IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Sports Training, MMA & Boxing
Reload this Page UFC vs. World’s Strongest Man fight?
Sports Training, MMA & Boxing This section includes discussions on how you train for your sport of choice and also any form of hand to hand combat, everything from kickboxing, karate, martial arts, grappling, ultimate and no holds barred contact.

(#21)
Old
Resident Ginger
Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future

Send a message via Yahoo to Leigh
Default 05-16-2006, 06:10 AM

LOL- You'll probably be quite disappointed, but that's me on the left (avatar)

{Seriously, I don't have any photos to post - I'm the one that hides or threatens people when the camera gets pulled out.}

KICKBOY - I'd like to see that! I can't stop scrolling up and looking at him. He looks pretty damned solid.
(#22)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 05-16-2006, 06:39 AM

I fear the camera too, but it is the best way to check your progress. When you see your self every day it is hard to see the little changes and more important to evaluate every 12 to 16 weeks. I carry the camera to the gym and take loads of pictures. Oh I get laughed at but I have gotten past embarrassment and I am tuned into my goals.
I’ll try to get a picture of Mike and me in the same frame. KICKBOY

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#23)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 05-16-2006, 11:30 AM

Yes, I get made fun of too in the gym but that is all a part of it. Most make fun of to what they know nothing about. As a matter of fact I think I will be making some shots today after our workout.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#24)
Old
chinkoo is on a distinguished road

Default 05-16-2006, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpthy4tdvl

Here's something I'm gonna throw out there for you bigger guys. Royce Gracie is the person I regard as to best MMA ever. This might change in his bout against Matt Hughes but for now he's undefeated in UFC fighting. Can anyone namechampion fighterover 250lbs.

Tim sylviaweighs at260.
(#25)
Old
smpthy4tdvl is on a distinguished road

Default 05-18-2006, 06:33 PM

Yeah and he's 6'8,and he's not terribly good either and he got beat by Arlovski, who is 240. I don't think anyone would accuse Silva of being muscular, he's actually kinda skinny, no chest, arms or legs to speak of. I would guess he's not very strong either.

On another note, I've been going to gyms for about 20 years and I've never heard of anyonemaking fun of someone because of how they looked. Maybe the way they worked out or their stupid pants, but not how they looked. the people at your gym must be really mean.
(#26)
Old
Resident Ginger
Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future

Send a message via Yahoo to Leigh
Default 05-19-2006, 07:22 AM

I could never, would never pose for pics at the gym - I'm way too introverted for that... might try and get the boyfriend to take some soon, but I don't know....

{I can hearme now - "No, honey - not *those* kinds of pictures...."}

I'm a member at a gym frequented by what I like to refer to as "The Beautiful People" - the ones with more money than they know what to do with, spend 3-4 hours in the gym socializing everyday, and probably 30-40 min working out, and have the nerve to look down upon my gym attire (usually whatever's clean that I don't mind sweating in). So yeah, I'm sure they'd make fun of it - or - get confused thinking it was the new trend and set up a booth!
(#27)
Old
Steel City is on a distinguished road

Default 05-23-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:

Here's something I'm gonna throw out there for you bigger guys. Royce Gracie is the person I regard as to best MMA ever. This might change in his bout against Matt Hughes but for now he's undefeated in UFC fighting. Can anyone namechampion fighterover 250lbs.From what I've seen once a guy gets over about 230 their weight works against them. Prove me wrong.

Leigh I gotta see what you look like.

Smpthy...I agree Royce is the best... I've watched UFC from day one, and have watched him beat, choke, submit, guys all sizes....over 250 lbs..... much taller.....and defenitely much stronger.........Gracie Jujitsu, shows it's not the size...but the skill.............If you can look up on the net K-1..Royce fought a frigg'n guy that was 400lbs....I may be off a little.....anyway once it went to the ground, Royce put him in a arm bar, and that was all she wrote.......it's defenitely worth watching...........

Tony Saprano
(#28)
Old

Default 05-23-2006, 06:45 PM

Those K-1 guys are in the worst shape of any fighters. They get winded in the first round. Who is that monsterous guy who won the fight but was so tired he couldn't continue and he won by knockout in the second round. I swear those guys probably couldn't run a 10 minute mile.
(#29)
Old

Default 05-23-2006, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Those K-1 guys are in the worst shape of any fighters. They get winded in the first round. Who is that monsterous guy who won the fight but was so tired he couldn't continue and he won by knockout in the second round. I swear those guys probably couldn't run a 10 minute mile.

Bob Sapp?
(#30)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 05-24-2006, 03:45 AM

The fight I saw where Sapp did not return was against Ernesto Hoost. He broke Sapp’s rib with a reverse pouch. Ernesto is like 6’4’’ and 235.
They have some interesting fighters and pay them way more than UFC.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />
I am a Gracie fan by fighting blood line as I have said before, but here are a few things I have been thinking about but no one has said.

