IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Teen Bodybuilding
Reload this Page 2 day routine how is this?
Teen Bodybuilding Forum dedicated to teen bodybuilders. Get the foundation right and discuss issues related to young bodybuilders and how to get started the right way.

2 day routine how is this?
(#1)
Old
DavidBeckham is on a distinguished road

Default 2 day routine how is this? - 06-23-2010, 08:01 AM

Workout A
Squat 5 x 5
Bench 5 x 5
Chin up/Lat-Pulldown 5 x 5

Workout B
Squat 5 x 5
military press 5 x 5
Deadlift 5 x 5

How does this look?.
(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 06-23-2010, 12:12 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Where's your diet log? That's as important as working out.

Do work!
(#3)
Old

Default 06-23-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1r!!! View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Where's your diet log? That's as important as working out.
Give me time

Anyways can someone give me a opinion on this type of routine?, my lifts are still poor but i feel squatting twice a week might be too much.
(#4)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 06-23-2010, 08:14 PM

what days are you doing these on and what are your stats now. Age height weight. Years experience. so on and so forth.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#5)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 06-23-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeckham View Post
Give me time
Okay, I'll get you time.

Do work!
(#6)
Old

Default 06-24-2010, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
what days are you doing these on and what are your stats now. Age height weight. Years experience. so on and so forth.
B150/S170/D220

at a BW of 156, been lifting for 7 months.
(#7)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 06-24-2010, 06:47 AM

Two things strike me when I look at your schedule and your numbers. First you are benching your body weight, squatting and dead lifting above your BW, this is above average strength for a sedentary person your routine is working.

Day one is leg chest back.
Day two is leg shoulder back.

This is just one opinion and my opinion comes from the perspective of someone who takes part in sports {old weekend warrior} not a pure body builder. In other words due to cardio I will never have real thick mass.

You could be doing more. Your workouts are a bit short and 2 a week is great for health {I think you need to do cardio 30 minutes 3-5 times per week.}

The missing part is your goal?
IMO there is room in your routine.

And WELCOME to Ill pump you up.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#8)
Old

Default 06-24-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboy View Post
Two things strike me when I look at your schedule and your numbers. First you are benching your body weight, squatting and dead lifting above your BW, this is above average strength for a sedentary person your routine is working.

Day one is leg chest back.
Day two is leg shoulder back.

This is just one opinion and my opinion comes from the perspective of someone who takes part in sports {old weekend warrior} not a pure body builder. In other words due to cardio I will never have real thick mass.

You could be doing more. Your workouts are a bit short and 2 a week is great for health {I think you need to do cardio 30 minutes 3-5 times per week.}

The missing part is your goal?
IMO there is room in your routine.

And WELCOME to Ill pump you up.
Why cardio 3-5 times a day?, i do 2 sessions per week of cardio on the days i don't workout.

My goal is to become bigger and stronger like everyone, no surprise there

It's pretty difficult getting to the nearest gym that's why i picked this 2 day routine, what do you mean by room

Last edited by DavidBeckham; 06-24-2010 at 09:05 AM.
(#9)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 06-24-2010, 10:05 AM

Iím not suggesting cardio 3-5 times per day, rather 3-5 times per week, 20-30 minutes per session. This is just my opinion and it was influenced by an article by Dorian Yates many years ago when he said for Body Building 20-30 minutes 3-5 times per week is good for {most} people.
What I mean by room, you can do more than what you are doing without concern of over training.

On the gym thing I understand the time and travel issue, I live less than 2 miles from my gym and have a key to the place. If I had to drive any distance I would look into a home routine for at least part of the week.

If read it right you are lifting like M-W-F and doing cardio T and TH. Then rest Sat and S. Thatís not a bad schedule at all. Things I might add are push ups added to the T and TH routine and on lifting days do some arm work and calves work.
Example on day one 3 sets of some biceps exercise maybe 8-12 reps per set. On day 2 add some triceps exercise like the bicep routine. I like to mix the exercises from week to week maybe hammer curls one week and barbell curls the next. Some calves raises would be good too I like 3 sets of 15 with a weight that starts burning {just a little} around rep 10.
Remember I can only speak on my experience with my body. There are many better opinions on the board for gaining size than mine.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#10)
Old

Default 06-24-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboy View Post
I’m not suggesting cardio 3-5 times per day, rather 3-5 times per week, 20-30 minutes per session. This is just my opinion and it was influenced by an article by Dorian Yates many years ago when he said for Body Building 20-30 minutes 3-5 times per week is good for {most} people.
What I mean by room, you can do more than what you are doing without concern of over training.

On the gym thing I understand the time and travel issue, I live less than 2 miles from my gym and have a key to the place. If I had to drive any distance I would look into a home routine for at least part of the week.

If read it right you are lifting like M-W-F and doing cardio T and TH. Then rest Sat and S. That’s not a bad schedule at all. Things I might add are push ups added to the T and TH routine and on lifting days do some arm work and calves work.
Example on day one 3 sets of some biceps exercise maybe 8-12 reps per set. On day 2 add some triceps exercise like the bicep routine. I like to mix the exercises from week to week maybe hammer curls one week and barbell curls the next. Some calves raises would be good too I like 3 sets of 15 with a weight that starts burning {just a little} around rep 10.
Remember I can only speak on my experience with my body. There are many better opinions on the board for gaining size than mine.
Sorry, i wasn't questioning your opinions in any way, i was curious to why you said cardio 3-5 times per week, i'm currently (this week only) doing cardio every day i don't workout, to get my cardio vascular system better since it's pretty poor, then i will return to 2 day per week.

So should i military press the same day i bench and add lat pulldowns to my deadlift day? does this even make a differance?.

So here is what i might plan on doing instead

Workout A
Squat 5 x 5
Bench 5 x 5
Military Press 5 x 5
Tricep Pushdowns 2 x 10

Workout B
Squat 5 x 5
Deadlift 5 x 5
Barbell Curl 2 x 10
(#11)
Old
forceofgreenlabs is a jewel in the rough

Default 06-24-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeckham View Post
Sorry, i wasn't questioning your opinions in any way, i was curious to why you said cardio 3-5 times per week, i'm currently (this week only) doing cardio every day i don't workout, to get my cardio vascular system better since it's pretty poor, then i will return to 2 day per week.

So should i military press the same day i bench and add lat pulldowns to my deadlift day? does this even make a differance?.

So here is what i might plan on doing instead

Workout A
Squat 5 x 5
Bench 5 x 5
Military Press 5 x 5
Tricep Pushdowns 2 x 10

Workout B
Squat 5 x 5
Deadlift 5 x 5
Barbell Curl 2 x 10
Sounds good and welcome to the forums! This routine coupled with the cardio should do you well. Actually, if your diet is dialed in this is great. Just make sure you stay somewhat active during the day as well and keep it NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis).
(#12)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 06-24-2010, 09:04 PM

looks pretty good beckham, dont forget two light weight higher rep sets for warm up!!

get in there, try it out, feel how you body reacts, then change or keep routine as necessary.
(#13)
Old

Default 06-25-2010, 06:02 AM

Thank you for all the advice guys