IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Bicycling/ Mountain biking
Reload this Page RoaringMad Mac's cycling log.
Bicycling/ Mountain biking Forum based for people who like to Mountain bike or Road bike. For Racing and or just Fitness.

(#81)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 04-30-2008, 06:07 AM

I know kick, I did not ride my bike this past weekend because of all the planting I did and hitting legs pretty hard that friday morning. I will be back up to par soon enough. I am staying consistant on the stationary bike though.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#82)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 04-30-2008, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboy View Post
Had a really tough finish to last week. I have been super busy with work (and thankful to have a job).
Well I know you were having flats on your bike and I gave you some tips on tires. The problem was I didnít listen myself. I had my first flat Wednesday last week. So picked up 3 spare tubes and fixed my tire with only 1 busted knuckle breaking the tire loose from the rim. Iím running Kenda Karmsís with a folding bead and they fit real tight. Friday after workout me and Jr went and found some new trails near the house 7 miles of super trails within a mile of the house in the North Carolina Wildlife Archery zone. Nothing like riding and scouting at the same time. When I got up Saturday morning I had two new flats. I was sitting in bed thinking I was going to need to drive to Chapel Hill and get some tire liner because I think my flats are the result of thorns working into the tube. The ride to CH is 40 minutes and its belt line insanity traffic (NOT THE WAY I LIKE TO SPEND A SATURDAY!!!). Then it hit me ďyou lazy bumĒ I have tire liner in my old bike which is totally worn out but the tire liner is fine. So I took booth tires off the old bike and removed the Mr. Tuffy tire liner, reinstalled the wheels back on the old bike. Then I replaced the bad tubes (I hate to patch tubes) and installed the liner between the tube and tire. I sprinkled some body powder in with the tube and tire for a dry lube and inflated the tires. The whole operation took less than 1 hour and other than a bloody knuckle it went well. The main thing is we went out and rode 10 miles on trails and NO FLATS!!!
I was so pissed I couldnít post this weekend but now that I can keep air in the tires itís pretty funny.

Ah man I feel your pain. I don't like patching either the way I figure it If I can afford a new tube I might as well just do that.

Like I said in the previous post I will be back up to par after this week-end. I can't really leave Pete and Officequeen by themselves while I go out running. They might find out to much about me . I am biting at the bit to get on a trail but I just can't do that now. I have lost about 15lbs but I am still way above 350 and riding trails right now is out of the question because I would have the bike in the shop more than I would be riding it getting the tires trued all the time. LOL. Being on the stationary really helps in this time and I am finally getting some good workouts on it.

My stationary has a c-chip that has programs on it from i-fit.com. I only had the demo card when I first got it but I just bought a level 3 card which is the hardest with the harder workouts on it. I am about to go do it now. It supposedly has different workouts. 10 so far that I have seen. and most of them are 45 minute workouts. We will see just how tough they really are. One thing I have noticed about riding my stationary consistantly is I pedal at a much higher pace on my MTB in the straight aways and when I gear down My RPM stay alot highe because I more stamina to pedal.

Well I better get to it then.

(#83)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 05-01-2008, 09:11 AM

Mac, I think you should find a dirt road and ride sum on it. It may not be a trail but it will let you get sum dirt under your tires instead of pavement, It will also be a harder workout.

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#84)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 05-01-2008, 09:12 AM

There is a cut off that is a dirt road on my route I will be trying it out next time I ride.

Glad to see you back on here I was wondering where you were.

(#85)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 05-02-2008, 07:18 AM

Just been hecktic lately, Im here. In spirt and in post. LOL

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost