IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page Chest Training
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

(#21)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 08-05-2011, 10:34 AM

LOL..its ok lil buddy

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#22)
Old
IPYU Resident Supplement Expert
TimM will become famous soon enough

Default 08-05-2011, 02:37 PM

I tell you what, ever since I dropped my ego and lightened the weight up and started doing more reps, and more sets, my chest exploded! There was a agood point mentioned above that when you go too heavy your arms get wiped but your chest doesn't. That is another reason why I do 3/4 reps like Ronnie Coleman and such. I used to love DB flys but my shoulders can take them a whole lot anymore. When I do them I go very very deep and only come up 3/4 of the way. Several years ago I would do very heavy ones and just hold every rep at the bottom for 10 seconds. Maybe like 3 sets of 6 reps with 10 second holds at the bottom. I like cable crossovers. I actually step backwards a few steps and do them. Burns me up!!

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
Fitness and Supplement Expert
(#23)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-05-2011, 02:40 PM

backwards?

The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#24)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 08-05-2011, 05:11 PM

DB flies are invaluable for building that area where your front delt and pec meet up. Personally I do barrel hooks with my "thumb knuckle" in line with my nipple, this allows me to better concentrate on my chest and eases things on the shoulder a bit. I also like turning my palms up toward my head toward the top of the fly motion to get a much much better squeeze in my chest.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#25)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 08-06-2011, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
DB flies are invaluable for building that area where your front delt and pec meet up. Personally I do barrel hooks with my "thumb knuckle" in line with my nipple, this allows me to better concentrate on my chest and eases things on the shoulder a bit. I also like turning my palms up toward my head toward the top of the fly motion to get a much much better squeeze in my chest.
Wow man! I do that exact same things. Lol, have u been scouting me out OJ?! Lol, it's amazing how much of a difference the small things make like turning your palms up, pointing toes up on leg ext, pointing toes inward on leg curls, turning palms out on curls, etc.

Good stuff guys!

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#26)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-06-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post
Wow man! I do that exact same things. Lol, have u been scouting me out OJ?!!
I'm just a little guy training like a big one

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#27)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-06-2011, 09:57 PM

Thats how ya get big though brother....

(#28)
Old

Default 08-08-2011, 10:33 AM

A couple good things I do to jolt my chest are:
1. Superset very high rep Smith Machine Flat presses with SM reverse grip presses. Man this lights me up.
2. Machine presses kinda like 21's. But like this- 10-15 reps with the pin as far back as painfully as possible going a little less than halfway up, then with no rest set the pin to push half way to lock-but do these with the widest grip for 10-15 reps.

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
(#29)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 08-15-2011, 09:11 AM

Thinking bout implementing partials into my routines this week....

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#30)
Old
jaydee6 is on a distinguished road

Default 08-29-2011, 10:48 PM

Heavy, higher volume, HIGH intensity works best for me. Decline BB press, incline DB press, and Heavy dips are king IMO. I alternate between 3 different routines each week. For example last week I did incline hammer strength bench, pec deck flye, cable crossovers, 3 sets of each and heavy. All sets are drop sets. This week will be decline BB press, incline BB press, and an isolation exercise like cable flyes, etc. I do this for all body parts except legs. It's worth a shot if you haven't tried it before. Causes constant muscle confusion and as long as you put more weight on the bar or do more reps than you did the previous time, you will grow. My chest is one of my weakest body parts and in the past 6 months or so, it has totally changed shape and thickness. I attribute this mainly to heavy declines and heavy dips.
(#31)
Old

Default 08-30-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee6 View Post
Heavy, higher volume, HIGH intensity works best for me. Decline BB press, incline DB press, and Heavy dips are king IMO. I alternate between 3 different routines each week. For example last week I did incline hammer strength bench, pec deck flye, cable crossovers, 3 sets of each and heavy. All sets are drop sets. This week will be decline BB press, incline BB press, and an isolation exercise like cable flyes, etc. I do this for all body parts except legs. It's worth a shot if you haven't tried it before. Causes constant muscle confusion and as long as you put more weight on the bar or do more reps than you did the previous time, you will grow. My chest is one of my weakest body parts and in the past 6 months or so, it has totally changed shape and thickness. I attribute this mainly to heavy declines and heavy dips.
Yeah man dips are one of my favorite chest exercises and ever since I started doing them again it has helped out tremendously!! The main thing for me is to lay aside my ego and focus on lighter weight with constant tension. If I was to pick one thing though that has worked the best I would say negatives. Negatives literally force blood through every nook and carnie (what the heck is a nook and what the heck is a cranie.lol) of my pecs. Every exercise afterwards is icing on the cake (I don't generally eat cake.lol)

