IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page Matt's STS Contest Prep (Post 176-Vid & 177-Pics)
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Matt's STS Contest Prep (Post 176-Vid & 177-Pics)
(#1)
Old
matt20's Avatar
matt20 is Offline
Moderator
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future
 
Posts: 3,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default Matt's STS Contest Prep (Post 176-Vid & 177-Pics) - 05-03-2009, 12:01 AM

I am going to be switching to the sts program for the rest of my contest prep. Feel free to make any comments or suggestions throughout this. I have read over the sts cutting section and will be using the diet plan, but with a little less protein since I dont weight as much. Here's the diet

Low Carb Days

Meal 1- 1 egg, 8 whites, 1 cup Oatmeal

Meal 2- 5oz Cooked Chicken, 6 Almonds

Meal 3- 1 Slice Whole Grain Bread, 1 Can Tuna, 2oz chicken
(The can of tuna only has 22g protein, with the chicken I will get 40g)

Workout

Meal 4- 2 Scoops Whey Protein, 1 Banana

Meal 5- 8 oz Salmon or 7 oz London Broil, Salad (Romaine), 2 Tbsp EVO

Meal 6- 2 Scoops Whey or 8oz Tilapia, Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter

High Carb Days-(Wednesday and Saturday)

Meal 1- Add 1/2 Cup Oatmeal

Meal 3- Add 1 Slice whole Grain Bread, 1 Apple

Meal 4- Add 1 Banana

My class schedule will change next week, so I might start working out a little earlier in the day. If I do then I will just move my meals to look like this

Meal 1- Pro-Carbs
Meal 2- Pro-Carbs
Workout
Meal 3- Pro-Carbs
Meal 4- Pro-Fats
Meal 5- Pro-Fats
Meal 6- Pro-Fats

Ronnie if you see this and something does not look right just let me know!!


"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed

Last edited by matt20; 05-03-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
matt20's Avatar
matt20 is Offline
Moderator
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future
 
Posts: 3,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default 05-03-2009, 12:13 AM

Also my training split will be a 4 day instead of 5. I will be using the blast. I'm ready to get going on monday! Here is the breakdown of it. I will be doing a deload after 2-4 Weeks depending on energy and recovery.

Monday:
Chest-
15 Degree Incline DB Press-4 sets 8-10 reps
15 Degree Decline Barbell Press- 4 sets
DB Flyes-4 sets

Biceps-
Seated DB Curls-4 sets
Preacher Curls-4 sets(I might use cable curls instead because I have never really got much out of preacher curls)
DB Hammer Curls-4 sets

Forearms-
Wrist Curls-4 sets
Reverse Curls-4 sets


Tuesday:
Calves-
Donkey Calf Machine-3 sets
Standing Calf-3 sets
Seated-3 sets

Quads-
Front Squats-4 sets
Vertical Leg Press,Barbell Hack Squats, or Smith Machine Lunges(Can't decide)-4 sets
Leg Ext-4 sets

Hammies-
Lying Leg Curls-3 sets
Standing-3 sets
Stiff Leg Deadlifts on Hack Squat-3 sets


Wed: OFF


Thursday:
Shoulders-
DB Press-4 sets
Side Laterals-4 sets

Triceps-
Close Grip Bench-4 sets
Dips-4 sets
Pushdown-4 sets


Friday:

Back Width-
Wide Grip Pullups-4 sets
Close Grip Pulldowns-3 sets
Medium Grip Pulldowns-3 sets

Back Thickness-
Hammer Strength High Rows-3 sets
Hammer Strength Low Rows-3 sets
Seated Cable Rows or DB Rows-3 sets

Rear Delts-
Reverse Flyes-4 sets

Traps-
Hammer Strength-5 sets
Seated-3 sets
Behind the Back-3 sets


Sat:OFF

Sun:OFF

I have been doing a morning and evening cardio session consisting of 45 minutes low intensity. I am thinking for my second session on my off days using moderate intensity instead of low to help burn some extra calories.

Once again Ronnie if anything is not right here please correct me!!


"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed

Last edited by matt20; 05-03-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
recarp82's Avatar
recarp82 is Offline

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough
 
Posts: 4,630
Thanks: 0
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: been in the uk for 3yrs. hove, southern coast
Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 05-03-2009, 08:22 AM

diet and training looks good.looks like verythings goin good.


