IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page Matt's STS Log
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

(#81)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 05-19-2008, 08:31 PM

How are you doing Matt!??

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD
(#82)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 05-19-2008, 09:09 PM

Actually pretty good man, Thanks. I have had to leg days with no pain and should be good to go. Right now i'm just starting light and slowly building up. Looking to start a bulk around july, should be full strength by then.

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
(#83)
Old
Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold

Default 05-27-2008, 05:50 PM

If the pain continues, please have an MRI/CORTISONE shot. Let's hope and pray this thing subsides on it's own! We are pulling for you...

(#84)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 05-27-2008, 09:15 PM

Thanks Guys! I went to a sports doctor and he gave me some medrol. I am taking it over the next couple days and start physical therapy tomorrow. He is seeing me in three weeks and said I should be healed or making a lot of progress by then. I got tired of all this just resting and found someone who wants to get agressive with it.

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

(#85)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 05-27-2008, 09:32 PM

Good deal! keep us posted.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#86)
Old

Default 06-06-2008, 05:37 PM

Well guys worked out back and biceps today with no problems. The pt only wanted me to do some pulldown and cable rows. Both felt fine. I am able to basically work all upper body right now and continue the stretches he gave me. I will see him again on wednesday and add some more stretches and if all goes well the following week I am back to full body working out. If that fails then I am to see the sports doc again and it looks like a cortisone shot is the next step. Hopefully it will not come to that but I am skeptical since this has gone on this long. We will see wednesday when I see him.
On a good note I had to do bodyfat tests in my class(Hydrostatic weighing,skinfold,etc) and freaked out because my weight was down to 188. But my bodyfat has droped a pretty good bit and I have only lost a little over an inch on all my measurements, so I'm not to dissappionted since I have worked out in 3 months.

(#87)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 06-06-2008, 06:57 PM

That's good news Matt! I hope it all continues to go well. But listen closely to your body so you don't mess it up more. Also, I have no doubt you will gain back your mass much quicker than you did the first time. Muscle memory should kick in when you get back at it.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#88)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-06-2008, 10:47 PM

Wow man, I am sorry this has dragged on for so long. I hope it gets resolved real soon.

(#89)
Old

Default 06-07-2008, 04:27 PM

Thanks guys

(#90)
Old

Default 06-17-2008, 10:55 AM

Back was still giving me troubles so I got a cortisone shot at the doctor today. Its feeling better already. I have physical therapy on thursday and then he is going to reevaluate me. Also getting an MRI later in the week to rule out any damage to a nerve. The doctor thinks it will come out negative but wants to make sure since its gone on this long.

(#91)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 06-17-2008, 11:07 AM

Keep us posted Matt! Hang in there.
(#92)
Old

Default 06-20-2008, 06:00 PM

Well guys the MRI came back negative, so no real damage done to the back. The cortisone shot seems to be helping. I got cleared to start working out again. I am still doing the PT for the next two weeks. Hopefully that will go well and if so I will be able to workout everything. If I still have pain the doctor wants to try another cortisone shot. Ronnie was right on about the SI joint, that seems to be the problem. For some reason it just will not heal properly. Once I am fully back I will probably start posting in my log again. Numbers will not be good since I am starting off light and slowly building up.

(#93)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 06-20-2008, 06:07 PM

That's good news Matt! Just take it slow and easy bro!

(#94)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-21-2008, 04:29 AM

Who cares about the weight, just be glad your back in it!! Good to hear.

(#95)
Old

Default 06-26-2008, 06:10 PM

Alright guys got cleared by the pt to start working everything out again. Gonna start out really light and just slowly build up for the next 6 weeks. I am hoping to be recovered enough to start a bulk by mid august. If everything keeps progressing like it is, then that will definetly happen. I appreciate all the help and support from everybody here.

(#96)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 06-26-2008, 07:27 PM

That is good news.

I will see you Next Friday morning for legs. LOL.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#97)
Old

Default 06-26-2008, 08:40 PM

haha sounds good