IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page RoaringMad Mac's Cycle log and diet thread.
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

(#21)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 12-07-2007, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
Handling 135's won't be easy. That decline bench we discussed is sounding better all the time!
Yeah I know I am about to steal the bench at work this week-end. LOL.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#22)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 12-07-2007, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt20 View Post
Mac I'm ready to do this blast with you and throw some heavy ass weight around. Hope your ready!
Believe me I am ready.

Calves,Quads,Hamstrings.
(#23)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Calves,Quads,Hamstrings. - 12-07-2007, 08:09 AM

Standing Calf Raises
warmup
135 for 12
135 for 12
workset
225 for 15

Barbell squats
warm up
225 for 10
315 for 10
work set
405 for 15

Leg Extensions
warm up
50 for 10,8
workset
60 for 15

DB Romanian Deadlift
warmup
50 for 12
workset
70 for 15

Leg curl
work set
60 for 15

Good workout. Like I stated before I think I am going to start doing this in the morning again when I am fresh. More time to not give anyone a chance to fuck my scheduling up. That happens so often in my world lately that the only time I have to work out and do it efficently is in the morning. Only thing on me is getting up early enough to allow myself plenty of time to work out efficiently.

This was the last day of the prime,

I am ready for this Blast. There may be a day somewhere along the way that I will either have to workout out of town but I will be ready for it. Hopefully I will be able to get a solid 4 weeks out of this blast and not have it jeapordized by the holidays. I am not counting on that however. That is why I am working out in the morning since I am at my gym there can be no excuses for missing. I can also do a small cardio afterward on days I don't do legs and the week-ends. I will also be trying to do a cardio at night when I come home 30 minutes spinning the hell out of that bike is not going to hurt me. I have pretty much got it down now about night meals and we just don't eat alot at night. We will see what the New Year brings as well with a possible Keto diet coming my direction, but I am not about to try and serious diet for the rest of the year being the holidays, it just ain't going to happen. I would say that for the rest of the gang here as well. I will eat smart but I am not going to try and make self feel guilty about eating food for the holidays.

Until Next week So long and lets see what this blast brings.

Oh and hummmm Matt Just because I said I am working out in the Morning does not mean if you will be home that will stick. We will see how my schedule is running. Hell, It may do you some good to get up at 5 in the morning. LOL.

(#24)
Old
Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold

Default 12-07-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftonce View Post
Mac I add latex bands to my DBs and anchor then to the floor with a weight.
drift, this brings a whole new meaning to Slingshot Training.

(#25)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 12-07-2007, 02:18 PM

Ronnie did you see that I am getting a Decline Bench.
http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/showth...8489#post68489

(#26)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 12-10-2007, 08:28 AM

I will update today's workout later when I get to work. All I can say is awesome. Note: The weights I did for the sets may not reflect what I can actually do because I am still adjusting to this blast. I will have a better feel for it next week. I can honestly say I truely worked my back today. I actually have a good pump in my lats that is something very hard for me to do.

Back and Traps
(#27)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Back and Traps - 12-10-2007, 11:31 AM

Did not do Rack Deadlifts because My back was already sore and tender from this weekend of Painting. I will add it in next week.

Back width Primary
Lat Pulls
1. 120 for 10
2. 170 for 8
3. 170 for 10
4. 190 for 10
5. 120 for 15

Back width Secondary:
Dumbell one arm Rows
1. 70 for 15
2. 80 for 10
3. 90 for 8

Back Thickness Primary
Barbell Rows
1. 185 for 10
2. 225 for 10
3. 225 for 10 (Messed up on these I should have done that second set heavier.

Back thickness secondary
T-Bar Rows.
1. 145 for 15
2. 170 for 10
3. 195 for 7

Traps: Primary
Dumbell shrugs
1. 70 for 15
2. 90 for 10
3. 100 for 8

Abs:
Three sets of ball crunches til my abs locked up in cramps.

Very good blast. I was happy I was able to do really good secure Tbar rows. This made a big differance in my workout. Next week I will add in the Rack pulls for the overall back thickness.

(#28)
Old
Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold

Wink 12-10-2007, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
Ronnie did you see that I am getting a Decline Bench.
http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/showth...8489#post68489
Yes I did! I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how they nail the chest.