Controlled labs supps.
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
Ronnie Rowland is Offline
Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold
 
Posts: 540
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default 05-03-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt20 View Post
I am going to be switching to the sts program for the rest of my contest prep. Feel free to make any comments or suggestions throughout this. I have read over the sts cutting section and will be using the diet plan, but with a little less protein since I dont weight as much. Here's the diet

Low Carb Days

Meal 1- 1 egg, 8 whites, 1 cup Oatmeal

Meal 2- 5oz Cooked Chicken, 6 Almonds

Meal 3- 1 Slice Whole Grain Bread, 1 Can Tuna, 2oz chicken
(The can of tuna only has 22g protein, with the chicken I will get 40g)

Workout

Meal 4- 2 Scoops Whey Protein, 1 Banana

Meal 5- 8 oz Salmon or 7 oz London Broil, Salad (Romaine), 2 Tbsp EVO

Meal 6- 2 Scoops Whey or 8oz Tilapia, Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter

High Carb Days-(Wednesday and Saturday)

Meal 1- Add 1/2 Cup Oatmeal

Meal 3- Add 1 Slice whole Grain Bread, 1 Apple

Meal 4- Add 1 Banana

My class schedule will change next week, so I might start working out a little earlier in the day. If I do then I will just move my meals to look like this

Meal 1- Pro-Carbs
Meal 2- Pro-Carbs
Workout
Meal 3- Pro-Carbs
Meal 4- Pro-Fats
Meal 5- Pro-Fats
Meal 6- Pro-Fats

Ronnie if you see this and something does not look right just let me know!!
Looks good to me.


Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
Ronnie Rowland is Offline
Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold
 
Posts: 540
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default 05-03-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt20 View Post
Also my training split will be a 4 day instead of 5. I will be using the blast. I'm ready to get going on monday! Here is the breakdown of it. I will be doing a deload after 2-4 Weeks depending on energy and recovery.

Monday:
Chest-
15 Degree Incline DB Press-4 sets 8-10 reps
15 Degree Decline Barbell Press- 4 sets
DB Flyes-4 sets

Biceps-
Seated DB Curls-4 sets
Preacher Curls-4 sets(I might use cable curls instead because I have never really got much out of preacher curls)
DB Hammer Curls-4 sets

Forearms-
Wrist Curls-4 sets
Reverse Curls-4 sets


Tuesday:
Calves-
Donkey Calf Machine-3 sets
Standing Calf-3 sets
Seated-3 sets

Quads-
Front Squats-4 sets
Vertical Leg Press,Barbell Hack Squats, or Smith Machine Lunges(Can't decide)-4 sets
Leg Ext-4 sets

Hammies-
Lying Leg Curls-3 sets
Standing-3 sets
Stiff Leg Deadlifts on Hack Squat-3 sets


Wed: OFF


Thursday:
Shoulders-
DB Press-4 sets
Side Laterals-4 sets

Triceps-
Close Grip Bench-4 sets
Dips-4 sets
Pushdown-4 sets


Friday:

Back Width-
Wide Grip Pullups-4 sets
Close Grip Pulldowns-3 sets
Medium Grip Pulldowns-3 sets

Back Thickness-
Hammer Strength High Rows-3 sets
Hammer Strength Low Rows-3 sets
Seated Cable Rows or DB Rows-3 sets

Rear Delts-
Reverse Flyes-4 sets

Traps-
Hammer Strength-5 sets
Seated-3 sets
Behind the Back-3 sets


Sat:OFF

Sun:OFF

I have been doing a morning and evening cardio session consisting of 45 minutes low intensity. I am thinking for my second session on my off days using moderate intensity instead of low to help burn some extra calories.

Once again Ronnie if anything is not right here please correct me!!
I would deload for 1 week after every 3-4 weeks of reloading. I also agree with your concept of doing moderate intensity cardio on off days.


Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
matt20's Avatar
matt20 is Offline
Moderator
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future
 
Posts: 3,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default 05-03-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
I would deload for 1 week after every 3-4 weeks of reloading. I also agree with your concept of doing moderate intensity cardio on off days.
Sounds good, thanks Ronnie!


"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
RoaringMad Mac's Avatar
RoaringMad Mac is Offline
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute
 
Posts: 14,041
Thanks: 6
Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Margaret Alabama
Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 05-04-2009, 09:56 AM

Looking forward to really seeing this thing come forth.


FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
matt20's Avatar
matt20 is Offline
Moderator
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future
 
Posts: 3,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default 05-04-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recarp82 View Post
diet and training looks good.looks like verythings goin good.
Thanks! Everything seems to be on schedule


"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
matt20's Avatar
matt20 is Offline
Moderator
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future
 
Posts: 3,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default 05-04-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
Looking forward to really seeing this thing come forth.
Thanks! Me too


"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
matt20's Avatar
matt20 is Offline
Moderator
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future
 
Posts: 3,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default 05-04-2009, 11:10 AM

Yesterday I did 45 minutes low intensity cardio in the morning and 35 minutes moderate intensity with a 10 minutes cool down in the afternoon. I lost 2lbs this past week. If I lose that much again I might add some more fat in my diet. I am really liking the changes made to my diet though. I am not feeling hungry all the time on this diet. I was worried about not being able to get into contest shape, but feel like with the changes made I will be able to. I will get some updated pics at about 8 weeks out.


"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
matt20's Avatar
matt20 is Offline
Moderator
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future
 
Posts: 3,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default 05-04-2009, 07:11 PM

Great pumps today! I am getting very vascular in the upper body. My legs seem to be coming around pretty slow though.

