IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page The "Slingshot Training System" 8 week mass gain program. With weekly progress pics!
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

(#41)
Old
crispyarmy21 is on a distinguished road

Default 03-12-2008, 05:28 PM

So am I unstanding this right?......I (not a pro body builder, just an average joe wanting to pack on muscle) can use the slingshot program year round and don't have to be "chemically enhanced" to do it?

Where can i find some clarification on exactly what isolated exercises are?, compounds, etc? and some of the lingo used too.

And maybe some examples of good diets.

Basically, I'm new to this and only have some knowledge on the subject, read Arnold's encyclopedia to bodybuilding, and been lifting for about 8 months, that's the extent of my experience. Thanks in advance for any help.
(#42)
Old
realworksuks is on a distinguished road

Default 03-12-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyarmy21 View Post
So am I unstanding this right?......I (not a pro body builder, just an average joe wanting to pack on muscle) can use the slingshot program year round and don't have to be "chemically enhanced" to do it?

Where can i find some clarification on exactly what isolated exercises are?, compounds, etc? and some of the lingo used too.

Basically, I'm new to this and only have some knowledge on the subject, read Arnold's encyclopedia to bodybuilding, and been lifting for about 8 months, that's the extent of my experience. Thanks in advance for any help.
Well I am certainly not a pro bodybuilder either, and i'm not using any steroids or anything.

This is a pretty advanced program, though, I've been lifting for a little over a year and a half consistently, but I've been in the weight room quite a lot before then. With only 8 months of lifting pretty much anything should work for you.

Take a look at the 3 day a week slingshot program and see if you like it.

That's just my 2 cents.
(#43)
Old
Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold

Default 03-12-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyarmy21 View Post

You do not need steroids with Slingshot Training!

Provide me with your training experience in the STS QUESTION section and I will gladly give you my input on which split would work best for you. It's quite possible you might be a candidate for the beginner (8 week blast) that I plan to have Tyler Lawson use.

(#44)
Old

Default 03-14-2008, 04:33 PM

Had another great workout today. Was arm day today.

It's really great, I went up in all of my lifts in one way or another. It is really great tracking workouts like this and trying to improve every time you are in the gym.

Before I would basically just lift the same damn weight every session, occasionally upping it when it was too easy... but now I force myself to improve every time, I love it... and it's great feeling the results.

I am only three days away from the blast portion of the program where I will be increasing the volume a lot and also increasing food a lot too.

I haven't been doing a very great job during the prime, though, with regards to the nutrition. I am suppose to be in a calorie defecit, do cardio, and avoid saturated fats and high GI carbs.

I am doing a good job in all of the above areas except the calorie defecit, I am just NOT in the mood for losing weight right now and I hate restricting calories. So I have still been eating in a surplus mostly every day. My goal is mass right now!

I bought some supplements yesterday, bought 7 pounds of protein, 5 whey and 2 casein, I haven't ever tried casein so I am looking forward to using it. I also bought some NO Shotgun, one of those nitrous oxide products.... I am not expecting much from it but I want to see what it's like anyway.

kind of off topic:

For some reason I started getting headaches about three days ago, I wake up in the middle of the night and ugh. I don't know what's causing it, but I decided to stop chewing gum for a while, maybe it's the aspartame.
(#45)
Old

Default 03-17-2008, 04:30 PM

I started the second phase of the program today... the high volume blast phase.

I decided to get my bodyfat checked after all today. I gained 3 pounds of fat this time in 3 weeks. That's just crazy, it usually would have taken me 3 months to gain that much fat but it only took 3 weeks this time. Kinda depressing, but I guess I was just eating way too much. I think when I got off the keto diet 3 weeks ago that I gained a lot of fat back right away there too... started eating carbs too quickly I think. So, I am at 11.3% according to the tests now. I'll watch my calories a little more from now on.. I wasn't even recording what I ate for most of these last 3 weeks... and since I was doing very low volume training I didn't gain any muscle like at all.

