IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Over Age 35 Bodybuilders
Reload this Page PaPaw's Blog...
Over Age 35 Bodybuilders A forum for those over the age of 35.

(#21)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 07-09-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
Hey PAWPAW why don't you start a new thread in log for yourself. You usually put your personal best in the open chat section which is fine but I think more people would see it if you had your own thread started. I know it seems some of us don't respond to your comments and I think that may be because there is so much traffic on this postwhore thread it gets lost. I think you might find better response if you started your own thread. what do you think ?
SORRY GUYS, I DON'T MEAN TO POST WHERE I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO. I'M KINDA NEW AT THIS KINDA THING. DO I POST THAT KIND OF STUFF FROM THE MAIN MENU, OR FROM MY PERSONAL AREA ? I JUST WANT TO DO WHAT'S CORRECT. I APPRECIATE ALL OF THE REPLY'S. ENCOURAGEMENT IS GOOD MEDICINE.
(#22)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 07-09-2009, 01:33 PM

Oh no your not doing nothing wrong. If this is where you want to post it by all means. We were just thinking that posting it in your own thread would net more people seeing it.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#23)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 07-10-2009, 07:42 AM

THANKS FOR SETTING THIS BLOG UP. YOU GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF GREAT GUYS. I APPRECIATE IT.
MAC I'M A LITTLE THICK HEADED SOMETIMES. THANKS FOR LOOKIN OUT FOR THIS COMPUTER ILLITERATE MAN.
(#24)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-25-2009, 02:07 PM

HEY EVERYONE, I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD UPDATE A LITTLE. LAST MONTH I MAXED OUT AT 260 LBS BENCH. MY SON DID A 290 THE SAME NIGHT. HE'S GETTING HUGE.
ALOT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW. MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER HAVE DECIDED TO DO A HALF MARITHON WALK/RUN IN FLORIDA. THEY ASKED ME TO HELP THEM WITH THEIR TRAINING. THIS IS NOT A SMALL THING FOR EITHER MY WIFE OR DAUGHTER. THIS IS THE 20TH ANNIVERSERY OF MY MOTHERINLAW'S DEATH BY CANCER AND MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING SERIOUS.
(#25)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 08-25-2009, 02:12 PM

Good to hear from you Papaw! Sounds like everything is going very well. And kudos to your wife & daughter for doing the walk/run marathon!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#26)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-25-2009, 02:33 PM

THANKS, I THINK THIS IS A BIG STEP FOR BOTH OF THEM. I'M REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THEM.
(#27)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 10-16-2009, 08:52 AM

http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww154/PAPAW_2009/
I TOOK A FEW NEW PICS. NOT MUCH CHANGE IN MY OPINION.
WE MAXED OUT LAST MONDAY, I DIDN'T MAKE ANY PROGRESS BUT I DID'NT LOSE ANYTHING EITHER (I'VE BEEN NURSING MY RIGHT SHOULDER AND ELBOW AND FINALLY STARTED STRETCHING THE ROTATER CUFF) MY YOUNGEST SON BENCHED A 295 BUT COULD HAVE DONE 300. I'M REALLY PROUD OF HIM.
(#28)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-10-2009, 09:10 AM

WELL LAST NIGHT WAS MAX NIGHT. DID OK, I HAD TO HAVE A LITTLE HELP WITH 265 LBS. BUT THAT'S OK TOO. I WENT ON TO DO 4 SETS OF 7 @ 205 LBS. THEN WENT ON TO DO 4 SETS OF 10 @ 70 LBS. DUMBELLS. THEN 4 SETS OF 10 SKULL CRUSHERS @ 60 LBS. WE DID 4 SETS ON INCLINE BENCH BUT I'M NOT REAL STRONG IN THAT LIFT SO I'LL JUST LEAVE IT AT I DID 4 SETS OF INCLINE BENCH. MY SON MISSED HIS 300 LB BENCH. I THINK WE TOOK TOO BIG A JUMP IN WIEGHT. WE WENT 40 LBS FROM ONE LIFT TO THE NEXT. I KNOW HE CAN DO IT THOUGH.
(#29)
Old
AA EFX
rippednmichigan is a jewel in the rough

Default 11-10-2009, 11:36 AM

Good work Paw!

Social Media Manager/ Board Rep
Be sure to "LIKE" us on Facebook!!

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/
(#30)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 11-10-2009, 12:20 PM