Low Incline DB Press-85x10,95x10,95x8,95x6(Should have used 90s)

Hammer Strength Incline-200x9,200x8,180x9,180x8(This was harder than I thought it would be)

Flat DB Flyes-55x10,60x10,65x9,65x8

Barbell Curls-95x10,95x10,95x10,95x8

Hammer Strength Preacher Curl-90x10,90x10,90x8,80x10

Modified 1 Arm Hammer DB Curl-40x10,40x10,40x9,35x10

45 Minutes Cardio pwo and in the am


"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
Reply With Quote
Legs
(#12)
Old
matt20's Avatar
matt20 is Offline
Moderator
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future
 
Posts: 3,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default Legs - 05-05-2009, 07:03 PM

This workout sucked on low carbs, I am really looking forward to the high carb day tomorrow! Still really good pumps though.

Donkey Calf Machine-100x10,120x10,130x9

Standing Calves-4 plates per side x10,5x10,5x10

Seated Calves-140x10,160x10,160x8

Smith Machine Front Squats-225x10,235x10,245x10,255x10

Barbell Hack Squats-225x10,245x10,275x10,275x8

Leg Ext-150x10,160x10,160x10,170x8

Lying Leg Curls-100x10,100x10,110x8(I used a plate load machine and it was definetly harder)

Standing Leg Curls-44x10,55x10,55x8

Stiff Leg Deadlifts on Hack Squat-180x10,200x10,230x10

2 sets of medicine ball situp, Leg Raises, and Decline twists


"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
matt20's Avatar
matt20 is Offline
Moderator
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future
 
Posts: 3,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default 05-06-2009, 10:29 AM

I did 45 minutes low inensity cardio this morning and I will do another session this evening with moderate inensity. I am losing weight a little faster, so I will add some more fat back into my diet.

I tweaked my shoulder yesterday and it is still a little sore today. I am training at a different gym and was using their smith machine for my front squats. I think it was the first smith machine ever made haha. Real Old school. Anyways I was having trouble with it actually unlocking and I twisted my shoulder on last set trying to unlock it. The pain went away for the most part, but when I woke up this morning it was sore. I Hope it is not my rotator cuff! I am going to put some ice on it and rest it, Luckily today is an off day. When I go to do my evening cardio session I might do some really light external and internal roatation exercises.


"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
RoaringMad Mac's Avatar
RoaringMad Mac is Offline
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute
 
Posts: 14,041
Thanks: 6
Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Margaret Alabama
Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 05-06-2009, 11:51 AM

old machines are torture equipment. Hope it feels better.


FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
matt20's Avatar
matt20 is Offline
Moderator
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future
 
Posts: 3,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default 05-06-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
old machines are torture equipment. Hope it feels better.
Thanks Mac, I dont think it is anything serious.


"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
onetiredkris's Avatar
onetiredkris is Offline
The Riot!
Moderator
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all
 
Posts: 5,320
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Hollywood, California
Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 05-06-2009, 01:42 PM

ditto on hoping the shoulder issue is nothing.

sometimes i just want to bring a can of WD40 with me to the gym.
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
matt20's Avatar
matt20 is Offline
Moderator
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future
 
Posts: 3,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default 05-07-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
ditto on hoping the shoulder issue is nothing.

sometimes i just want to bring a can of WD40 with me to the gym.
Thanks kris


"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
Reply With Quote
Shoulders,Triceps
(#18)
Old
matt20's Avatar
matt20 is Offline
Moderator
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future
 
Posts: 3,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default Shoulders,Triceps - 05-07-2009, 07:05 PM

Plate Load Press-180x10,180x10,200x10,200x10

Machine Side Laterals-70x10,90x10,100x10,100x10

Close Grip Bench Press-185x10,205x10,225x10,225x10 (Used smith machine to be safe)

Dip Machine-190x10,210x10,230x10,230x10

Rope Pushdowns-100x9,100x8,90x10,90x8

I did not have any pain during the workout. Just a little sore afterwards. If I can get through my back workout with no problems then the two days off should finish healing up my shoulder.

Also 45 minutes cardio in am and pwo


"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
Reply With Quote
(#19)
Old
matt20's Avatar
matt20 is Offline
Moderator
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future
 
Posts: 3,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default 05-07-2009, 07:11 PM

Here is a quick pic to be able to judge my progrss. Feeling hungry and in need of some pizza haha. According to calipers my bodyfat is 8%. I am guessing that is ok for almost 9 weeks out(Not sure).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 113.jpg (182.6 KB, 30 views)


"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
Reply With Quote
(#20)
Old
Ronnie Rowland's Avatar
Ronnie Rowland is Offline
Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold
 
Posts: 540
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default 05-07-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt20 View Post
Here is a quick pic to be able to judge my progrss. Feeling hungry and in need of some pizza haha. According to calipers my bodyfat is 8%. I am guessing that is ok for almost 9 weeks out(Not sure).
Feeling hungry for pizza eh? That makes two of us, no make that three of us, I forgot about Kathy. True story here-today a dominos pizza deliver car paased me while on my way to the gym. This is no lie, I could actually smell the pizza and I don't particulary care that much for dominos. I told Kathy and she just laughed.

I think you are right on schedule matt! I would try to lose around 1 pound per week from here on out. How much are you weighing in that pic?

Your abs are looking great! Try to get some shots of your mandatory poses for us to see!


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com