IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Sports Training, MMA & Boxing
Reload this Page kimbo..kimbo...kimbo..............
Sports Training, MMA & Boxing This section includes discussions on how you train for your sport of choice and also any form of hand to hand combat, everything from kickboxing, karate, martial arts, grappling, ultimate and no holds barred contact.

(#41)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 09-30-2009, 09:37 PM

dana white said its the biggest tuf fight ever.
(#42)
Old
BigFiveFive has a spectacular aura about

Default 09-30-2009, 10:04 PM

SERIOUSLY?!?

That was the worst fight/effort ive ever seen in my life, fuck kimbos old ass, hes terribad.

(#43)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 09-30-2009, 10:08 PM

Was hoping for a knockout, but fell short. Oh well.

I did however learn Kimbo has some intellect and I think he's kinda funny.
(#44)
Old
BigFiveFive has a spectacular aura about

Default 09-30-2009, 11:22 PM

Yeah well I think he needs to go back to the streets and beat up some more bums, since thats the only thing hes good at.

I like kimbo, but damn son, the ONLY chance you have at signing a 6 digit contract and doin work in the UFC and you blow it all LIKE THAT!?!

(*^&*())&AUSHOIPBNDC(P&*^(*&S%Q(^T!!!!!!!!!!!! F*CK!!!!!!!!

(#45)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 10-01-2009, 03:46 AM

I don't think Kimbo did too bad but Big Country did a great job. He matched strength HE DID NOT GAS and he took the shots. I was not suprised I have seen Big Country fight before and was very impressed. He has a great chin and can really go for a man of any size and he is a big one.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#46)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 10-01-2009, 06:49 AM

Yeah, big country was surprising to me. Very agile and has some strength underneath that cushioning. My initial impression was he needs to condition more...but not sure he does now. He utilizes his weight well and it doesn't seem to hinder him much.

If Kimbo ever got a ground game, he could be pretty solid imo. But will he ever?
(#47)
Old
AA EFX
rippednmichigan is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-01-2009, 07:25 AM

Just read that he lost before I got on here. It was a little suprising to see he lost.

Social Media Manager/ Board Rep
Be sure to "LIKE" us on Facebook!!

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/
(#48)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 10-01-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippednmichigan View Post
Just read that he lost before I got on here. It was a little suprising to see he lost.
Both rounds Big Country got Kimbo down after short stand-up exchanges. Big Country ended each round with Kimbo in a crucifix position and was hitting him in the forehead. Not really dropping bombs, but just hitting him at will and in the 2nd round the ref stopped the fight because Kimbo essentially was unable to protect himself.
(#49)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-01-2009, 10:47 AM

Kimbo looked nervous and didnt appear to have the killer instinct. Roy won like a sissy, those punches were doing no damage at all but Kimbo didn't appear to be defending himself so I guess stopping the fight was the right call. I was a bit disappointed with the fight.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.
(#50)
Old
AA EFX
rippednmichigan is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-01-2009, 10:51 AM

Maybe they do testing for roids and Kimbo can't get his juice.

Social Media Manager/ Board Rep
Be sure to "LIKE" us on Facebook!!

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/
(#51)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 10-01-2009, 11:08 AM

heres the article about the fight.in his defense he really hasnt said much to hype himself up it was th promotion on cbs that did most of the talking.he took the money and who wouldnt.well hes getting another chance.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Controlled labs supps.
(#52)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 10-01-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy1982 View Post
Kimbo looked nervous and didnt appear to have the killer instinct. Roy won like a sissy, those punches were doing no damage at all but Kimbo didn't appear to be defending himself so I guess stopping the fight was the right call. I was a bit disappointed with the fight.
Fighters are trained to win the contest within the rules which does not always lend itself to an exciting match. Roy did what he had to do to get to the next round. I wish Kimbo had more time to work on his game. Bottom line Big Country and won the fight.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#53)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 10-01-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
dana white said its the biggest tuf fight ever.
dw is a damn liar
(#54)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 10-01-2009, 06:13 PM

are we all watching the same fight... Roy FELT kimbos power and took the smart fight.. ON THE GROUND!!!! Kimbo got beat by a better WELL ROUNDED FIGHTER.... Plain and simple. No way kimbo woulda lost standing. Country even said if he wasn't winning the stand up it was going to the ground.. HES not stupid. Kimbos INEXPEARANCE as a MMA fighter showed. and It was said and I do belive it. KIMBO needs to learn the ground game.

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#55)
Old
LG Sciences
Warren-LGSciences will become famous soon enough

Default 10-02-2009, 10:03 AM

Come on, Kimbo has never been much unless he is fighting bums. Overhyped to hell.

BC may not look like much, but he is a damn solid striker, and can absorb massive punishment IMO

(#56)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-02-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
dw is a damn liar
It got 6.1 milliion viewers.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.
(#57)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 10-02-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy1982 View Post
It got 6.1 milliion viewers.
Kimbo was good to the UFC win or loose. I'm sure the UFC was good to him too. He may need some work but his name draws a crowd and sells tickets.

Still in fairness to BC it was what he was able to do, not what Kimbo could not do that won the fight.

(#58)
Old
NightTrain is on a distinguished road

Default 10-02-2009, 01:19 PM

it was a horrible fight.... Kimbo might be ok if he can get some ground game, he seems like a likeable dude and i would like to see him do well. as for BC, he did only what he had to do inorder to win... it was not a very impresive fight at all