IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Over Age 35 Bodybuilders
Reload this Page PaPaw's Blog...
Over Age 35 Bodybuilders A forum for those over the age of 35.

PaPaw's Blog...
(#1)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default PaPaw's Blog... - 03-30-2009, 10:20 AM

WELL TODAY IS MAX OUT BENCH PRESS NIGHT. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT OR HOPE FOR. I ADDED SKULL CRUSHERS TO THE REST OF OUR BENCH PRESS WORKOUT.
YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT DAY.
(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 03-31-2009, 08:24 AM

YAHHOO!!! 250 LBS AT LAST ! THATS AFTER TRYING 255 LBS. IT WENT UP SLOW BUT IT WENT UP. IT'S AMAZING HOW MUCH 5 LBS WEIGHS SOMETIMES.
MY SON JAMES OVERSHOT AND TRIED 285 LBS. HE DID 270 LBS. THAT BOY WILL HAVE 300 BEFORE THE SUMMER IS OUT THE WAY HE'S GOING NOW. I'M SOOO PROUD OF HIM.
I APPRECIATE ALL OF THE ENCOURAGEMENT THAT COMES FROM THIS SITE, YOU GUYS ARE GREAT.
WELL THE PICTURES WON'T BE COMING LIKE I THOUGHT. SEEMS THERE'S A RULE ABOUT TAKING PICTURES IN THE GYM I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT. GOTTA RESPECT THE RULES. I'LL JUST HAVE TO GET PERMISSION FIRST. AT LEAST THATS WHAT THEY TOLD ME; AND I UNDERSTAND. OH WELL
(#3)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 04-02-2009, 11:58 AM

good lifting papaw
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 05-20-2009, 08:11 AM

WELL I'VE DONE IT; I'VE GOT PAIN IN MY SHOULDER IN ONE SPOT. I TOOK IT LIGHT LAST NIGHT AND DIDN'T DO MUCH. THE HEAVIEST I GOT WAS 185 FOR3 SETS OF 10 AND 180 FOR 3 SETS OF 10. DID 4 SETS OF 10 NOSE CRUNCHES AND 4 SETS OF 10 CURLS. THEN I DID 30 MIN. ON THE ELIPTICAL MACHINE. STILL SORE THIS MORNING THOUGH. ANYONE GOT AN IDEA WHAT I MIGHT HAVE DONE. IT FEELS LIKE THE ROTATER CUP (BUT I'M NOT A DR.) IT JUST FEELS LIKE SHARP PAIN. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY IDEAS.
(#5)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 05-20-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post
WELL I'VE DONE IT; I'VE GOT PAIN IN MY SHOULDER IN ONE SPOT. I TOOK IT LIGHT LAST NIGHT AND DIDN'T DO MUCH. THE HEAVIEST I GOT WAS 185 FOR3 SETS OF 10 AND 180 FOR 3 SETS OF 10. DID 4 SETS OF 10 NOSE CRUNCHES AND 4 SETS OF 10 CURLS. THEN I DID 30 MIN. ON THE ELIPTICAL MACHINE. STILL SORE THIS MORNING THOUGH. ANYONE GOT AN IDEA WHAT I MIGHT HAVE DONE. IT FEELS LIKE THE ROTATER CUP (BUT I'M NOT A DR.) IT JUST FEELS LIKE SHARP PAIN. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY IDEAS.

If it is a continuing sharp pain go see a doctor NOW. I mean it. Don't just over look it and see it it goes away like my dumb ass did. Start getting that shoulder and whole girdle area warmup up really good before doing heavy lifts.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#6)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 05-20-2009, 01:43 PM

Yeah, hate to hear that Papaw! I'd listen to Mac since he's been through it.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#7)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 05-21-2009, 08:11 AM

WILL DO, I'LL GET IT CHECKED OUT AS SOON AS THE DR. CAN GET ME IN.
(#8)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-01-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Papaw, I'll bet you add a little spoilin' to the grandkids too don't ya?

BTW, Mason's coach told me at practice yesterday he needed to talk to me after practice. That time came and he pulled me aside and said, I just wanted to tell you that of all the years that I've coached baseball, I've only nominated one other "first year" player for all-stars. He said Mason will be my second. He said he has progressed really fast and loves his attitude. Dad is proud and I told Mason on the way home, that even if he doesn't get picked, he should be proud to even be nominated. He grinned really big and nodded.

And, Adam has waited for a couple months now and since school is out, he's sporting a Chuck Liddel type of mohawk. Not completely shaved on the side, but cut with no guard. LOL! Whatever
GUILTY AS CHARGED RICKB. I LOVE ME SOME GRANDKIDS. WE ARE KEEPING THE YOUNGEST GRANDDAUGHTER FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS. SHE KEEPS US IN STITCHES. (SHE'S FUNNY)
(#9)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-18-2009, 12:06 PM

