IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Sports Training, MMA & Boxing
Reload this Page UFC owner purchases Strikeforce
Sports Training, MMA & Boxing This section includes discussions on how you train for your sport of choice and also any form of hand to hand combat, everything from kickboxing, karate, martial arts, grappling, ultimate and no holds barred contact.

UFC owner purchases Strikeforce
(#1)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default UFC owner purchases Strikeforce - 03-14-2011, 03:52 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...eufcsale031211

Pretty sweet move IMO, puts us closer to an universal fighting league.
(#2)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 03-14-2011, 08:02 PM

That does sound good. I just hope and pray it doesn't get tainted like Pro Boxing aka Don King Productions has. I can't stand pro boxing any more.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#3)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-15-2011, 08:51 AM

That would be awesome, I would like to see all the leagues come together adn find the true champ in their respective weight classes...

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-17-2011, 07:38 PM

Dana White would never let it get tainted. He is full on beat the crud out of peeps for money. Best man gets rich. Low man gets lost. Look at Anderson Silva's last match. He was pissed with show boating and not really getting in there and tearing stuff up. Dana wants the best there is to fight the best. And he always willing to give someone a shot. I like this.

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD
(#5)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 03-17-2011, 08:21 PM

Yeah Dana is the most blunt and honest manager I've ever seen. Even when he refuses to comment on something, it's insanely obvious what he's thinking. I need a boss like him
(#6)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 03-18-2011, 09:01 AM

Now I'll be searching to see who is coming over. Cool news!

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#7)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 03-18-2011, 09:29 AM

Yeah I like Dana White and I believe as long as he stays in control that he won't let Vegas money sway him/the sport....at least I hope not. But the bigger the sport comes, the bigger the target it will be for such to happen. I fear that he may get bought out one day and then the taint-proofness may be up in the air.

Sorry just the skeptic in me. But I am glad it's happening so far.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#8)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-18-2011, 11:16 AM

I think this is terrible for MMA personally. It takes away another organization for fighters to fight in and I hate ZUFFA so much. They are creating a monopoly over MMA and in my opinion UFC has become boring by being watered down with lay and pray fighters. I realize the fighters in UFC are probably better but I definitely enjoyed watching Strikeforce cards better. I like finishes and UFC hardly has that anymore. I mean I enjoy a good grappling match but look at some of their champs like GSP and Frankie Edgar. These guys are good but boring as hell whereas the same weight class champs in Strikeforce would be Nick Diaz and Gilbert Melendez who both extremely exciting fighters. So in closing I think this move sucks but I can't wait for Overeem to come in and destroy all those UFC heavyweights.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.
(#9)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-18-2011, 03:30 PM

I have always preferred WEC. Felt like it was more exciting. And the lights is where it's at. 155 er's can beat the shat out of each other all day long. Uriah Fabur (sp?) and such.

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD