IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page Brrcats STS log of super awesomeness
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

(#101)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 05-29-2008, 01:34 PM

You don't do BB bench at all?

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#102)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 05-29-2008, 02:50 PM

what are you chest movements? id switch to incline, which you will catch right back up to the 100s and get forced to use the barbell sooner or later
(#103)
Old
Brrcats is on a distinguished road

Default 05-30-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
You don't do BB bench at all?
nope, I used to get this weird shoulder movement when I did it. Plus I workout alone, so i'm always afraid of getting caught under it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
what are you chest movements? id switch to incline, which you will catch right back up to the 100s and get forced to use the barbell sooner or later
Currently I do DB bench and DB flys for the chest excersices, plus whatever I get from DB shoulder press and dips.

I think i'll make the switch to incline. Maybe by the time I go through another round of the program with that my friend will have sold her house and we would have moved back to the east side, where they have 120's

Eventually I'll have to move to BB bench one way or the other. I've always just liked DB's better though.

(#104)
Old

Default 05-30-2008, 02:08 PM

on the good side I dont have any elbow pain this time around.

2nd cycle completed
(#105)
Old

Default 2nd cycle completed - 07-03-2008, 11:44 AM

So this is my update from my second cycle of the slingtshot program. Overall I've been a little dissolusioned about this round. I fell off the wagon when I hurt my elbow, (see a few posts up), and I started gaining fat again since I was eating bad and not working out. So coming into this cycle I had lost a little strength and was a little upset about it. I think I rebounded pretty well, but it would have been better if I hadnt had the relapse.

So I also didnt track at all during this cycle, I did for weights/reps, but not dietary wise. I"ll go back tonight and update on individual weights/reps etc like I did last time. but I"ll give the highlights.

Bench: I couldnt go up on my heavy set due to DB weight limitations, so I went up on my other work sets, to the tune of 95lb DB's. I think this will put me in good position to move up to 105's when I go back to the other gym.

DB Flys: I think my technique on this had something to do with my elbow injury, as it would hurt when I did these. So I modified my technique, solved the pain problem (I think I had my arms too straight), and was able to push up the weight to 50-55lb DB's

Incline DB curls: I dont know if I had a really good day or thought I was just too big for my britches, but I started out with these too heavy and wasnt getting good form, so I knocked it down 5lbs and ended up without any gains.

Inverted Preacher curls These were new for me, I think i ended up pretty well at 75lbs for my heavy set

Seated hammer curls These went pretty well, I think I was able to go up 10 total lbs

Deadlift I did make some gains here, kept going strong and ended up at 355 for my heavy set

Pull ups got a pullup belt and started doing weighted pull ups and things were really good, I think I ended up at my body weight +25, so 205 for my heavy set.

Bent over/close grip rows So I started doing these with the BB pushed into a corner with the close grip cable attachment, ended at 225 for my heavy set, which was up from about 180 or so at the start.

Seated Supported Row These went well for me and I made some good gains as I ended at 275 for my heavy set, makes me feel like a big man doing these.

Shoulder Press I'm still having a hard time getting the 75's off my shoulders, but once they are off I'm able to do my heavy set pretty well, typically getting in to the 5-6 rep range.

Lateral Raise These have gotten easier, but I've stayed at the same weights. I think I might be able to move up next go around.

Rear raises I'm not sure where I ended these last cycle, but this time around I ended at 55's, I feel thats pretty decent

Tricep Extensions For these I've been using the cable curl bar instead of the V-bar that I typically use. I was able to go up to 110lbs on my heavy sets and actually yesterday I repped out 15 reps of 100lbs using the vbar, so I would definitely say I made a good gain here this time around.

Weighted Dips Since I bought a weight belt I figured I would forgoe the skull crushers this time and do weighted dips. I hurt my sternum one day, bruised it I think, but healed up alright and finished up with bodyweight +35 at the end, so 215.

Squats This was my first cycle with squats, and honestly my first time doing squats in a good number of years. At first it was awkward and I couldnt really get a lot of weight, but I just focused on form, becuase I knew the weight would come eventually. I've unfortunately missed two days the past two weeks of this, but my last heavy sets done were around 245 I believe. Its not much, but I was almost able to jump with this weight.

Calf Raises I've been going easy on these since i sprained my ankle pretty bad in softball, but I was able to maintain strength and still worked out around the 700+ mark (leg press machine)

Leg curl I'm not sure where I used to be on this, but I'm pretty sure I ended up around 100 or 110 for my heavy set at the end

Leg extension This one I cant really recall, I know i'm getting up around my body weight again. Which is nice.

So thats really about it, I really tried to focus on getting lean this time around and I've progressively kept losing my belly, its almost flat now So that means the next step is 6 pack. I've been keeping with the ab workouts so that when that day comes theres something to show.

I've got some progress pics, however they were on an off day, so I have no pump like I do in the rest of my progress photos. But here they are. I also havent been able to find a good lighting angle at the new house yet, so its a little hard to compare.

