IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Over Age 35 Bodybuilders
Reload this Page Hi from Canada.
Over Age 35 Bodybuilders A forum for those over the age of 35.

Hi from Canada.
(#1)
Old
going@41 is on a distinguished road

Default Hi from Canada. - 11-06-2011, 08:41 AM

Great forum and great site. Thanks for sharing all the knowledge! This is what helps to keep things safe for newbies like myself.
I am 41. I have been into working out now, going into my 3rd year. I have to give thanks to both Tims at ILL PUMP YOU UP for the help, support and knowledge and patience they give.
I was a huge Gaspari fan. Still use allot of his products. But I have found that I hit a plateau. I finally moved past it, once I found out about ILL PUMP YOU UP, and got some advice. I was stuck at 178# and I am almost 6'. I have a mild gluten intolerance, which because of my diet and fast pace job, helps keep me lean. Now, after 6 weeks of when I first started dealing with I.P.Y.U., I am at 191#, and holding.
First;
I train at 5:45 am.

I wake at 5:00 am and will have a Myofusion drink with a bowl of oatmeal and a banana, and 2 Gaspari AminoMax 8000 pills.

At 5:30 ish, I will have a Dymatize Expand drink, ( just switched from SuperpumpMax after 2 years).

I will bring my SizeOn with me for during my workout.

My workouts are anywhere from 40-50 mins. depending on what body parts I am working on. I only do one group per day.( chest Monday, legs Tuesday, etc.)

Directly after my workout, I have another Myofusion drink, more aminomax8000, and my Anavite multi vitamins, along with my breakfast.

I am sure to eat every 2 hours throughout the day, cans of tuna, brown rice cakes with natural peanut butter, chicken tacos, etc.

That is my normal daily routine, with 5 days on, 2 days off.

Now, what helped me break past a certain point, 6 weeks ago, I started by taking Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Liver support, Competitive Edge Labs Cycle Assist with Double Dragon SOS 500. My body weight increased roughly 3 1/2 #s a week and my lifts went up also. I could not believe how much more heavier I could lift. I did stay focused, and DID NOT overdue it and get too carried away the first time. The last thing I would need at my age is to tear something.
I finished my first ever cycle, ( pro hormones) almost 2 weeks ago, and I have been taking Competitive Edge PCT. My weight has not dropped off from what I have gained.
I will wait another 2 weeks and I do plan on cycling again with the SOS 500 and also use Dymatize Mega Gainer.

I will also continue to read from this forum as allot of members have so many excellent workouts, and input, I will continue to learn and switch up my routines.
Please again, if anyone has any other input or recommendations, or even criticism, I learn from it all!
Thanks again for your time.
Regards,
Matt.
(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 11-06-2011, 04:05 PM

Welcome aboard man, glad you like the site so far.

As for the SOS 500, normally cycles are done with time off between equal to the length of the cycle plus PCT...so if you ran a 4 week cycle with a 4 week pct you should wait 8 weeks after PCT is done to start your next cycle. This period gives your body time to normalize it's HTPA functionality. It also gives your liver a break from the harsh methylated compounds...steroids aren't supplements and are definitely something you should take care not to abuse/over use.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#3)
Old

Default 11-06-2011, 06:22 PM

Thanks ouija for the input. I will be waiting at least 6 weeks before the next cycle. I agree, play it safe and don't abuse. I know that the Double Dragon is pretty strong, and will be sure to maintain a high volume of water intake, with my liver support, cycle assist, and follow a proper diet. I have heard of individuals doing 6 weeks cycle on the DD SOS 500, but I am happy for myself to just use a 4 week cycle. It has helped me get over a hump that I have been stuck at for 6 months.
Thanks again for your input. Any other advice is always welcomed and I will be incorporating one of your workouts I read about in the near future.
Regards,
Matt.
(#4)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 11-06-2011, 11:21 PM

Welcome from Florida!

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#5)
Old

Default 11-08-2011, 10:45 AM

ouija,
I will be taking your advice and extend my recovery time an additional 2 weeks.
Thanks again.
Regards,
Matt.
(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-08-2011, 07:17 PM

No problem. I'd also suggest if you are going to do another run of a PH/DS etc, doing some more reading into PCT.

I'd also suggest using a different product. Mostly because I think pre-mixed products are terrible, but also running the same compounds repeatedly can hinder results as our bodies can adapt to the use of said compounds the same way it adapts to doing to the same workouts over and over.

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#7)
Old

Default 11-09-2011, 12:21 PM

Ouija,
Any good links?
Regards,
Matt.
(#8)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-09-2011, 05:42 PM

try tunedsports I like alot of their write ups and they lay out some pretty good cycles if you can get your hands on the stuff.

At least read the FAQ and PCT SERMinology write ups. The steroid profiles won't be of much interest unless there's something on the list you're considering trying, but I would just browse the web, read different logs etc to get an idea of what compounds you might consider.

This will at least get you started, but there are soooooo many things to research just on PCT stuff alone, between SARMS, SERMS, AI's etc. Cycle support stuff is also def something to read up on. Reading about the actual drugs is really the last thing you should look at as it's the other stuff that's far far more important to maintaining good health and makes all the work in the gym worthwhile.