(#29)
Old

Exclamation 12-10-2007, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Did not do Rack Deadlifts because My back was already sore and tender from this weekend of Painting. I will add it in next week.

Back width Primary
Lat Pulls
1. 120 for 10
2. 170 for 8
3. 170 for 10
4. 190 for 10
5. 120 for 15

Back width Secondary:
Dumbell one arm Rows
1. 70 for 15
2. 80 for 10
3. 90 for 8

Back Thickness Primary
Barbell Rows
1. 185 for 10
2. 225 for 10
3. 225 for 10 (Messed up on these I should have done that second set heavier.

Back thickness secondary
T-Bar Rows.
1. 145 for 15
2. 170 for 10
3. 195 for 7

Traps: Primary
Dumbell shrugs
1. 70 for 15
2. 90 for 10
3. 100 for 8

Abs:
Three sets of ball crunches til my abs locked up in cramps.

Very good blast. I was happy I was able to do really good secure Tbar rows. This made a big differance in my workout. Next week I will add in the Rack pulls for the overall back thickness.
Mac, you'll need to do some type of pulldowns or pullovers (not rows) as your secondary lat width exercise!

(#30)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 12-10-2007, 09:36 PM

Ohhhhh.....I see It just hit me like a ton of bricks.

So would it be okay to do Reverse grip pulldowns or just go with pullovers with dumbells.

Chest,Biceps, and Forearms.
(#31)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Chest,Biceps, and Forearms. - 12-11-2007, 08:33 AM

Okay Ronnie how does this look,
I did Decline Press on the powertec press to get used to doing Declines. Took some getting used to but over all I got a really good pump in a different area of my chest. I am waiting to get my Decline Bench to do the Dumbells, they should be here sometime this week or next week. I still wanted to do Incline Dumbell presses but went with the flys and that felt pretty good. Got a super pump in my chest after those.

here goes:
Chest
Primary
Decline PowerTec press
Warm up
135 for 10
work set
1. 275 for 10 to good failure
2. 315 for 6 Heavy set
3. 295 for 10
4. 295 for 10
5. 275 for 15 super pump here. This made it worth while.

Secondary
Dumbell Incline Fly
1.50 for 10
2.50 for 10
3. 60 for 8

Primary Bicep
Incline Dumbell curls
1. 30 for 10
2. 50 for 6 heavy set ( went a little to heavy for this movement)
3. 40 for 8
4. 40 for 7

Secondary:
One arm preacher Curls on PowerTec
1. 40 for 10
2. 40 for 8
3. 40 for 6 Got my arms blew the hell up

Primary
Hammer Curls
1. 40 for 11
2. 40 for for 8
3. 50 for 7

Okay hope this looks alright, I realize this first blast will have some mistakes in it so let me know. Felt good to go Volume again and really feel a good pump.

LoL. Measured my biceps after the workout and they both were 21 inches pumped.

(#32)
Old

Default 12-11-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Ohhhhh.....I see It just hit me like a ton of bricks.

So would it be okay to do Reverse grip pulldowns or just go with pullovers with dumbells.
You would want to go with close grip pulldown (palms facing each others) or bent are pullovers. Bent arm pullovers on your new "decline bench" will fry the lats!

(#33)
Old

Default 12-11-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Okay Ronnie how does this look,
I did Decline Press on the powertec press to get used to doing Declines. Took some getting used to but over all I got a really good pump in a different area of my chest. I am waiting to get my Decline Bench to do the Dumbells, they should be here sometime this week or next week. I still wanted to do Incline Dumbell presses but went with the flys and that felt pretty good. Got a super pump in my chest after those.

here goes:
Chest
Primary
Decline PowerTec press
Warm up
135 for 10
work set
1. 275 for 10 to good failure
2. 315 for 6 Heavy set
3. 295 for 10
4. 295 for 10
5. 275 for 15 super pump here. This made it worth while.

Secondary
Dumbell Incline Fly
1.50 for 10
2.50 for 10
3. 60 for 8

Primary Bicep
Incline Dumbell curls
1. 30 for 10
2. 50 for 6 heavy set ( went a little to heavy for this movement)
3. 40 for 8
4. 40 for 7 (REDUCE WEIGHT AND GET MORE REPS)Secondary:
One arm preacher Curls on PowerTec
1. 40 for 10
2. 40 for 8
3. 40 for 6 Got my arms blew the hell up

Primary
Hammer Curls
1. 40 for 11
2. 40 for for 8
3. 50 for 7

Okay hope this looks alright, I realize this first blast will have some mistakes in it so let me know. Felt good to go Volume again and really feel a good pump.

LoL. Measured my biceps after the workout and they both were 21 inches pumped.
No reason you cannot go with incline press instead of incline flyes following decline press!! I made one change in red...

(#34)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 12-12-2007, 05:19 PM

After we talked about my left shoulder problem I am going to go with the Decline Presses and Incline presses for my movements.

I have been thinking about it and I am going to switch to the 5 day split when I am through with this blast. Since I am working out in the morning now it only makes sense.

Shoulders, Triceps
(#35)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Shoulders, Triceps - 12-13-2007, 08:21 AM

PowerTec Shoulder Press
warmup
90 for 10,8,8
work sets
1. 205 for 10
2. 255 for 6 (little easy)
3. 225 for 10
4. 235 for 10
5. 205 for 14

DB lateral raises one arm
1. 30 for 15
2. 40 for 10
3. 50 for 8

Bent over Rear Laterals
1. 20 for 15
2. 30 for 10
3. 40 for 8

French Press ( Lying Tricep Extension)
1. 95 for 10
2. 115 for 8
3. 105 for 10
4. 105 for 10
5. 95 for 15

Tricep Pushdown Underhand Grip
1. 50 for 15
2. 60 for 10
3. 70 for 8

Let's put it this way, as I sit here typing, both my triceps are jittering from the pump I got, and I ever forgot to take my arginine this morning.

This first week is still a bases as to what I know I can do so the numbers are still a little on the low side but as Ronnie pointed out in my bicep workout I should have dropped the weight even then. Just goes to shoe that my biceps are still one of my weakest points. This was a fantastic workout this morning. It was about 69 degrees in my gym and I was sweating up a storm. Good feeling.

Calves,Quads,Hamstrings.
(#36)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Calves,Quads,Hamstrings. - 12-14-2007, 08:21 AM

Calves
Standing Calve Raise
workset
1. 225 for 10
2. 315 for 8
3. 225 for 10
4. 225 for 10
5. 135 for 15

One leg calve Raise. ( I am waiting on that leg sled to do the other movement)
work set
1. 95 for 10
2. 95 for 8

Barbell squats
warm up
1. 225 for 10
workset
1. 315 for 10
2. 405 for 8 could have gotten 12
3. 315 for 10
4. 315 for 15

Leg extensions
workset
1. 50 for 15
2. 60 for 12
3. 70 for 6

One legged hamstring curls
workset
1. 50 for 12
2. 60 for 8
3. 70 for 6

DB Romanian Deadlift
workset
1. 50 for 12
2. 60 for 10

(#37)
Old

Exclamation 12-14-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Calves
Standing Calve Raise
workset
1. 225 for 10
2. 315 for 8
3. 225 for 10
4. 225 for 10
5. 135 for 15

One leg calve Raise. ( I am waiting on that leg sled to do the other movement)
work set
1. 95 for 10
2. 95 for 8

Barbell squats
warm up
1. 225 for 10
workset
1. 315 for 10
2. 405 for 8 could have gotten 12
3. 315 for 10
4. 315 for 15

Leg extensions
workset
1. 50 for 15
2. 60 for 12
3. 70 for 6

One legged hamstring curls
workset
1. 50 for 12
2. 60 for 8
3. 70 for 6

DB Romanian Deadlift
workset
1. 50 for 12
2. 60 for 10

Mac, you missed a set of medium reps (8-10) on squats and with your strength I would suggest at least 2 warm-ups sets with 3 being better! If any adjustments need to me made please let me know!

(#38)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 12-17-2007, 07:43 PM

Missed Monday's workout will make it up Tuesday morning. I will just go straight through the week. and not take Wenesday off.

We were out of town.

(#39)
Old

Default 12-17-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Missed Monday's workout will make it up Tuesday morning. I will just go straight through the week. and not take Wenesday off.

We were out of town.
Okay then. We will let you off the hook this time given you played zero X-BOX on-line today..

(#40)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 12-17-2007, 09:22 PM

I'm not letting him off that easy. SSSSSLLLLLAAAAAAAACKEEEEER!