Hughes is a great welter weight. Gracie is not a welter weight he is a light heavy weight.
Hughes is a power fighter. Gracie will have leverage and weight on his side, but he is a technique fighter who does not need to relay on power.
Hughes says he is going to pound him. When you try to over power Gracie you are playing his game.
Just a few thoughts. KICKBOY

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#31)
Old

Default 05-24-2006, 02:27 PM

The problem with Hughes and UFC strikers in general, is that they are usually not very accomplished at boxing. If they miss with their first few swings, which happens more often than not, the fight ends up on the ground. Once the fight goes to the ground Hughes' chances fall greatly. He could catch Royce with a lucky punch when he's comming in, but then again so could I, or anyone that can throw a hard punch. But if that punch misses, good luck.
(#32)
Old

Default 05-24-2006, 10:17 PM

Royce could sub Hughes, but it would be very hard to take him down as Hughe's base is wrestling. I beleive the toss up will be in the stand up fighting. Hughes and Gracie will be a welter weight match and i heard they will meetat 175. Can't wait for Saturday.
(#33)
Old

Default 05-24-2006, 10:22 PM

[QUOTE=Steel City]
Quote:

If you can look up on the net K-1..Royce fought a frigg'n guy that was 400lbs....I may be off a little.....anyway once it went to the ground, Royce put him in a arm bar, and that was all she wrote.......it's defenitely worth watching...........
I think your talking about Akebono. Yeah Royce is damn good, but one factor we can't leave out is that the oponents he fought 10 years ago were more one dimensional than the mixed martial artists of today. Check out Gracie vs. Sakuraba.
(#34)
Old

Default 05-28-2006, 06:46 AM

Yeah it was Sapp.

Didn't see the fight but read about Hughes' dominating victory. Sorry to see Royce and sort of an era come to an end, but I think it's good for the sport that Hughes' style, (which I and most of the casual fans consider more exciting) triumphed.To the uninitiated, Jiu-Jitsu, although very effective, can look like two guys in the missionary position for minutes on end without much else going on, as the subtleties are sometimes lost on spectators. There is nothing subtle about ground and pound. Think this sport has a bright future.Nothing is more exciting to watch.

Read that Royce's arm snapped when Hughes' had him in the kamora and he still didn't tap, anyone know if this is true?
(#35)
Old
teenbodybuilder0102 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to teenbodybuilder0102
Default 01-22-2007, 09:12 PM

my old boxing instructor also teaches mixed martial arts and is conciquently friends with ken shamrock.he was telling me how he saw ken shamrock completely demolish this huge steroided up guy in a fight.

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
- henry rollins
(#36)
Old
teenbodybuilder0102 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to teenbodybuilder0102
Default 01-22-2007, 09:13 PM

its just no contest with a person of that skill level

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
- henry rollins
(#37)
Old
mercen77 is on a distinguished road

Default 01-23-2007, 09:43 PM

I see most posts are from a while ago, but anyway, the big guys have the advantage in a grapple, but yes being they are so much stronger they are slower, and a smaller more skilled fighter then has the advantage, IMO u cant really judge the principal of a big vs small guy match, but if u took a UFC fighter and strongman like the post was started for, then the UFC fighter will win, strength obvious goes to strongman, but cardio, speed and MMA skill overcomes the massive strength. I personally would hate to be in small area with a big strong guy lol
(#38)
Old
Max1973 will become famous soon enough

Default 07-03-2009, 12:46 PM

I would first like to mention here I fight in Cage type events, Full contact dog brothers stick fighting, I lift heavy weights and I Titan fitness train. I am a MP in the Military and a EX street rat that has been in his fair number of street fight with the scars and cop sheet to prove it.

But this who would win crap gets on my nerves.

First..There are rules in a UFC fight. What if this fight was on the street? What if the UFC fighter Put the Strong guy in a Tri angle choke and the srong guy squated his ass and slapped him on the concrete?

No mat there to save UFC fighter.

What about Strong guy picking up heavy ass chair and throwing i into ufc fighters face, Rushing him, Pinning him against a table and a bar and hammer fisting him in the temple and back of the head. Back of the head is against the rules in UFC.

What about when strong guy gets to kick UFC fighter in the head when he is getting up. Again, Against the rules in UFC.

UFC fighter puts Strong man in some type of bar, Choke or something and strong man bites a chunk out of his arm, Leg or face or maye gouges out a eye all things UFC fighter does not have to worry about in a ring.

Cage fighting is great but its not a means to a end, It gives you a abilty to learn how to deal with situations that can transition over to the street.

Muscle is great, Its not everything but it leaves a Large margen for error on the streets.

But alas I rambled on and this is a cross over about a ufc fight with a cage and rules.
(#39)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 07-06-2009, 12:17 PM

guys got some wheels on him.
i would have to pick the ufc fighter anyday of the week.if they were the same weight the skills would be to much for the strongman to cope with and if the ufc guy was smaller the cardio and quickness would be overwhelming.

Controlled labs supps.
(#40)
Old
tom is on a distinguished road

Default 08-03-2009, 04:15 PM

wow this questions is funn y a strongman doesnt fight a ufc fighter trains for fighting and is always ready