedals. Ass over tincups many times. Broke my hand, dislocated my elbow. But NOW I wouldn't ride w/o them. Let the bruises heal man.

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#6)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 04-11-2008, 10:44 AM

What's next kick????.....a Triathlon?!?! What don't you do? J/K...have fun brother!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#7)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-11-2008, 10:47 AM

Kick and I are going to run america. Just like old forest gump. I am goin to grow the beard and Hair just like forest. LOL

(#8)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 04-17-2008, 04:37 PM

Cycling update:

The day after my crash I got some new platform pedals, I decided to go out and get in some single track. The ride lasted 30 minutes and was mostly to see if I felt ok after crashing. The elbow is sore but thatís all.

(#9)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 04-17-2008, 04:39 PM

Good lift at the gym and 45minute road ride. Good day on the bike.

Sunday
(#10)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default Sunday - 04-17-2008, 04:40 PM

Took a 1 hour ride today mostly road riding the egg beaters.

(#11)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 04-17-2008, 04:43 PM

Tuesday rode the bike to the gym and worked out. This is what I got the bike for commuting to the gym and taking short rides (less than 2 hours) on my off days.

(#12)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-17-2008, 08:34 PM

Dang Kick, great commitment!!!!

(#13)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 04-17-2008, 10:04 PM

Damnnnnnnnn

(#14)
Old
Resident Ginger
Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future

Send a message via Yahoo to Leigh
Default 04-17-2008, 10:14 PM

You're making the rest of us look bad
(#15)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 04-18-2008, 05:48 AM

Thurs,

Bike ride to the gym (10 minutes a good warm up) and did the 300 workout. On my ride home we took a 30 minute ride on some great single track. The weather is really nice this week and itís great to ride. Kick Jr is loving his bike too he likes to ďget airĒ but Iím trying to keep the rubber side down.

(#16)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-18-2008, 07:43 AM

40 min ride with the 300??!! My God man your conditioning is at a incredible level for your age. That is not meant to be rude either, so please do not take it that way. I just know so many over 40's who could not even run a 1/2 mile. Live it up and make us all see what we are capable of.

(#17)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-18-2008, 08:40 AM

kickboy is no mear Mortal

(#18)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-18-2008, 11:12 AM

good job kick. Maybe that Ride from My state to yours isn't out of the question. You seem to be up to it. LOL

(#19)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 05-06-2008, 05:36 AM

We need to plan an IPYU ride this fall or in the spring. Mac is up for it and I would love too.

But the reason for this post is that I am considering cutting 5/8'' off each end of my handle bars. I moved the controls and grip in last night and will ride it a time or two and if I like it the pipe cutter is coming out. Most bars come wide, and I prefer a grip at shoulder width or more narrow. A wide grip will hurt in most situations except climbing slow where you might get leverage out of the wide bar but the added weight (no big deal) and clearence on tight trails favor the cut down bar.