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
(#32)
Old

Default 09-27-2011, 11:00 AM

Thinking about this today.
I see so many people wasting there time trying to get a big chest by bouncing the weight, maxing out all the time, doing the top half only of chest movements for the sake of heavy weight.
LISTEN
If you really think about it and break it down to the ridiculous- if you are doing chest once a week (I do mine twice) you are only getting 52 chances tops A YEAR to get your chest bigger. Might as well do it right. If are doing chest and your shoudlers and triceps are getting my pumped and sore than your chest something ain't right.
AGREED?
Make chest day a huge priority....
Carb up that day, take in tons of protein the hours after you workout, take aminos before, during, and right after your chest workout.
Sleep well that night.
Use you best supplements that day.
Train with with "that one guy" to have a spotter and a helper even though you don't like him too much!
The next day is even more important. Eat the best proteins.
Don't do anything to overtrain that area like train another upper body pushing movement.
Take a real hot shower or go into the jacuzzi to get blood flow to your chest area!
Agreed?

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
(#33)
Old
JGarcia28 is on a distinguished road

Wink 09-27-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimM View Post
Thinking about this today.
I see so many people wasting there time trying to get a big chest by bouncing the weight, maxing out all the time, doing the top half only of chest movements for the sake of heavy weight.
LISTEN
If you really think about it and break it down to the ridiculous- if you are doing chest once a week (I do mine twice) you are only getting 52 chances tops A YEAR to get your chest bigger. Might as well do it right. If are doing chest and your shoudlers and triceps are getting my pumped and sore than your chest something ain't right.
AGREED?
Make chest day a huge priority....
Carb up that day, take in tons of protein the hours after you workout, take aminos before, during, and right after your chest workout.
Sleep well that night.
Use you best supplements that day.
Train with with "that one guy" to have a spotter and a helper even though you don't like him too much!
The next day is even more important. Eat the best proteins.
Don't do anything to overtrain that area like train another upper body pushing movement.
Take a real hot shower or go into the jacuzzi to get blood flow to your chest area!
Agreed?
SIR YES SIR! You need to train EVERY body part like this though, chest or not. All muscles need to have the same priority and no favoritism because if you like working a muscle but you don't enjoy working a different one, chances are the one you like working is going to be much more developed! I agree Tim! You gotta put these tips into serious action because if you slack, you're one step farther away from that 1st place trophy and your opponent gets an advantage. Whatever you do will show at sub 6% BF and will show even more on contest day. Great post Tim!
(#34)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 09-27-2011, 11:44 AM

I like doing the incline and flat db bench alot better than doing bb bench. I feel it in my tri's and chest.
question, should I not be pressing to failure on the db bench's?
(#35)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-27-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post
I like doing the incline and flat db bench alot better than doing bb bench. I feel it in my tri's and chest.
question, should I not be pressing to failure on the db bench's?
Honestly Paw, I haven't touched a BB in about 2 months. Especially incline, not matter how I tweak my form I always feel it more in my front delts and tri's. And honestly, I can't say that I feel like I'm missing anything, my chest has filled out quite nicely over the last year and I avoid the bar like the plague as I feel it's just messing my shoulders up. Then again I tend to always train chest heavy so that might have something to do with it.

I press to failure on the heavier stuff, only because 90% of the time it's your arms failing and not your chest so those last 2 reps can really help. With lighter weight I go by how it feels, if it's truly my chest screaming I'll stop, if it's my arms I keep going and hope I don't drop weights on my face lol. So I guess I always go till failure, but usually it's only on my last set or 2 of each exercise.

(#36)
Old

Default 09-28-2011, 03:45 PM

Too many intensity techniques including failure aren't always good when used all the time. I like to hit chest twice and if I do too many intensity techniques I can't hit chest a second time that week. I know what you are thinking......Why not go all out once a week. Lot of explain there but to simply this I will just quote Lee Haney.
"Stimulate don't annihilate."

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
(#37)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 09-28-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimM View Post
Too many intensity techniques including failure aren't always good when used all the time. I like to hit chest twice and if I do too many intensity techniques I can't hit chest a second time that week. I know what you are thinking......Why not go all out once a week. Lot of explain there but to simply this I will just quote Lee Haney.
"Stimulate don't annihilate."
Funny...my gf tells me the same thing...

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#38)
Old
JGarcia28 is on a distinguished road

Default 09-28-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog324 View Post
Funny...my gf tells me the same thing...
(#39)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 09-29-2011, 12:05 PM

^double lol!!! that's comedy
(#40)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 09-30-2011, 12:45 AM

Dips built a lot of size and sweep it seemed when I was younger before my shoulders started hurting from doing them. I use the seated dip machines now, however they tend to put more focus on the tricep.

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD