IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Powerlifting & Strength
Reload this Page The Smolov Method.
Powerlifting & Strength The strongest of the strong discussing strength techniques and powerlifting tips. If you want strength over size, this forum is for you.

The Smolov Method.
(#1)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default The Smolov Method. - 09-17-2013, 04:07 AM

A post I read last night, got me thinking about this; http://stronglifts.com/how-to-add-10...-squat-smolov/

I heard about it a while ago. It's also named the Bulgarian method, and it's basically a program where you get into the gym and squat everyday for a number of weeks.

A friend of mine squatted everyday for nearly a month and mentioned he put on a significant amount of poundage to his squat. However, I'm dubious and I'm not sure if I would ever have the focus to squat at a peak level everyday; I also doubt I'd have the time either, but I admit, I am curious...

What do you guys think of a program like this? Would you do it?
(#2)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 09-17-2013, 02:58 PM

That's alot of squatting.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#3)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 09-17-2013, 02:59 PM

I've heard of this before. Years ago but I never really tried it because I never really got stagnate on my squats

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#4)
Old
c0yled0tc0m is on a distinguished road

Default 09-17-2013, 05:14 PM

Sounds like alot of squatting, and I feel the same way you do about it Ben. Don't think I could dedicate every day to squats, that seems kinda cra_training_zy if ya know what I mean.

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was your body. Get outta your head about it and just show up!"-Tony Horton
(#5)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 09-17-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0yled0tc0m View Post
that seems kinda cra_training_zy if ya know what I mean.