IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Bicycling/ Mountain biking
Reload this Page RoaringMad Mac's cycling log.
Bicycling/ Mountain biking Forum based for people who like to Mountain bike or Road bike. For Racing and or just Fitness.

(#41)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 04-08-2008, 02:10 PM

15lbs so far.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#42)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 04-08-2008, 10:44 PM

Nice work! With all the down time you had you could have gone idle and put on weight. But, you kept plugging away at it and lost 15lb's. Kudo's!!

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD
(#43)
Old
Drakedogg has a spectacular aura about

Default 04-09-2008, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
I have a ski mask that can go over my mouth. but while I have a good stationary and I got in a good 15 miles this morning and was sweating and really got my heart rate up, I am not going to jeapordize getting sicker when I am trying to get better. I will be able to ride in the afternoon when the air is drier.

Don't get me wrong I am dedicated but it ain't worth getting sick over,not when I have alternative choices that is.
You just thought that cop harassed you the other day for CWW (Cycling While White) just wait til he sees you with your ski mask on.

Fear is not what defines you, your actions in the face of Fear is who you are!!! I won't be scared to push myself anymore!

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...wner=drakedogg
(#44)
Old
Resident Ginger
Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future

Send a message via Yahoo to Leigh
Default 04-09-2008, 07:56 AM

Maybe you should take your water in 40oz brown-bagged bottle.... have some fun with it.
(#45)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 04-09-2008, 08:50 AM

Yeah I should do that. LOL.

I did not get a chance to ride this morning but I will be leaving work early today being it is me and my wife's 14th wedding anniversary.

I think I am going to go by the grocery store pick us up something nice for dinner on the grill. Go home ride the stationary till I get 20 miles in and then cook dinner.

(#46)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 04-09-2008, 09:27 AM

Mac sounds like your doing great, Keep it up!!

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
(#47)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-09-2008, 10:44 AM

Thanks Matt,

Well, I just got some good news. I got my blood test back and my cholesterol is down from 242 to 198 right now. I still want it lower so I am on a mission to get it down lower.

My test levels were up to 350 and the Dr. stated that these would continue to rise as I took the shots.

There is still plenty of work to be done here so I will be doing it.

(#48)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 04-09-2008, 10:51 AM

That's great Mac! Good job and keep up the good work!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#49)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 04-09-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Thanks Matt,

Well, I just got some good news. I got my blood test back and my cholesterol is down from 242 to 198 right now. I still want it lower so I am on a mission to get it down lower.

My test levels were up to 350 and the Dr. stated that these would continue to rise as I took the shots.

There is still plenty of work to be done here so I will be doing it.
Awesome, it's good to know the dosage she prescribed is working for you!! And that your sense of well being is benefiting from it too. Very cool.

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD
(#50)
Old
Resident Ginger
Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future

Send a message via Yahoo to Leigh
Default 04-09-2008, 03:47 PM

Great news! Glad to hear it.
(#51)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 04-10-2008, 06:17 AM

Great job Mac, we look at many numbers but blood is extra important!!!

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#52)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-10-2008, 07:15 AM

This is kinda pissing me off.

I am pedaling my ass off. Here is what I do. I watch to 30 minute programs and during the program I am making sure I am keeping the MPH up to above 15 mph. On the commercials I am pedaling an average of either above 20mph or at the least 18mph. I mean I reach my threshold in about a minute or two.

Now the commercials are about 3 minutes in general.

You would think that this added extra push would net more than 15.52 miles in 1 hour.

My goal is to get 20 miles in an hour. I think this will help me alot on the MTB as well.

Either way this is turning out to be a real good thing.

Generally speaking I can get a good 30 minutes of strength training in with shortened rest periods then a good 1 hour cardio at least in the morning. I will try to get an extra cardio in on the other days as well.

(#53)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 04-10-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
This is kinda pissing me off.

I am pedaling my ass off. Here is what I do. I watch to 30 minute programs and during the program I am making sure I am keeping the MPH up to above 15 mph. On the commercials I am pedaling an average of either above 20mph or at the least 18mph. I mean I reach my threshold in about a minute or two.

Now the commercials are about 3 minutes in general.

You would think that this added extra push would net more than 15.52 miles in 1 hour.

My goal is to get 20 miles in an hour. I think this will help me alot on the MTB as well.

Either way this is turning out to be a real good thing.

Generally speaking I can get a good 30 minutes of strength training in with shortened rest periods then a good 1 hour cardio at least in the morning. I will try to get an extra cardio in on the other days as well.
wow man, 20 in a hour Thats alot. Def on a mtb bike man, I am dead tired if I do that. On a road bike, that is diff. But damn man thats a workout

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#54)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-10-2008, 01:57 PM

Noooo. This is on the stationary.

(#55)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-16-2008, 09:12 AM

I have not abandoned this, I am just waiting for the weather to stay above 70 before I ride. I just don't want to get sick again.

(#56)
Old
Drakedogg has a spectacular aura about

Default 04-16-2008, 09:20 AM

I know you're gonna find this hard to believe, but I actually got up this morning and hit the bike for some of that early morning cardio we've been talking about.

Fear is not what defines you, your actions in the face of Fear is who you are!!! I won't be scared to push myself anymore!

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...wner=drakedogg
(#57)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-16-2008, 09:29 AM

Good deal. Makes a differance in you day does'nt it.

(#58)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-20-2008, 11:28 AM

I am sitting here drinking a regular DR. Pepper right now in celebration of completing

12.60 miles
in
1:35.48 seconds

I realize this is nothing to some of you guys but for me it is a new high right now.

I started out I was just going to ride out 5 miles and turn around and head back giving me 10 total but the way some of those hills were I decided just to push further and see where I came out.

Now I did walk 3 major large hills that I just could not finish but I did try them I mean the grades were seriously like this / That is no exaggeration

Exploring new areas has put me on some different routes I will be able to do in the future for shorter rides in the afternoon when the sun starts to go down.

Needless to say I am proud of myself.

I will post this in the discussion thread as well.

(#59)
Old
ashley willcox has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via MSN to ashley willcox
Default 04-20-2008, 11:35 AM

great work keep it up

2010 is my year
we are what we pratice
prime
week one
week two