IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Over Age 35 Bodybuilders
Reload this Page Eccentric (negative)
Over Age 35 Bodybuilders A forum for those over the age of 35.

(#21)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 08-17-2012, 01:27 PM

10 days later and my damn hand still hurts, which made it really tough to do hang cleans today. So I only went up to 185 for 5 reps. Started doing front squats and got up to 295 before the damn grip gave out. Can't figure out how to do the out to the side hand position instead of the arms crossed??? Damn elbows just won't do it so the weight feels unsteady. Still doing negatives, except now after I feel fried from the neg I try to go for two more power reps with the concentric (form does and doesn't matter here, just trying for the extra work). This are still going awesome and the joints feel fantastic.

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD
(#22)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-18-2012, 11:10 AM

Still doing negatives, but have started to work in a lot more Olympic power movements. Snatch, Clean, Hang Clean and jerk/press. Neck is growing like a weed with these. And, it just feels bad ass doing them not to sound corny.

(#23)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 09-18-2012, 05:11 PM

What's up big O!!! Negatives are definitely helpful for building, I don't like to go extremely heavy of them because I don't want to risk tearing anything. And they are kind of boring lol

Olympic lifts on the other hand: always a good time
(#24)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-24-2012, 01:48 AM

OTK!!!! How are you sir? How is life? Hopefully the answer to all of those is fabulous!!!

On a side note I invest myself further into this 35 and over thread by turning 39 Saturday. Woohoo!!!! I celebrated by eating way too much and then by doing hang cleans Sunday with 225 lbs. Moving on up.