IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Female Training and Nutrition Forum
Reload this Page i need help ladies!!!!
Female Training and Nutrition Forum Forum dedicated to female training and nutrition. Discuss exercises, weight loss, supplements, nutrition, and staying in shape.

(#1)
Old
vanlynn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to vanlynn
Default 04-21-2006, 10:09 PM

hi, i'm new. i want to get in top form shape. don't know where to start. i've been working out since (well shortly before) the new year. wondering how long it generally takes to see results. i watch the volume of my food intake, eat no sugar, watch my carbs -and when i have them i take carb blockers- work out nearly everyday and try to get at least 30min to 1 hour of cardio in a day. i'd like to run, but my knees keep giving me trouble so i do the crosstrainer and bicycle. i'm really concerned that my diet maybe sabatoging me.also i'll admit i do like to drink too (rum and diet) could the rum be the culprit??? or are there any other suggestions to what i could do.
(#2)
Old
WVHILLBILLIE is on a distinguished road

Default 04-22-2006, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlynn
hi, i'm new. i want to get in top form shape. don't know where to start. i've been working out since (well shortly before) the new year. wondering how long it generally takes to see results. i watch the volume of my food intake, eat no sugar, watch my carbs -and when i have them i take carb blockers- work out nearly everyday and try to get at least 30min to 1 hour of cardio in a day. i'd like to run, but my knees keep giving me trouble so i do the crosstrainer and bicycle. i'm really concerned that my diet maybe sabatoging me.also i'll admit i do like to drink too (rum and diet) could the rum be the culprit??? or are there any other suggestions to what i could do.

Lose the alcohol this will hinder you from losing weight. Eat a good clean diet of 6-8 small meals a day about every 2 hours. Except for pre and post workout eat low glycemic carbs like whole wheat products, brown rice, yams/sweet potatoes, oats and wheat germ. There is a good list under diet and nutrition that i put up of foods to eat for a good clean diet. There are also some very good articles from other folks here also. YOu areon track by workout and doing cardio. Give it time. Rome wasnt built in a day. Edited by: WVHILLBILLIE
(#3)
Old
n2jss is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to n2jss
Default 04-22-2006, 04:33 AM

http://www.illpumpyouup.com/forum/fo...asp?TID=1047&a mp;PN=1

This is excellent info.
(#4)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 05-05-2006, 07:35 PM

Very good link.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#5)
Old
fitness-chic is on a distinguished road

Smile 03-11-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVHILLBILLIE View Post
Lose the alcohol this will hinder you from losing weight. Eat a good clean diet of 6-8 small meals a day about every 2 hours. Except for pre and post workout eat low glycemic carbs like whole wheat products, brown rice, yams/sweet potatoes, oats and wheat germ. There is a good list under diet and nutrition that i put up of foods to eat for a good clean diet. There are also some very good articles from other folks here also. YOu areon track by workout and doing cardio. Give it time. Rome wasnt built in a day. Edited by: WVHILLBILLIE
x2..... loose the alcohol you dont need it and it you are serious about your goals then it would be a wise choice.

WVHILLBILLIE:

Great advice I will have to check out the list you put together.

Doctors say that women need more ironÖ.. So suck it up and go heavy.
(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-11-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlynn View Post
For the knees try a glucosamine chondroitin supplement, it worked wonders for my knee.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.
(#7)
Old
dynasty_365 is on a distinguished road

Default 03-18-2009, 09:26 PM

Man u said u don't eat sugar but watch your carbs and take carb blockers. Man I would say u need the carbs man in a bad way. If anything take your carbs early in the day ten try not to have any late in the day that'd be the best way to handle carbs. Man u need them before u workout and to help build muscle
(#8)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 03-19-2009, 01:59 AM

ancient bump, i was going to throw some useless advice in. but i opted out for this even less usefull post.

go me
(#9)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-19-2009, 02:18 AM

Useless rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD
(#10)
Old
Resident Ginger
Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future

Send a message via Yahoo to Leigh
Default 03-19-2009, 10:54 AM

Um - Kris? I hate to be the one to let you in on this, but useless posts are kind of my thing. Also note: I've got dibs on strange tangents, as well.
(#11)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 03-19-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
I've got dibs on strange tangents, as well.
im all in for a game of twister as well
(#12)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 03-19-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
im all in for a game of twister as well
(#13)
Old
Banned
Muscle And Brawn has a spectacular aura about

Default 03-19-2009, 02:19 PM

I like food. Food tastes good.
(#14)
Old
Resident Ginger
Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future

Default 03-20-2009, 09:45 AM

:sigh:

What kind of frea---wait. Nevermind: I'm in, too.
(#15)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 03-20-2009, 10:19 AM

Does that mean you're a frea--- uh...just like OTK?
(#16)
Old
Resident Ginger

Default 03-20-2009, 10:54 AM

:shrug: Hey, I'll try anything twice.