Ok, so enough of that, my workout was awesome today!

excluding warm ups:

Bench 175 X 10
195 X 4
Bench 175 X 10
Bench 175 X 8
165 X 8 (was going for at least 12 but ran out of gas)

DB pec fly's
30 X 10
30 X 8
30 X 8
30 X 7
25 X 10

Was wiped after this chest workout, huge pump.

Smith machine calf raises
185 X 10
235 X 10
220 X 10
225 X 10
225 X 10

Was trying to find a weight that worked well, I will probably just keep increasing it 5 pounds each week from here.

Leg press calf raises
100 x 10
130 X 10
145 X 10
145 X 10
160 X 8

This is a really awkward way to work your calves, it's not a leg sled, but a really odd leg press machine, it doesn't work well at all but I can't think of another angle to hit my calves at...so I dunno.

This workout was awesome though, I was digging real deep on those last sets of the pec fly's and bench press.
(#46)
Old

Default 03-18-2008, 07:33 PM

So today was an awesome workout, I can finally see why people don't recommend deadlifts and squats in the same workout. I never have lifted as heavy as I have on the deadlift before.

So here's the workout!

Back day

Deadlifts
190 X 8
225 X 4 (heavy set)
185 X 7

Damn, this was freaking awesome, kicked my ass!

Pullups
7 (heavy set) wore the belt with a chain on it for added weight, will start adding weight every week

Bent arm pullovers
Twisty bar plus 27.5 on each side X 8
32.5 X 4 (heavy set)
30 X 6
27.5 X 8
27.5 X 7

I don't understand these... I can't feel them working my back at all. Feels more tricep, but not much there either.

Bent over rows
100 X 10
120 X 5 (heavy set)
105 X 8
110 X 6
110 X 7

Was having trouble keeping my lower back arched.. kept seeing it round.

"seated compound rows"
150 X 10
150 X 10
160 X 8
(#47)
Old

Default 03-19-2008, 07:41 PM

Today's workout really fried my shoulders.

here is it:

Seated DB shoulder press
45's X 10 (felt great!)
55 X 4 (heavy set, got some help on the 3rd and 4th reps)
45 X 8
45 X 8
35 X 12

This was damn great, pretty much maximal effort... awesome! Will be tough to improve this next time.

Unilateral side lateral dumbell raises
15's X 10
20's X 4 (cheated like hell to get these up, wish we had 17.5's)
15 X 12
15 X 10
20 X 2 and 15 X 10

Man, I wish we had 17.5's here, I can do the 15's easy but I can't get the 20's.

Rear Delt machine
50 X 10 (good form)
55 X 10 (poor form on last few reps)
50 X 10 (poor form on reps 7-10)

Standing Dumbell shoulder shrugs
80's X 10
80 X 10
80 X 10 (left hand's grip started to slip right around here...)
80 X 10
80 X 10

Damn, if not for my left hand's grip this would have been easier, but it kept wanting to slip.

This was a huge shoulder workout, definitely never done this much work just for the shoulders. After the seated DB presses my shoulders were already really worked, after the first set of the lateral raises they were fried.
(#48)
Old

Default 03-20-2008, 07:18 PM

Well if this workout won't make my arms grow I don't know what will. Today was arm day and I have never done this much work for my arms in a single session ever.

Here's the workout:

seated DB curls on a 45 degree angle incline bench
35 X 8
40 X 2 (couldn't finish any more) 35 X 6
35 X 6
30 X 10

Preacher Curls
Twisty bar plus 22.5 on each side X 8
same X 8
same X 8
same X 8

Standing Hammer Curls
40 X 2, meh, dropped to 35 X 6
35 X 8
35 X 7

tricep presses with twisty bar lying on bench
twisty bar plus 25 on each side X 8
same X 8
same X 4 and failed, dropped weight to 20's on each side and did 10
22.5's X 8
22.5's X 8

Tricep pressdown on cable machine
110 X 10
115 X 8
115 X 9
115 X 8
115 X 9

Man, what a huge pump today. I improved on all of my lifts from last time and it was just a great, huge workout. I am looking forward to leg day tommorrow. I got my new supplements today so I am going to see what my NO product does for my workout.
(#49)
Old
robbhensel is on a distinguished road

Default 03-21-2008, 03:08 PM

Nice workouts bro, I am loving this program too. Keep it!
(#50)
Old

Default 03-24-2008, 10:19 PM

Two workouts in one cuz I lost one of em, here they are:

Today’s workout was awesome, first time using a NO product and from what I can tell there was no difference, I didn’t notice anything… but I did only use half a scoop. I will try using it again probably on back day.

Anyway here it is:

Squat
115 X 10 (easy baby!)
140 X 6 (much tougher)
125 X 8
125 X 8
130 X 10 (all in the mind baby, all in the mind)

Leg Extensions
120 X 12
130 X 12
140 X 10
150 X 10
150 X 10

Last few reps on the 150’s weren’t full range of motion, ran out of gas.

Stiff Legged Deadlifts
165 X 10
175 X 10
175 X 8

Man, this put enormous pressure on my back, I bet it was rounding… I will have to get a video of that ASAP. Do you guys feel lots of pressure on your back with that lift?

Lying leg curls
70 X 9
80 X 6
70 X 9
70 X 10
60 X 15

Workout was great, definitely felt my quads getting worked, not as much with the hams though. I expect some results with this type of workout for legs. I think they will come.

Next time I will up the weight on the squats for sure, and try to improve everything else in some way as well.

Light weight baby!

Today’s workout was pretty mass, got some nice improvements on my bench. Here it is:

Bench Press:
180 X 8
200 X 4
180 X 9
180 X 6
160 X 12

Pec Fly’s
30 X 10
30 X 10
30 X 9
30 X 7
25 X 11

Standing Calf raises
235 X 10
235 X 10
235 X 10
235 X 10
235 X 10

Seated Calf Raises
150 X 10
150 X 12
155 X 15
160 X 12
160 X 12

I know I can up the weight on the bench press to 185, but I might have to stay there for a while. I will try to use 35’s on the pec fly’s next time and I can up the weights for the calf raises.

I ate like a fatass over Easter and after my post workout shake I weighed 182! That’s pretty bad considering I was only 173 on Friday after my workout.

Last edited by realworksuks; 03-24-2008 at 10:28 PM.
(#51)
Old

Default 03-25-2008, 07:21 PM

Back day today. Definitely my most intense day of the week.

It was a great workout, huge pump, lifts improved from last time a lot. I am not sure if that had anything to do with using a full scoop of NO Shotgun, I never even thought about that until I was halfway through the workout that maybe it was helping me.

Here is the workout:

Deadlifts
195 X 10
235 X 6
195 X 10

Wow, my lower back was pumped up! It was painful to even bend over after I was done. I will take a video of myself doing a heavy deadlift this Friday and see if I am doing it correctly.

Weighted pullups
belt plus 5 X 10
belt plus 10 X 7
belt plus 5 X 8
belt plus 5 X 8
belt plus 5 X 8

I have never done weighted pullups before for straight sets, so this was great. I know I can keep upping this for a while, will add 2.5 each week until the end.

Pullovers
twisty bar plus 20 X 10
twisty bar plus 22.5 X 10
twisty bar plus 22.5 X 8

I think I got the form down on this lift finally...

Bent over barbell rows
105 X 10
125 X 6
105 X 10
105 X 8
95 X 15

I was suppose to do only 3 sets but I forgot until I was done with the workout.

Compound Rows
160 X 10
160 X 10
160 X 10

Ab work (bunch of crunches, reverse crunches, ab wheel, etc.)

Great workout, I am definitely getting bigger. I measured my arm after my workout and it was 14.75 inches... that could also have something to do with being pumped up and from NO Shotgun. So far I love the program. It's great trying to constantly improve something each workout, shoulder day tommorrow.
(#52)
Old

Default 03-26-2008, 03:53 PM

Yo, another great workout! I am very curious to know what caused my massive leap in strength this week. I am wondering if it is because I haven't ever done a program like this and my muscles grew a lot stronger because of it, or if NO Shotgun has something to do with it? Either way, there is no doubt that I lifted heavier weights with ease this time and improved!

