IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Teen Bodybuilding
Reload this Page Gettin' Ripped - Josh's P90X Log
Teen Bodybuilding Forum dedicated to teen bodybuilders. Get the foundation right and discuss issues related to young bodybuilders and how to get started the right way.

Gettin' Ripped - Josh's P90X Log
(#1)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default Gettin' Ripped - Josh's P90X Log - 01-01-2012, 02:04 AM

I'm starting P90X on Monday January 2, 2012. Hopefully nothing will stop me but we'll see. I'd love to just crank out these 3 months strong. I've started and stopped too many times and it's gotten me nowhere. I'm back to square one. I'm a little more knowledgeable about working out but that's about it.

My goal is to gain muscle mass. I'm 135lbs right now so I need to gain some serious muscle! From previous posts, I know I need to bulk. Can that be done while doing something like a P90X program? I know there's the process of bulking and cutting but I don't feel like I fully grasp those concepts and why each of them is important. Rick, I know you answered this for me the last time I asked it. I'll have to go through my previous logs with a new set of eyes and see what new information I can glean from them.

Diet is something I've always been working on but I know I'm not fully there yet. I don't really care for the Nutrition Plan that comes with P90X so I thought I would work on a diet here and use that. P90X is for people who need to lose weight. I'm pretty lean myself right now. I need to bulk up and then cut it off.

Good ideas for meals:
Breakfast - eggs, oatmeal
Other meals - tuna, chicken breast, cold cuts (turkey, ham), fish, wheat bread

Anything I'm missing when it comes to foods that I should eat? Can I get a diet 101 and work my way up in building a diet that would work for me and be beneficial for my workouts as well?

I also purchased Whey Protein and I'll be using that as well. I know from other posts on here that your protein shake shouldn't substitute for protein you take in from food. It's extra so to speak.

Thanks guys for all of your help in the past and for all of the help in the future. I really appreciate it! I enjoy being a part of this community, family, and brotherhood. I don't want to let myself down this time and I don't want to let you guys down. That's what I've done in the past and it's not right. I need to press in and press on more than I have before.

Do work!
(#2)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 01-01-2012, 09:05 PM

Get after it brother. Do it.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#3)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 01-01-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
ditto! At your age, your test levels should be as good as they are going to get. Of course diet and lifestyle both play a part in this. Make sure you are getting enough quality calories and do the work and it should do you pretty well. Had a guy tell me who had been working out about 6 months in the gym switch to P90X and went through almost the whole program before he went back to the gym. He said he added 30 lbs to his bench. Fairly impressive I thought.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-01-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Thanks Mac! Like my signature says, "Do work!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
ditto! At your age, your test levels should be as good as they are going to get. Of course diet and lifestyle both play a part in this. Make sure you are getting enough quality calories and do the work and it should do you pretty well. Had a guy tell me who had been working out about 6 months in the gym switch to P90X and went through almost the whole program before he went back to the gym. He said he added 30 lbs to his bench. Fairly impressive I thought.
Thanks Rick! I'll do my best and if there's something I need to change, I'm sure someone on here will mention it. :) P90X seems legit and I'm looking forward to it. It'll be rough but I'm looking forward to it.

Do work!
(#5)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 01-03-2012, 12:16 AM

It's Monday night j1r!!! How'd it go?
(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 01-03-2012, 09:29 AM

P90X is the real deal brother, Dont get down just keep pushing through..Shut your mind down and let your body DO WORK....Good luck bro

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#7)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-03-2012, 01:52 PM

Monday January 2, 2012
Chest and Shoulders
Warm Up/Stretching
Standard Push-ups - 20
Wide Front Pull-ups - 15
Military Push-ups - 20
Reverse Grip Chin-Ups - 15
Wide Fly Push-Ups - 20
Close Grip Overhand Pull-Ups - 15
Decline Push-Ups - 14
Heavy Pants - 20 reps x 15 lbs
Diamond Push-ups - 10
Lawnmowers - 15 x 15 lbs
Dive Bomber Push-ups - 12
Back Flys - 15reps x 15 lbs

I started P90X! I know I got a good workout in but it's something I'm going to have to get used to. One thing that hindered my workout is not be used to watching a screen when I work out. I didn't know what they were going to do and that took away from my focus in my workout. I need to be more focused overall in my workout. Some times I was really focused while others not so much.

My brother is a day ahead of me so I had some advice and feedback on the first day. I took it extra careful because he had a rough time with it and I've been out of working out for a little bit now. I drank too much water I think overall throughout it and that lead to me only doing a third of the workout itself. There's supposed to be another section of all of these exercises and then an abs section. I felt like I was going to puke so I stopped at that point. The workout isn't impressive for anyone, even myself but I think with time, I'll get used to it and it'll work out well for me. While doing it, I had a very good pump that I really enjoyed.

I have some pain between the forearm and bicep of my right arm. My left one is just sore. I'll have to watch that.

Do work!
(#8)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-03-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearnonebutOne View Post
P90X is the real deal brother, Dont get down just keep pushing through..Shut your mind down and let your body DO WORK....Good luck bro
That's totally what I need to do. Thanks!

Do work!
(#9)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 01-03-2012, 01:55 PM

Good deal keep at it. I'm going to watch this log everyday Josh so keep it up.

(#10)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 01-03-2012, 03:21 PM

Warm all your joints up before jumping into something intense j!
And watch the days workout once ahead of time to get it down, then play it agian while your exercising. So youll know what's coming.
(#11)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-03-2012, 03:29 PM

Great idea Kris...weird isnt it...lol

The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#12)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-03-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
Warm all your joints up before jumping into something intense j!
And watch the days workout once ahead of time to get it down, then play it agian while your exercising. So youll know what's coming.
I did the warm up that's supposed to warm up my joints. I guess it didn't work or I just didn't do it well enough.

I'll look through it before doing it from now on.

Do work!
(#13)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-03-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Good deal keep at it. I'm going to watch this log everyday Josh so keep it up.
Thanks for the accountability Mac! I really appreciate it.

Do work!
(#14)
Old
AA EFX
rippednmichigan is a jewel in the rough

Default 01-03-2012, 07:54 PM

Get it done j1!

Social Media Manager/ Board Rep
Be sure to "LIKE" us on Facebook!!

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/
(#15)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-03-2012, 07:56 PM

I hate to do this but I'd rather be safe than sorry. My right arm is still hurting and hasn't stopped hurting today. I can't raise it all the way up without pain so I've decided that it's best not to do another workout and possibly injure it more. We'll see how it is in the morning.

Do work!
(#16)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-03-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippednmichigan View Post
Get it done j1!
Thanks man!

Do work!
(#17)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-04-2012, 11:02 AM

Take care of the issue then get your ass back at it....

(#18)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 01-04-2012, 11:17 AM

go do some other type of cardio.

(#19)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-04-2012, 12:40 PM

Getting back on track today. My arm should be fine. I'm still sore from Monday's workout but I'm going to give it my all tonight.

Do work!
(#20)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 01-09-2012, 12:43 PM

DO WORK j1r! You can do it!