IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Over Age 35 Bodybuilders
Reload this Page PaPaw's Blog...
Over Age 35 Bodybuilders A forum for those over the age of 35.

(#41)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 01-14-2010, 12:15 PM

That IS awesome Papaw! Great job!!! Something to be proud of for certain!
(#42)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 01-28-2010, 10:30 AM

WELL I'VE BEEN BUSTIN HUMP SINCE THE LAST POST. I'VE BEEN DOING LESS REPS AND HEAVIER WIEGHTS. I CAN'T GO ABOVE 70 LB DB, BECAUSE THATS AS HIGH AS THEY GO. I FEEL LIKE I COULD DO 100 LBS SOMETIMES. I FEEL STRONGER AND LOOK A LITTLE BIGGER. I'LL TRY AND GET SOME PICS SOON. MY SON IS WORKING FOR 315 LBS BY THE FIRST MONDAY OF FEB. I'M HOPING FOR 270. MAN IT'S RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. I MAY JUMP FOR JOY WHEN I GET THE 300 LBS. HAHA.
(#43)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 01-28-2010, 10:36 AM

Just be careful with that flat bench Papaw. I don't want to jinx you, but it can be a little rough on those shoulders. I'm sure you know what you are doing and a huge kudos to you and your son for your progress! I hope your son gets the 315 and you reach 300!
(#44)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-28-2010, 10:43 AM

THANKS RICKB
I HAD TO CUT THE INCLINE BENCH BECAUSE IT WAS TEARIN ME UP.
(#45)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-10-2010, 12:40 PM

WOW!!! LAST NIGHT WAS A GREAT NIGHT. WE MAXED OUT AND MAN WAS I SURPRISED. I WENT FOR 270 AND SURPRISED MYSELF BY DOING IT WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM. I WAS SO SURPRISED I JUMPED UP FROM THE BENCH AND ALMOST YAHOO'ED (THEY FROWN ON THAT IN THE GYM). TO TOP OFF THE NIGHT MY SON BENCHED 315 LBS. HE'S SO PUMPED NOW!! HERB, OUR LIFTING BUDDY WENT FOR 255 AND HAD TO HAVE A LITTLE HELP. SHOOT NO MORE THAN WAS TAKEN OFF THE BAR I WOULD HAVE CONSIDERED IT A GOOD LIFT, BUT HE DIDN'T WANT IT THAT WAY. HE DID GET HIS GOAL AS DID ALL OF US. I WANT TO GIVE THANKS WHERE THANKS IS DUE AND THANK GOD FOR THE ABILITY TO DO THAT LIFT. MY BUDDY KIT PRICE ALSO GETS SOME KUDOS FOR GIVING ME THE WORKOUT THAT BOOSTED MY BOTTOM LINE. THANKS TO YOU GUYS FOR ALWAYS BEING POSITIVE ABOUT ALL MY LIFTS. YOUR GREAT.
(#46)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 02-10-2010, 03:07 PM

That's awesome Papaw!!! Great job to you guys!
THANKS
(#47)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default THANKS - 02-10-2010, 03:18 PM

THANKS RICKB, I'M REALLY PUMPED TODAY.
(#48)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 02-10-2010, 08:06 PM

What did your buddy Kit Price have you doing if you care to share it?
(#49)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 02-10-2010, 08:20 PM

Great job PAPAW you guys have it going in the right direction!!

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#50)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 02-11-2010, 12:59 AM

ditto on the great work! your pressing some heavy metal papaw
KIT PRICE
(#51)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default KIT PRICE - 02-12-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
What did your buddy Kit Price have you doing if you care to share it?
NOT TOO MUCH DIFFERENT THAN WHAT I HAD BEEN DOING; JUST LESS REPS., AND HEAVIER WEIGHT. IT SEEMS LIKE I WAS WEARING MYSELF OUT DOING REPS AND IT'S NOT ALL THE REPS. I NOTICED WHEN I CUT BACK ON REPS AND WENT UP IN WIEGHT IT MADE THE DIFFERENCE. IT MIGHT NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE BUT IT SEEMS TO WORK FOR ME. MY SHOULDERS DON'T SEEM TO HURT AS BAD EITHER. I ALSO HAVE BEEN WORKING OUT MORE. I HAVE IMPLEMENTED ROWS, PULLDOWNS, ALOT OF TRICEP WORK AND SOME CURLS. I HAVE TRIED DOING SOME TRAP WORK ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE WORKOUT. EATING IS ANOTHER THING. I EAT ALOT I WEIGH AROUND 206 NOW. YEAH THERE IS SOME GUT THERE (MORE THAN I'M COMFORTABLE WITH) BUT AS LONG AS THE WEIGHT KEEPS GOING UP THAT'S WHAT I'M AFTER.
(#52)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-12-2010, 08:26 AM

THANKS GUYS. I APPRECIATE THE POSITIVE SUPPORT. IT HELPS ALOT.
(#53)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 02-12-2010, 08:41 AM

I'm glad your routine is feeling good to you. When ever I change my routine from reps to 5X5 and go up in weight it feels great too. The same is true after 8-12 weeks of heavy and go back to reps it's a good feeling too.
I wish you the best on diet I had an awsome week of good diet and as a result my belly is going crazy. I think I'm still trying to rid myself of superbowl cheat food. Hang in there on diet it's my major struggle right now.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#54)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-12-2010, 08:46 AM

THANKS KICK
(#55)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 02-12-2010, 02:33 PM

Great job Paw Paw.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
THANKS
(#56)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default THANKS - 02-12-2010, 05:28 PM

THANKS MAC
(#57)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-16-2010, 08:40 AM

WE HAD A GREAT WORKOUT LAST NIGHT. I WORKED UP TO 245 DOING SETS OF 5 TILL I GOT TO 225 AND DROPPED DOWN TO 3 REPS. THEN WE WENT TO DB'S AND DID 5 SETS OF 10 @ 80 LBS. MY TRI'S FELT HUGE. I STILL FEEL THE PUMP. IT FEELS GREAT!
I'LL TRY AND GET SOME PHOTOS BEFORE I START THE DIET. ... I LOVE TO EAT.
(#58)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 02-16-2010, 09:07 AM

Eating is fun! LOL! Great job Papaw!!!

BTW, I'd be curious to see what your other days are like too. I can tell you love the bench, but are you doing any light-moderate squats and/or deads in your weekly rotation?
(#59)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-16-2010, 12:39 PM

YES, I DO SQUATS ON THURSDAY NIGHTS. I START OUT EITHER ON THE LEG PRESS OR SQUAT MACHINE. LAST WEEK I SQUATTED UP TO 270LBS AND THEN DID 360 ON LEG PRESS MACHINE. THEY DON'T HAVE ANY SQUAT RACKS. I DON'T LIKE DOING SQUATS ON THE SMITH MACHINE.
TUESDAY NIGHT I DO EITHER SHOULDERS OR BACK, SOMETIMES I DO CARDIO. DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH I WEIGH.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT I LIKE TO DO ROW'S AND PULLDOWNS WITH CURLS AND MAYBE WORK THE "BREAKING POINT" ON MY BENCH.
I GUESS MUSCLE CONFUSION IS WHAT I DO. IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING THOUGH.
IT USE TO TAKE ME 3 OR 4 MONTHS TO GET 5 LBS. NOW I HAVE GONE UP 5 LBS IN A MONTH. MY POWERLIFTING BUDDY (KIT) HAS BEEN TRAINING ME OVER THE PHONE. LAST I SAW OF HIM HE WAS BENCHING 450 @ 198 LB BODY WEIGHT. HE'S A GREAT GUY.
(#60)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 02-16-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post
YES, I DO SQUATS ON THURSDAY NIGHTS. I START OUT EITHER ON THE LEG PRESS OR SQUAT MACHINE. LAST WEEK I SQUATTED UP TO 270LBS AND THEN DID 360 ON LEG PRESS MACHINE. THEY DON'T HAVE ANY SQUAT RACKS. I DON'T LIKE DOING SQUATS ON THE SMITH MACHINE.
TUESDAY NIGHT I DO EITHER SHOULDERS OR BACK, SOMETIMES I DO CARDIO. DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH I WEIGH.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT I LIKE TO DO ROW'S AND PULLDOWNS WITH CURLS AND MAYBE WORK THE "BREAKING POINT" ON MY BENCH.
I GUESS MUSCLE CONFUSION IS WHAT I DO. IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING THOUGH.
IT USE TO TAKE ME 3 OR 4 MONTHS TO GET 5 LBS. NOW I HAVE GONE UP 5 LBS IN A MONTH. MY POWERLIFTING BUDDY (KIT) HAS BEEN TRAINING ME OVER THE PHONE. LAST I SAW OF HIM HE WAS BENCHING 450 @ 198 LB BODY WEIGHT. HE'S A GREAT GUY.
450 @ 198 lbs? WOW!!! I would have to go "the way of the juice" to achieve that!

Glad to hear you are doing some squats. 270 for reps is good stuff! Any deadlifts at all? Even light ones are better than "none ones"