IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page RoaringMad Mac's Cycle log and diet thread.
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

RoaringMad Mac's Cycle log and diet thread.
(#1)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default RoaringMad Mac's Cycle log and diet thread. - 11-26-2007, 08:19 PM

Prime
Monday:Back, Traps
Rack Pulls 14 reps

PowerTec Lat pulls
100 for 10 warm up X2
150 for 15 work set

Rack Deadlifts
135 for 10 warm up
225 for 10 warm up
315 for 15 work set

Bent over barbell row underhand grip
135 for 10 warm up
185 for 15 waork set

Seated dumbell shrugs
70 for 15

Did not do abs at this time

I must say It was quick and easy but I am expecting that for this prime. Just hope I am doing it right.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#2)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 11-26-2007, 10:51 PM

Subscribed!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#3)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 11-27-2007, 10:59 AM

walked for 50 minutes this morning.

Chest,Biceps, and Forearms.
(#4)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Chest,Biceps, and Forearms. - 11-27-2007, 09:17 PM

Alright!!!!!Alright!!!Alright!!!!

Incline Barbell Press
warmup sets 3 with 135 for 12,8,6
workset
225 for 15 reps

Incline Dumbbell Flys
workset
30 for 15

Incline Dumbbell Curls
warm up set
20 for 10
workset
30 for 15

Preacher curls on PowerTec.
workset
50 for 14

Seated dumbbell Hammer curls
workset
30 for 15

Good workout, was easy again but I did get a little pump.

I need to know if those 1 working sets I am doing is one rep short of good failure. I am putting just enought weight on it to go to good failure at the rep range of 12 to 15, Ronnie let me know if this is what you want.

(#5)
Old
Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold

Default 11-28-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
Alright!!!!!Alright!!!Alright!!!!

Incline Barbell Press
warmup sets 3 with 135 for 12,8,6
workset
225 for 15 reps

Incline Dumbbell Flys
workset
30 for 15

Incline Dumbbell Curls
warm up set
20 for 10
workset
30 for 15

Preacher curls on PowerTec.
workset
50 for 14

Seated dumbbell Hammer curls
workset
30 for 15

Good workout, was easy again but I did get a little pump.

I need to know if those 1 working sets I am doing is one rep short of good failure. I am putting just enought weight on it to go to good failure at the rep range of 12 to 15, Ronnie let me know if this is what you want.
You'll need to go to good failure. It's the absolute 100% gut busting failure- when someone has to pull the bar off your chest during a bench press that needs to be avoided. Basically just go until you cannot get another good repetition using good form and stop. You are still training brutally hard yet avoiding extreme failure.

Training to Good Failure

Let’s pretend you are doing a set of incline bench press. You lay back on the incline press and crank out one, two, threeł four, and five reps. You get to rep number 6 and your face begins to show some pain. Those standing around you think you’re finished but you get rep number 7. Surely you are finished they are thinking, but you use sheer will-power to lift the weight to complete number 8 while still avoiding momentary failure. You try for rep number 9 and have to bounce the weight hard off your chest in order to get the barbell up on your own and you just barely make it at that. The set should have been terminated after the completion of rep number 8!

NOTE: Repetition number 8 is what I consider good failure and repetition number 9 is considered bad failure. The idea situation is to continue lifting until you know that if you attempted the get the last rep you couldn’t without severely draining the nervous system or injurying yourself using bad form!

Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 11-28-2007 at 05:22 PM.
(#6)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 11-28-2007, 05:06 PM

Noted, thanks I will take that into consideration next week I should have gone up a little on some of the weight on a couple of exercises.

Say incline presses I could have gotten away with 250 and squeezed out 15.

That is what I needed to know thanks.

(#7)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 11-28-2007, 05:21 PM

"Yeah buddaaaay!.....Light Weight!" Get it done Mac!

Great explanation RR
Shoulders, Triceps
(#8)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Shoulders, Triceps - 11-29-2007, 07:38 PM

Power Tec press
warmup 135 X10 ro 3 sets
work set
275 for 15

One arm lateral raises
40 for 15 each arm

Bent over rear delt raises
30 for 15

Lying tricep extension with straight bar.
115 for 14

Tricep pushdown
120 for 15

Still a little bit easy Next week I will really know what weight to judge a little better. Can't wait for this blast.

Calves,Quads,Hamstrings.
(#9)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Calves,Quads,Hamstrings. - 11-30-2007, 08:31 PM

Standing calf Raises
warm ups 135,225,315 for 10,8,6
work set
325 for 13

Seated Calf raises
warm up 100 for 10,8,6
work set
175 for 15

Barbell Squats
warm up
135 for 10
225 for 8
315 for 6
work set
405 for 16

Leg extensions ( these are done slow and with a hard squeeze at the top)
warmup 50 for 12
work set
100 for 12

Romanian Deadlift
warmup
135 for 10
work set
185 for 12 (good pull at the bottom)

Standing one leg curl
work set 50 for 12 ( hamstrings already warmed up)

Question:

Why do you have calves in front of quads and Hamstrings. I know the reason DC does this just wondering what your reasoning is.

Good workout. Legs are always a killer. Again a little easy for now but I can just imagine what this is going to feel like once I start this blast.