MY SON AND I DID DEADLIFTS LAST THURSDAY. MY SON FIRST TIME EVER DEADLIFTING PULLED OUT 365 LBS. I WAS ONLY ABLE TO GET 245 LBS. I THINK I COULD HAVE DONE 250 OR 260 BECAUSE I PULLED 275 OFF THE GROUND ABOUT 3 INCHES. BUT IT DIDN'T COUNT. SOOOO, I CAN ONLY GO WITH WHAT I DID PULL.
ANYWAY I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH MY SONS LIFTING. I THINK HE'LL BE AT 400 BEFORE LONG. I THINK HIS FIRS COMP. HE'LL DO 1000 TOTAL BETWEEN THE 3 LIFTS. NOT BAD FOR THE FIRST COMP.
I'LL BE GOING TO MY 35 HIGH SCHOOL REUNION TOMORROW. THE WIFE BOUGHT ME A GARMIN TO USE ON THE TRIP FOR FATHERS DAY.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL YOU DADS.
(#10)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 06-18-2009, 12:17 PM

you will love the Garmin microsoft mary is not 100% correct but she is pretty close.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#11)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Default 06-18-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
MY SON AND I DID DEADLIFTS LAST THURSDAY. MY SON FIRST TIME EVER DEADLIFTING PULLED OUT 365 LBS. I WAS ONLY ABLE TO GET 245 LBS. I THINK I COULD HAVE DONE 250 OR 260 BECAUSE I PULLED 275 OFF THE GROUND ABOUT 3 INCHES. BUT IT DIDN'T COUNT. SOOOO, I CAN ONLY GO WITH WHAT I DID PULL.
ANYWAY I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH MY SONS LIFTING. I THINK HE'LL BE AT 400 BEFORE LONG. I THINK HIS FIRS COMP. HE'LL DO 1000 TOTAL BETWEEN THE 3 LIFTS. NOT BAD FOR THE FIRST COMP.
I'LL BE GOING TO MY 35 HIGH SCHOOL REUNION TOMORROW. THE WIFE BOUGHT ME A GARMIN TO USE ON THE TRIP FOR FATHERS DAY.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL YOU DADS.
thats pretty damn great for a first pull. good stuff on both your parts.
(#12)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 06-19-2009, 10:18 AM

Papaw! Those are some good #'s! You both keep up the good work!!!

Kickboy: Show them guns brother!
(#13)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-24-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Papaw! Those are some good #'s! You both keep up the good work!!!

Kickboy: Show them guns brother!
THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT GUYS; IT HELPS ALOT! I'VE HAD TO CUT BACK A LITTLE DUE TO SOME KIND OF NECK MUSCLE PULL OR SOMETHING. I'VE DECIDED TO SLOW DOWN A LITTLE DUE TO INJURIES. I FEEL LIKE I'M PUSHING IT TOO HARD. SO FAR IN THE PAST MONTH I'VE HAD TO GO TO THE CHIROPRACTOR TWICE AND MAY HAVE TO GO AGAIN. BUT I'LL GET THAT 300 LB BENCH SOONER OR LATER !
THE REUNION WAS GREAT! I SAW 13 OF THE 14 PEOPLE I GRADUATED WITH. WE ALL HAVE GOTTEN GREYER AND SOME A LITTLE LESS HAIR, BUT WE HAD FUN. THE GPS WORKED GREAT TOO, ALTHO COMING BACK IT TOOK US ABOUT 50 MILES OUT OF THE WAY. OH WELL IT GOT US THROUGH DALLAS/FORT WORTH. I ALWAYS GET LOST IN DALLAS, BUT NOT THIS TIME.
(#14)
Old
Banned
antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future

Send a message via AIM to antihero
Default 06-24-2009, 02:00 PM

have you considered doing some GPP in addition to your regular workouts? might help you get where you need to be.
(#15)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-25-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antihero View Post
have you considered doing some GPP in addition to your regular workouts? might help you get where you need to be.
I'M NOT FAMILIAR WITH GPP, WHAT DOES IT DO ?
(#16)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 07-08-2009, 07:57 AM

WELL LAST NIGHT WAS BENCHPRESS NIGHT AND TIME AGAIN FOR A MAXOUT. I FINALLY DID A 255 LB BENCH. I THOUGHT I WAS STUCK; NEVER TO GO OVER 245 LBS. IT WAS A GOOD NIGHT ALL AROUND. I AM JUST EXCITED ABOUT THE PROGRESS, FINALLY.
(#17)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 07-08-2009, 08:13 AM

Awes0me Papaw!!! Great job!
(#18)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 07-08-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
WELL LAST NIGHT WAS BENCHPRESS NIGHT AND TIME AGAIN FOR A MAXOUT. I FINALLY DID A 255 LB BENCH. I THOUGHT I WAS STUCK; NEVER TO GO OVER 245 LBS. IT WAS A GOOD NIGHT ALL AROUND. I AM JUST EXCITED ABOUT THE PROGRESS, FINALLY.
Hey PAWPAW why don't you start a new thread in log for yourself. You usually put your personal best in the open chat section which is fine but I think more people would see it if you had your own thread started. I know it seems some of us don't respond to your comments and I think that may be because there is so much traffic on this postwhore thread it gets lost. I think you might find better response if you started your own thread. what do you think ?

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#19)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 07-08-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
Hey PAWPAW why don't you start a new thread in log for yourself. You usually put your personal best in the open chat section which is fine but I think more people would see it if you had your own thread started. I know it seems some of us don't respond to your comments and I think that may be because there is so much traffic on this postwhore thread it gets lost. I think you might find better response if you started your own thread. what do you think ?
My thinking exactly Mac!
(#20)
Old
The Riot!

Default 07-08-2009, 04:49 PM

nice lift papaw, keep the streak going!