IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page Antihero's STS Log
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

(#41)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 02-22-2008, 11:24 PM

yeah 10. ronnie says 12 is the MAX, but he doesnt do that many unless he's cutting

On arms i personally dont feel right with two exercises, so i switched it to(three sets of bis three sets of tris) with the primary= 5 work sets
secondary = 4 work sets and then a third exercise with 3 work sets. total of 12
(#42)
Old
Banned
antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future

Send a message via AIM to antihero
Default 02-22-2008, 11:34 PM

that might be what i end up doing with all my bodyparts (i'd like ronnies opinion on that though).

i was feeling pretty fuckin beastly last night, so i figure i'll throw in here that i tried and completed (with very strict form)

barbell curls - 75x3 & 85x1

if that keeps up, ill be out of pre made/racked bars to curl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
yeah 10. ronnie says 12 is the MAX, but he doesnt do that many unless he's cutting

On arms i personally dont feel right with two exercises, so i switched it to(three sets of bis three sets of tris) with the primary= 5 work sets
secondary = 4 work sets and then a third exercise with 3 work sets. total of 12
(#43)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 02-23-2008, 12:29 AM

Exactly, 10 working set per bodypart. But now need at this time to do supersets. I mean you will get an awesome pump but save that for now.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#44)
Old
Banned
antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future

Default 02-23-2008, 01:11 AM

WHAT? mac, what are you trying to say, i cant even bullldoz through this one this time...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
Exactly, 10 working set per bodypart. But now need at this time to do supersets. I mean you will get an awesome pump but save that for now.
(#45)
Old
Banned

Default 02-23-2008, 05:46 AM

Friday - 2/22
Hack Squats - 90x10, 180x8, 270x4, 180x10, 90x12
Leg Press - 180x12, 270x10, 360x8
Leg Extensions - 40x12, 50x12
Lying Leg Curls - 80x12, 80x12
Standing Leg Curls - 70x12, 70x12
Standing Calve Raise - 260x12, 280x10, 300x8

*I increased my hack, so im pretty happy about that.
(#46)
Old
Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold

Default 02-23-2008, 09:18 AM

Antihero, I think you will do better with 10 sets and only 2 exercises per body part at this juncture. Wait until you get used to the higher volume training before progressing to 12 sets. Also, 8 sets for lat width (2 exercises) and 8 sets for back thickness (2 exercises) will suffice right now.

(#47)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 02-23-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
Antihero, I think you will do better with 10 sets and only 2 exercises per body part at this juncture. Wait until you get used to the higher volume training before progressing to 12 sets. Also, 8 sets for lat width (2 exercises) and 8 sets for back thickness (2 exercises) will suffice right now.

Ronnie would you comment on the superset issue. On what you told me about supersetting triceps and biceps together. Since that is what I always did and you told me to stop doing it.

(#48)
Old
Banned

Default 02-23-2008, 04:30 PM

your probably right, i've always stayed closer to the low volume end of the spectrum, so ill keep it like that right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
(#49)
Old
Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold

Default 02-23-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Ronnie would you comment on the superset issue. On what you told me about supersetting triceps and biceps together. Since that is what I always did and you told me to stop doing it.

Supersets are hard on the CNS because you are moving fast between sets. Researchers from Truman State University (Kirksville Missouri) investigated whether the amount of rest taken between sets had an impact on the immune system/CNS.

Here's a quote of what they found: "Nine male college students performed two workouts of 10 sets of 10 reps of the leg press, resting either 1 minute or 3 minutes between sets. They found that the one-minute rest periods caused more strain on the subjects immune systems compared to 3-minute rest periods".

The graphs shown in this article suggest that higher-intensity training techniques by way of shortening rest periods by only 2 minutes increases strain on the immune by an extra 60% on the Lymphocytes scale and 40% on the Monocytes scale. . Now just imagine how much more of an an increase you would get by using beyond failure techniques!!!!!!!

Regardless of what anyone claims, no ones body does well moving rapidly between sets or pushing beyond failure. It's just not as effective for increasing weight load-range and workload capacity as common power-lifting fundamentals. If so, every power-lifter and strongman on the face the planet would be using beyond failure training techniques adn super sets instead of straight sets and we know that’s not the case.

When over-training of the CNS occurs you are exhausting all the neurotransmitters in the nerves so that now they have trouble telling the muscles how to contract with optimum efficiency!

After each subsequent set that follows the first work set, the type-1 fibers tire out earlier in the set and the type 2 fibers that are most responsible for giving you muscle size-strength take over the load for longer periods of time. By the time you have done only 2-3 intense sets, the endurance fibers are shutting down much earlier in the set and it's mostly the type-2 fibers lifting the weight. This is why volume training works well for pro-bodybuilders. The type-2 fibers must be made to adapt to lift more weight for longer periods of time in order to grow larger. In order to accomplish this feat, you must handle heavier weights over time. By training each bodypart only once a week with straight sets will produce the most size gains with the least amount of effort while sparing the joints and central nervous system.

In final, using super sets pumps the muscle but will hold back strength gains-hence not hit the type-2 fibers with great efficiency because your CNS will fatigue during a high volume blast..

Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 02-23-2008 at 06:24 PM.
(#50)
Old
Banned

Default 02-27-2008, 12:18 AM

Monday - 2/25
Dumbbell Bench Press - 45's x 12, 55's x 10, 65's x 4, 65's x 4, 55's x 8
Hammer Incline Press - 90x12, 180x10, 230x6
Pec-Dec - 40x12, 50x10, 60x10

Standing Calve Raises - 240x12, 260x10, 280x8
Seated Calve Raises - 90x12, 105x10, 115x8

*Great workout
** PR on pressing the 65's for 2 sets of 4 reps each
***PR on hammer incline at 230x6
(#51)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 02-27-2008, 01:20 AM

Great job on the PR's!!

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD
(#52)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 02-27-2008, 03:10 PM

Yep, congrats on the PR's bro! Keep at it!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

Last edited by RickB; 02-27-2008 at 05:48 PM.
(#53)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 02-27-2008, 03:15 PM

Good job, Can't wait to see you pumping those 100's

(#54)
Old
Banned

Default 02-27-2008, 05:44 PM

that makes two of us. i just can't wait to get back on the scale on sunday and see where im sitting. hopefully ill be up another 5lbs.

Quote:
Good job, Can't wait to see you pumping those 100's
(#55)
Old
ashley willcox has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via MSN to ashley willcox
Default 02-27-2008, 08:12 PM

great work with the prs

2010 is my year
we are what we pratice
prime
week one
week two
blast
week one
week two
(#56)
Old
Banned

Default 02-27-2008, 10:17 PM

thnx man...you should be start STS in a week or two, you'll be keeping a log in here right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley willcox View Post
great work with the prs
(#57)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 02-27-2008, 10:21 PM

he better.

(#58)
Old
Banned

Default 02-27-2008, 10:23 PM

or what, your gonna run after him? he could just ride a scooter away. lol.

Quote:
he better.
(#59)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 02-27-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antihero View Post
or what, your gonna run after him? he could just ride a scooter away. lol.

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD
(#60)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 02-27-2008, 11:30 PM

Oh your funny. Ha Ha