(#10)
Old
Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold

Wink 12-01-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Standing calf Raises
warm ups 135,225,315 for 10,8,6
work set
325 for 13

Seated Calf raises
warm up 100 for 10,8,6
work set
175 for 15

Barbell Squats
warm up
135 for 10
225 for 8
315 for 6
work set
405 for 16

Leg extensions ( these are done slow and with a hard squeeze at the top)
warmup 50 for 12
work set
100 for 12

Romanian Deadlift
warmup
135 for 10
work set
185 for 12 (good pull at the bottom)

Standing one leg curl
work set 50 for 12 ( hamstrings already warmed up)

Question:

Why do you have calves in front of quads and Hamstrings. I know the reason DC does this just wondering what your reasoning is.

Good workout. Legs are always a killer. Again a little easy for now but I can just imagine what this is going to feel like once I start this blast.
The calves require little drain on the CNS. You can really hit them hard and see no negative effects when training them prior to the upper legs. However, if you train them after quads and hams you won't be able to push it. And your legs will be too wobbly to stand underneath the calf machine.

DOGGCRAPP instructs people to do hams before quads. I do not agree with his idea on this because it puts a damper on being able to squat with maximum weight. Not only are the hams needed when squatting, the CNS will become fatiqued for a more dangerous and demanding exercise (squats) if hams are done prior to squating. Since the hams are worked with squats you should finish them off after training the quads, not the other way around like DC Training...

Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 12-06-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Back, Traps
(#11)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Back, Traps - 12-03-2007, 07:48 AM

This is being done in the Morning for the next two days. Business dinners I have to go to tonight. So today and tommorow every thing has to be done in the morning.

Lat pulls
warmup 135 for 10,8,6
work set
160 X15

One arm DB rows (changed this up for better secondary group.)
80 X15 each arm

Barbell bent over Rows
warm up
135 X 10
work set
195 for 15 ( These are done very strict)

Tbar Rows.( changing this up to a permenat exercises as well.) I have to get that support bracket.
warm up 50 for 10
work set 150 for 15
It was hard to control the front end when the back end is not achored this will be alivated when I get that bracket.

DB shurgs
90 for 15

Cardio 30 minutes

Chest,Biceps, and Forearms.
(#12)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Chest,Biceps, and Forearms. - 12-04-2007, 08:29 AM

Incline DB press
warmu up 60 for 10,8,6
work set
90 for 15

Incline Flys
40 for 15

Incline Curls
30 for 15

Preacher Curls 70 for 15

Hammer curls
40 for 15 each arm.

I changed up the Incline Press to Incline DB press because of what you stated in a thread I read about what makes you more sore. The incline Press has always made me more sore. The problem is I will end up going up to the 135lb DB's and then where do I go. I use absolute strict form

Good workout I will be glad when I am back to working out in the evening, Damn cold trying to warm up.

(#13)
Old
driftonce is on a distinguished road

Default 12-05-2007, 10:32 AM

Mac I add latex bands to my DBs and anchor then to the floor with a weight.
(#14)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 12-05-2007, 10:41 AM

I had thought of that, just never really seen anyone doing it and wondered how it could be done with just one person.

(#15)
Old

Default 12-05-2007, 04:28 PM

I go to the med supply or a shop that specializes in health assistance gadgets. I buy several feet (Like 20 Ft) I cut just over 2 feet lengths and tie them at the ends so that I have a loop just under a foot long (this length works for my bench, which is rather high.)
I use a EZ curl bar and load 100-150 lb on it and I put the spring wire collars on and attach the latex bands to the wire collars and then loop the other end over the dumbbell. Make sure you keep the band to the outside of you hand (same side as your pinky finger.)
I am sure I have a pic around somewhere if you need.
I use them a lot and to be honest I think I prefer the feel of them.. I don’t quite understand how but it is harder with the bands the a reg free weight.
I hope that helps.
(#16)
Old

Default 12-05-2007, 04:36 PM

once the bands are looped over the end of th DB I just pick up one sideand set in on my leg... then the other side set it on my leg by my knee and roll back as I lay down on the bench.
(#17)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 12-05-2007, 04:47 PM

I will have to see how I can incorporate this with my powerBlock dumbbells. That is what I have.

Shoulders, Triceps
(#18)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Shoulders, Triceps - 12-06-2007, 07:52 PM

Boy I can't wait until Monday to start this blast.

PowerTec shoulder press
warmup
135 for 10 ,8, 6
workset
250 for 15

Lateral Raises one arm
40 for 15
Rear Lateral raises
40 for 15
Tricep Extension straight bar
90 for 15
Tricep pushdowns
90 for 15

all of these I did not list a warmups. I warmup up on each exercise at least 2 sets since it was cold outside.

Overall quick and to the point. Like I stated before I can't wait until next week when I start this blast.

I will more than likely be doing my workouts all in the morning next week because my wife is having my ass busy part of it doing painting. I hope we finish that this weekend. That is why I am going to do my blast in the morning this first week and most likely the rest of this week because of all the holiday stuff coming up and going out of town. I just want to make sure I get everything in.

(#19)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 12-06-2007, 08:27 PM

Mac I'm ready to do this blast with you and throw some heavy ass weight around. Hope your ready!
(#20)
Old

Default 12-06-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Incline DB press
warmu up 60 for 10,8,6
work set
90 for 15

Incline Flys
40 for 15

Incline Curls
30 for 15

Preacher Curls 70 for 15

Hammer curls
40 for 15 each arm.

I changed up the Incline Press to Incline DB press because of what you stated in a thread I read about what makes you more sore. The incline Press has always made me more sore. The problem is I will end up going up to the 135lb DB's and then where do I go. I use absolute strict form

Good workout I will be glad when I am back to working out in the evening, Damn cold trying to warm up.
Handling 135's won't be easy. That decline bench we discussed is sounding better all the time!