IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Videos
Reload this Page Squat or Not?
Videos This section is for videos of any sort, they can be personal or just links to cool videos you found on the web. Post them here so we all can be entertained.

Squat or Not?
(#1)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default Squat or Not? - 05-21-2011, 11:14 AM

Alright....this guy gets on my nerves, but for the sake of debate (or not)...try to suffer your way through this painful video. Guy is really hard to take serious.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2JPn6gbKM"]YouTube - ‪Squats: Awesome or Awful & Overrated?‬‏[/ame]

I myself think you should at the very least squat deep with moderate weight....IF you have no injuries preventing you from doing it. That's my 2 cents!

(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 05-21-2011, 11:21 AM

I could not do it Rick. He was annoying me. I say squat your booty off if you can do it! I will forever do them until I can't anymore.

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD
(#3)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 05-21-2011, 11:22 AM

But a good deadlift with emphasis on leg push would be just as good.

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD
(#4)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 05-21-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaha16859 View Post
I could not do it Rick. He was annoying me. I say squat your booty off if you can do it! I will forever do them until I can't anymore.
I know dude! I was thinking WTF...but toughed it out! haha!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#5)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 05-21-2011, 11:29 AM

And this dude....what the hell???? Look at his smith squat!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POP_lbTAy5A&NR=1"]YouTube - ‪How To Do Squats ( Natural Bodybuilding )‬‏[/ame]

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
JohnBeef will become famous soon enough

Default 05-21-2011, 12:23 PM

I couldnt deal with the 1st guy either, the 2nd guy tho... holy cow.. never seen it done like that before!

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

Good nutrition is Universal

(#7)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 05-21-2011, 01:28 PM

Well the videos..no comment...geeesh but I for me I havent actually worked legs in like 10 or more years and ever since I started squating and dead lifting again I have to admit I feel stronger all around. and IMO that is serious core and everyday strength...Both exercises kick my ass by my heart is bigger than any amount of plates..So in short SQUAT!!!!!

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#8)
Old
Bigmix is on a distinguished road

Default 05-22-2011, 03:35 PM

If you have a medical reason not to squat cool...The first guy must be counting on Flat bench to increase those test and GH factors as it looks like thats his thing benching...not to be critical. I don't know of any upper body movement that will engage the whole body like squats or deads. I've done heavy benching heavy shoulders heavy arms...they don't equal heavy deads or squatting or leg pressing heavy. Here is my question why did he not show those legs he built with leg extension,hamstring machine or giving him the benefit of the doubt heavy leg presses????? Just wondering.

Bigmix
(#9)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 05-23-2011, 01:33 AM

This must be the new comedy thread. lol, the 1st guy had me rolling!! I had to pull the second guy up on Youtube.com to see the comments because i knew that people where going to rag him. and they did... Like Mix said i would have like to the see 1st guy's wheels to see if what he is preaching even works for him. He maintained a good front relax pose throughout the video tho!

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#10)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 05-23-2011, 07:42 AM

I can't take that guy, his body and voice don't match.
(#11)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 05-23-2011, 02:44 PM

I'm trying my hardest to avoid this thread. I just can't see myself throwing my opinion out without bashing on either of the guys from the videos...

I'm going to go squat right now... for the sheer fun of it.
(#12)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 05-23-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
I'm trying my hardest to avoid this thread. I just can't see myself throwing my opinion out without bashing on either of the guys from the videos...

I'm going to go squat right now... for the sheer fun of it.
DO IT!!! I had a squatfest Saturday....Still feeling it hard and walking like I'm prairie dogging.

(#13)
Old
JayR23 is on a distinguished road

Default 05-23-2011, 09:46 PM

I am a fan of the ass to grass squat and as a rugby player it only makes sense, not only does it build size, but it definitly builds explosiveness.

notice that first guy didnt show off his legs
(#14)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 05-24-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
DO IT!!! I had a squatfest Saturday....Still feeling it hard and walking like I'm prairie dogging.
lol

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#15)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 05-24-2011, 09:39 AM

The first guy with the silly hat is wearing his sister's jeans that's why you don't see his legs, and his upper body, do you think he is natural? It's the drugs talking, pay him no mind. I'm going to go do some squats at the age of 50 reguardless of his opinion.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#16)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 05-24-2011, 09:47 AM

I had all sort of things to say about the first video. The only thing I'm going to say is just what Bigmix stated. He did not show his legs. So with that said he has no credibility to be talking about not squatting.

Me I'm doing my damnedest to get back to be able to squat but if my back won't let me I'll surrender to doing leg presses. I've done enough squatting in my time to know it is along with dead lifts the king of lifts.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#17)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 05-24-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
I had all sort of things to say about the first video. The only thing I'm going to say is just what Bigmix stated. He did not show his legs. So with that said he has no credibility to be talking about not squatting.

Me I'm doing my damnedest to get back to be able to squat but if my back won't let me I'll surrender to doing leg presses. I've done enough squatting in my time to know it is along with dead lifts the king of lifts.
I have a post in my log, http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/showpo...&postcount=130, that should help you continue to grow your wheels without squats. I followed this program starting with Workout 7 in phase 2 since my legs were used to taking a beating. Personally, i loved it for the 3 weeks that i used it. Achieved a pump in my legs like never before. It's tough tho Mac, i must warn you.

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#18)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 05-24-2011, 10:42 AM

Prairie Dogging...LMAO

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#19)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 05-24-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post
I have a post in my log, http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/showpo...&postcount=130, that should help you continue to grow your wheels without squats. I followed this program starting with Workout 7 in phase 2 since my legs were used to taking a beating. Personally, i loved it for the 3 weeks that i used it. Achieved a pump in my legs like never before. It's tough tho Mac, i must warn you.

Now I love that set up. That does look hard. I do Constant tension but have never done it for time. I will have to try that. Better get my butt in a little better shape first though. Don't want to bite off more than I can chew. We would benefit from that greatly.

Make sure you read this link over again Matt. Lets look into this on a primary day.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#20)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 07-06-2011, 08:46 AM

Squats are kind of like running. If you can do it then fine it's a great exercise; however if you have bad knees then running will always be a comprimise between cardio health and joint pain. Squating is the big daddy of exercises but if you have issues compacting your spine, hip or knee issues then it may do you more harm than good.

This is where an understanding of pain is helpful, to progress you have to be able to tell if you pain is normal stress from pushing yourself or an injury getting ready to happen.
Know your pain.
Justify your satisfaction.
My opinion on the squat.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.