Here's the workout:

DB seated shoulder press:
45's X 14
55's X 5 (heavy set) last rep my left arm was lagging and got had a spotter help.
50's X 6
45 X 11
35 X 14

All sets were to good failure, felt freaking awesome!

Side DB lateral raises:
20 X 8
20 X 8
20 X 5, 15 X 7
20 X 8
15 X 17

Last week I had to use all momentum to get these up... things went much better this time, I could actually keep good form with the 20's, awesome.

Rear Delt Machine:

55 X 8
55 X 8
50 X 12

Kept better form than last time, but this didn't improve as much as my other lifts.

DB Standing Shrugs:
80's X 15
80's X 15
80's X 15
80's X 15
80's X 14 (left hand's grip slipped)

My grip was much better than last time and this was a lot easier. I paused for a moment at the top of the shrug. Since I can't move up in weight anymore (because this is as heavy the DB's that we have) I will pause longer at the top, hold the shrug longer next time.

It was an awesome workout.

I forgot to mention that I did 4 sets of leg press and 3 sets of hamstring curls. I wanted to get some extra leg work in because I last worked them on Friday and I won't be working them again until Saturday, so I figure this would be a good time to put in some extra work. I am aware of overtraining, so I won't be doing this again probably, it's just that easter messed up my schedule a bit.
(#53)
Old

Default 03-28-2008, 02:26 PM

I have been waiting for this day for a long time. I was lifting and could tell that I have been getting bigger, I got home and measured my arms and they were 15 inches! Here is a picture! I am so excited! That's from 14.25 to 15 in about 2 weeks

(#54)
Old

Default 03-28-2008, 02:27 PM

Everything is going great with this program..! such awesome intense workouts, I love it.

I changed a lot of things so I am not sure what is mostly responsible for the gains I have been making.

I started drinking 3 cups of milk with my PWO shake, started NO Shotgun, and also obviously changed my program drastically. Not sure what is mostly responsibile for the gains...

Anyway! Awesome workout today, huge pump, made lots of increases in my lifts, felt great.

Seated Incline DB curls:
35 X 10
40 X 3 (left arm died, right could have done more reps) 35 X 5
35 X 7 (left arm died again..)
30 X 8

Was pumped up a lot after this!

Preacher Curls with Twisty bar:
twisty bar plus 25 on each side X 8 (all I had)
twisty bar plus 25 on each side X 9 (used momentum on last rep)
twisty bar plus 25 on each side X 8
twisty bar plus 25 on each side X 7

All sets were done to good failure.

DB hammer curls:
35's X 5 (man was so tired starting out)
35's X 4 30 X 2 (wow, was beat)
25 X 11 (my left arm was really dying out, my right arm could have done many more reps)

One hell of a bicep workout!

Lying Tricep Extensions:
Twisty bar plus 25's on each side X 10 (was pretty easy!)
twisty bar plus 27.5 on each side X 8 (perfect)
twisty bar plus 27.5 on each side X 8
twisty bar plus 27.5 on each side X 7
twisty bar plus 25 on each side X 7 (out of gas)

Tricep Pressdowns (cable machine):
120 X 7 (failed on rep 8
120 X 8 (failed on rep 9
120 X 10
120 X 10 (very slow and concentrated reps, focused on feeling the muscle contract)
120 X 10 (same as above)

One hell of an arm workout, huge pump, just felt awesome..... love it.

Came home and had 1.5 scoops of whey, 3 cups of skim milk, 6 servings of dextrose, one banana, 1 BCAA serving and 10g creatine.
(#55)
Old

Default 03-29-2008, 04:04 PM

Somebody at the weight room stole my water bottle and workout journal today!

I went to the bathroom when I got to the gym and left my notebook and plastic water bottle on a table.

When I got out of the bathroom my water bottle had disappeared........ I thought maybe I had left it in the car.

So I left my shoes and notebook on that table and ran out to my car.... when I got back my notebook was gone!!!

I went and asked some security guards that were sitting nearby and they said there was some kids running around that might have taken it..... grrrr!

