IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Powerlifting & Strength
Reload this Page Arnold Sports Festival
Powerlifting & Strength The strongest of the strong discussing strength techniques and powerlifting tips. If you want strength over size, this forum is for you.

Arnold Sports Festival
(#1)
Old
M.T. Neal has a spectacular aura about

Default Arnold Sports Festival - 03-05-2011, 01:07 PM

Finished the Unequipped powerlifting meet at the Arnold Sports Festival in Columbus Ohio last night. I won the heavyweight class, It was a tough competition, won by a little over 20 pounds. Squatted 711, Benched 535, deadlifted 639 Total was 1885. I went 9 for 9, making all my lifts. Wish I had gone a little heavier on everything to make a bigger total but very happy to have gotten the win. I held back on the deadlifts to make sure I got the lift that would have pushed my competitor to try a 722 deadlift to win, He kept it at 715 and missed it though, wish I had gone on to do enough to go over 1900 but I had to make sure I was getting the win. USAPL has had this meet for the past four years, I missed one year due to injury and have won the meet the other three years. Always fun to go, but I have to train harder, competition keeps getting stronger. Thanks to West Cary Barbell for sponsoring me and for all the help I have gotten there. Look them up on the web, great equipment, great support, very helpful. Thanks to everyone here for the support and information, I'll try to post more often in the future, I know I've fallen off.
(#2)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 03-05-2011, 04:01 PM

Congrats big MT. It's truly something amazing to go and handle business there every year.
(#3)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 03-05-2011, 05:26 PM

I got the news from GetStrong, but didn't have the totals! A HUUUUUGE congrats brother Mike! You IS a beast!!!! And great strategy btw!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 03-05-2011, 07:30 PM

Rick is correct but I think your not only a beast your THE beast. You need a t-shirt that reads plainly "THE BEAST" and I mean that in only the best way. Guys like me only dream of totaling what you squat.
(#5)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 03-06-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.T. Neal View Post
Finished the Unequipped powerlifting meet at the Arnold Sports Festival in Columbus Ohio last night. I won the heavyweight class, It was a tough competition, won by a little over 20 pounds. Squatted 711, Benched 535, deadlifted 639 Total was 1885. I went 9 for 9, making all my lifts. Wish I had gone a little heavier on everything to make a bigger total but very happy to have gotten the win. I held back on the deadlifts to make sure I got the lift that would have pushed my competitor to try a 722 deadlift to win, He kept it at 715 and missed it though, wish I had gone on to do enough to go over 1900 but I had to make sure I was getting the win. USAPL has had this meet for the past four years, I missed one year due to injury and have won the meet the other three years. Always fun to go, but I have to train harder, competition keeps getting stronger. Thanks to West Cary Barbell for sponsoring me and for all the help I have gotten there. Look them up on the web, great equipment, great support, very helpful. Thanks to everyone here for the support and information, I'll try to post more often in the future, I know I've fallen off.
Super job Mike can't wait to see you at the gym. I have been looking all over for results. Getstrong said he was going to send you a text Friday. Safe trip home and hope to see you soon. Many congrats!!!!!

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#6)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 03-06-2011, 01:23 PM

congrats mike,definitly a beast.

Controlled labs supps.
(#7)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 03-06-2011, 01:34 PM

Congrats mike!!!

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
(#8)
Old
AA EFX
- B-RAD -
brad1224 is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-06-2011, 05:42 PM

wow!

congrats. thats HUGE

Obsession is what weaklings call the dedicated, do or die, never give up, if you are not 110 into bodybuilding get the fuck out now, rip it off the floor and lift, IF THE BAR AINT BENDING YOUR JUST PRETENDING!

AAEFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
(#9)
Old

Default 03-08-2011, 11:04 PM

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Backs been hurting but I saw my chiropractor and it's getting better, not working out this week, hope to start back next week. Probably doing the Raw nationals in August, got to build on everything, especially my deadlift.
(#10)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-09-2011, 09:23 AM

CONGRATS!!!

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#11)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 03-09-2011, 10:56 AM

Mike, do you have any event pictures?

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#12)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
SouthernIllinois has a spectacular aura about

Default 03-09-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad1224 View Post
wow!

congrats. thats HUGE
…enough said. Thats a lot of steel

(#13)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Gerbilo is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Gerbilo
Default 03-09-2011, 07:34 PM

I just read thru this, crazy numbers. Congrats!
(#14)
Old

Default 03-12-2011, 04:08 AM

I haven't had the pictures developed yet, I'll try to put some up when I do.
(#15)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-13-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.T. Neal View Post
I haven't had the pictures developed yet, I'll try to put some up when I do.
That would be too cool!