PaPaw, good job indeed! I have to ask, as I see a lot of bench related posts, but do you also squat and do deadlifts? It is my opinion that these other key compound lifts can help everything.
NOT ALOT
(#31)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default NOT ALOT - 11-11-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
PaPaw, good job indeed! I have to ask, as I see a lot of bench related posts, but do you also squat and do deadlifts? It is my opinion that these other key compound lifts can help everything.
NO I DON'T DO ALOT OF SQUAT AND DEADLIFT RIGHT NOW. THEY DID RECONSTRUCTION ON MY LEFT KNEE AFTER AN ACCIDENT A FEW YEARS AGO AND I'VE BEEN REAL CAUTIOUS TO GET HEAVY ON THAT KNEE. I CAN DO ALL THE CARDIO I WANT BUT I'M ALMOST AFRAID THAT THE KNEE WON'T SUPPORT HEAVY WEIGHT. I WAS TALKING TO MY POWERLIFTING TRAINER FROM YEARS AGO (I FINALLY FOUND HIM AFTER 25 YEARS) AND HE TOLD ME THERE ARE SOME KNEE WRAPS THAT WOULD HELP ME AND TAKE AWAY THE CHANCE OF THE KNEE GIVING AWAY. I'M LOOKING FOR SOME NOW. I'LL JUST HAVE TO GET INTO THAT SLOWLY. I WOULD LOVE NOTHING MORE THAN TO COMPETE AGAIN.
THE LAST SQUAT I DID WAS 242 AND DEADLIFT WAS 265. SO THERE'S ALOT OF WORK TO BE DONE. PLUS I WORK TWO JOBS AND WORKOUT TIME IS ALL DEPENDING ON WHEN I CAN GET OFF, BUT IT FEELS SOOO GOOD TO LIFT HEAVY.
ANY ENCOURAGEMENT IS APPRECIATED (HAHA)
(#32)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 11-11-2009, 09:41 AM

Papaw, after I hurt my back deadlifting, I had to start from ground zero. I mean, with no weight, to low rack DL's with just the bar. I highly recommend considering doing that. I felt awkward doing that stuff, but I think it rehabbed me very well...and I'm still not done, but I am doing reps with 225 again.

Don't feel like you need to start out at your current max. Start low and comfortable. And don't progress until the confidence and comfort is there. I know we train ourselves to push through pain, but pay extra close attention to your weak point which would be your knee.

I believe it is better to do these in a light manner than to ignore them totally. But realize, I don't know the extent of your pain and maybe it is the ROM that is your limitation so keep that in mind.

Deadlift is King!
SOUNDS GOOD
(#33)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default SOUNDS GOOD - 11-11-2009, 10:33 AM

GOOD IDEAS, I HAVE TO AGREE THAT DOING WHAT YOU CAN IS BETTER THAN NOT DOING IT AT ALL. THE ROM IS A LITTLE BIT OF PROBLEM FOR DEADLIFT. I USE TO DO THE SUMO DEADLIFT AND GOT UP TO 425 THAT WAY BUT I THINK I'LL HAVE TO TO STANDARD STYLE TILL I GET THE KNEE STRONG AGAIN OR GET THE WRAPS. I WAS TALKING TO MY TRAINER BUDDY THIS WEEK AND REMEMBERING HOW MANY SETS OF ACE BANDAGES WE SHREDDED BACK THEN JUST DOING SQUATS. MAN THOSE WERE THE DAYS. I JUST WISH I HAD PICTURES.
(#34)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 12-08-2009, 12:30 PM

GREAT NEWS. LAST NIGHT WAS MAX OUT NIGHT AND MY SON ACCOMPLISHED HIS GOAL. HE BENCHED 300 LBS. WE LOADED THE BAR AT 295 LBS. HE WENT TO GET A DRINK OF WATER AND WHILE HE WAS GONE WE PUT 2-1/2'S ON. HE NEVER KNEW IT TILL AFTER HE COMPLETED THE LIFT. IT WAS GREAT.
(#35)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 12-08-2009, 02:47 PM

Very cool Papaw!!! Tell your son great job! Nice little trick you played on him. The mind is a powerful thing and you tricked his mind and he got under the bar know he could get the "295"....LOL!
(#36)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 12-08-2009, 05:47 PM

Haha we all need lifting partners like that! Sounded like a great accomplishment and a good time. Congrats
(#37)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 12-14-2009, 01:11 PM

I WISH YOU COULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOK ON HIS FACE. IT WAS PRICELESS!
HE'S ALL OVER IT NOW. ANOTHER MAN THAT LIFTS WITH US SET HIS FIRST GOAL. I WAS GLAD TO SEE THAT. IT WAS A GREAT NIGHT.
(#38)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-05-2010, 10:16 AM

WELL THIS IS A GOOD START TO A NEW YEAR. WE DID MAX OUT LAST NIGHT AND I FINALLY GOT 265 LBS., MY SON GOT 305 LBS. SO IT WAS A GOOD NIGHT. I'M REAL PUMPED NOW !
(#39)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 01-06-2010, 01:47 AM

strong lifts PAPAW!!! good to see you breaking through
(#40)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-14-2010, 11:32 AM

THANKS KRIS, I'VE BEEN WORKING MY BUTT OFF AND IT'S FINALLY STARTING TO SHOW. I HAD A GUY TELL ME THAT I WAS WASTING MY ENERGY DOING REPS WITH LIGHTER WEIGHTS. NOW I'M GONA TRY A DIFFERENT WAY OF INCREASING IN WEIGHT, THE ONLY THING THAT CONCERNS ME IS NOT ENOUGH WARM UP. I READ AND I'M NOT SURE WHO IT WAS THAT SAID WE NEEDED TO WARM UP MORE AS WE AGE. I'M GONA TRY THIS AND SEE HOW IT WORKS.