I am lucky I have been tracking my workouts online too!
(#56)
Old

Default 03-29-2008, 04:04 PM

Since I didn't have my workout journal with me today I have no idea where I was at last week, I am looking here at my workout today and I made some very nice improvements!

This was my old workout: My new workout is on the right in bold

Squat
115 X 10 (easy baby!) 135 X 10
140 X 6 (much tougher) 160 X 6 heavy set
125 X 8 135 X 10
125 X 8 140 X 8
130 X 10 (all in the mind baby, all in the mind) 140 X 8

Leg Extensions
120 X 12 150 X 10
130 X 12 160 X 10
140 X 10 170 X 10
150 X 10 170 X 10
150 X 10 170 X 10

Stiff Legged Deadlifts
165 X 10 180 X 8
175 X 10 180 X 8
175 X 8 180 X 10

Lying leg curls
70 X 9 70 X 10
80 X 6 80 X 7
70 X 9 70 X 9
70 X 10 70 X 10
60 X 15 70 X 10

I am glad I upped my weight on the squats quite a bit! I really love NO Shotgun, it really gets me in a great lifting state...
Impressive
(#57)
Old
Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold

Thumbs up Impressive - 03-29-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realworksuks View Post
I have been waiting for this day for a long time. I was lifting and could tell that I have been getting bigger, I got home and measured my arms and they were 15 inches! Here is a picture! I am so excited! That's from 14.25 to 15 in about 2 weeks

Impressive to say the least....Keep up the good work..

(#58)
Old

Default 03-30-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
Impressive to say the least....Keep up the good work..
Thanks Ronnie!

Just an off day today. If it weren't for the CNS and overtraining I would work out every day!
(#59)
Old

Default 03-31-2008, 02:38 PM

Well today I got my bodyfat tested again... not happy with the results either.

I gained a lot of fat around my abdomen and jumped another % from 11.3 to 12.2%... I gained 2.4 pounds of lean mass and 2.1 pounds of fat over a two weeks period.... that's not an acceptable ratio for me so I have concluded to drop my calories by 500, I won't go over 3300 on training days and I won't go over 2800 on non training days. Hopefully this will make my fat gains less than half a pound every 2 weeks...

I was kind of testing something... I see some people can eat 4000-6000 calories and gain basically all lean mass, unfortunately I learned I am not one of those people, I gain fat easier.

So anyway, that's a new change of pace for me, I think I will reduce some of my red meat consumption in place of chicken and fish...

I am not OVERLY concerned about the fat gain because I plan to cut during the entire summer, I will be playing golf at least 4 times per week carrying my golf bag on my back, plus lifting and working a full time job AND a part time job, so it would be tough to GAIN weight in those types of conditions, I would have to carry food with me everywhere... ha.
(#60)
Old

Default 03-31-2008, 02:42 PM

Start of Week 3 of the blast phase

Chest day:

For some reason I wasn't as pumped up and ready to go as most sessions... I made the most of it, though, and improved on all of my lifts.

Bench Press:
185 X 10
205 X 5 (Heavy set, last rep assisted slightly)
185 X 8
185 X 7
165 X 11

DB pec fly's
35's X 8
35 X 8
35 X 4 30 X 4
30 X 10
25 X 13

Standing Calf Raises on the Smithmachine
245 X 10
245 X 10
295 X 8 (heavy set)
255 X 8
255 X 12 (pretty junky reps after rep 8, sloppy)

Seated Calf Raises:
160 X 10
165 X 10
165 X 10
170 X 10
170 X 15

Thoughts: I increased my bench press by 5 pounds for every set and increased the reps for most sets... I can't wait to try 190 for 3 sets in the 8-10 rep range.... I can do it. And also upping my heavy set to 210... gonna be sweet.

I increased the pec fly's by 5 pounds but had to drop the reps by 2 because of that... next time I think I will just add more eccentric time and try to get a couple more reps... don't think I am ready to start using 40's for fly's.

I increased the calf raises by 10 pounds and then 20, went fine.

And the seated calf raises I increased by 10 pounds.

I am ready to lift some heavy ass deadlifts tommorrow!