Ok, I cant load the progress pics at work, so those will have to wait till later as well.

I'm into my next cycle prime phase though and looking forward to the next blast.

(#106)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 07-03-2008, 01:21 PM

Glad to see you are sticking with it! Keep fighting the good fight!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#107)
Old

Default 11-10-2008, 09:22 AM

Hey all, I havent been around lately, I've been trying to limit my "online time" and focusing on getting ahead at work. I have still been keeping with the workouts though. I just finished up my 4th cycle I believe. Well not a true cycle since I havent been tracking my diet. But I have been eating well, just not as strict as the STS would want.

So over the past 4 months I've been into a few things, had some injuries and some other activities. The past 8 weeks I've been playing football, averaging about 3 touchdown passes a game, my team didnt do so well though, we werent very good at defense apparently, lulz. It was a good time though and thats what its all about.

So for my lifting update,

- during my third cycle I had a huge setback, I threw my back out really bad while doing heavy deadlifts. I was just a couple lbs over 400 I think and my form just got away from me. My back gave way and I came crashing down to my knees. That really set me back because I really couldnt lift at all due to stabilization issues. That was about four weeks into my third cycle, and was the end of that cycle obviously.

- I just finished up my 4th cycle though. I've been slowly getting my back up to strength, I dont do deads or squats right now though, but my back has been strong enough to stabilize me for other lifts.

- my diet has been good, and I'm not fat, I'm probably a little less fat than I was in my spring break pictures that I posted, so thats good

- I've seen some good size gain in my biceps, I started doing preacher curls instead of incline curls and it really helped. I'm up around 100 for those, and 75 for inverted preacher curls

- I've been doing incline DB's since I'm still at the gym that doesnt go over 100's, so I couldnt go heavy on flat bench anymore. I've gotten up to 95's on my heavy set, 5 reps.

- I've been doing weighted pull ups instead of lat pulls, I'm able to do ten with an extra 45lbs, which totals to about 225-230 depending on my weight that day.

So yeah, those are a few of the high points of whats been happening. I'm moving back to the east side of town and will start going to the old gym that has the big DB's again, so that will be nice. I might stick with incline though, just because I like the shape they give my chest more than the flat bench. I'm also going to go back on the diet portion of the STS and do a serious cycle, I"m going to try and bulk this time, nothing huge, but going to increase my caloric intake 200-300cals over maintenance.

so yeah. thats that.

oh, and I'm an uncle now, my brother has a baby boy who is awesome. he grabs onto my fingers like a little maniac and I've already got him doing the double bicep flex

(#108)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 11-10-2008, 10:51 AM

Good to hear from you Dave! Congrats on your new little nephew!
(#109)
Old

Default 11-10-2008, 11:13 AM

Thanks, I've also come back to reclaim all my arcade records

(#110)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 11-10-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrcats View Post
Thanks, I've also come back to reclaim all my arcade records
well whatever it takes to bring you back...don't be a stranger!
(#111)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 11-10-2008, 11:44 AM

Good to see you again.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#112)
Old

Default 11-11-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle And Brawn View Post
I don't care for deadlift repping with heavy weight...form goes to hell. 3 reps is my limit. I hope all is well, and that your back gets better.
yeah, I was at 4 or 5, so not too many reps for the heavy set, but a split second is all it takes. Heck even on lower weight I feel theres a danger, it doesnt take me much to throw out my back.

Heck the first time I did it I was just running.

I'll try to be a little more active in the next couple of months though. i've got some good halloween pictures though that I'm sure you guys will enjoy. plently of muscles and pretty ladies.

(#113)
Old

Default 12-19-2008, 08:34 AM

I'm a jerk, I never posted up any halloween pics

I'm three weeks into my new cycle. Sticking with the diet, only dropped about 5 lbs though. The first week of heavy lifts were good though. I've pretty much kept everything at the same weight as I had before I took a month off. I cant do the same amount of reps at those weights, but I'm only short one or two per set.

I've started actually rehabbing my back, doing some weighted workouts with it and trying to get it back to strength, its going well so far. I dont think I'll be doing dead lifts again though.

I added a supplement as well, Superpump 250, its been.....effective. I dont know if I really feel a pump, but it definitely gets me hyper as crap for my workout. Theres no issue with motivation now as its hard for me to not be doing something. Although i did shit my brains out when I tried to go from one scoop to two.

Thanks for keepin me honest Rick, I'm always workin, just not always talkin.

(#114)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 12-19-2008, 11:26 AM

Good to see you back at it.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#115)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 12-19-2008, 10:25 PM

Yeah Dave, just poke your head in here once in a while to let us know your ticker is still ticking! Keep up the good work and good to see you stop by!

(#116)
Old

Default 03-25-2010, 03:33 PM

Strong Bump

I'm not dead and have been back on the wagon the past couple of months trying to make up for injuries and absences. These are my current highs

DB Bench - 95 x 5
DB incline - 65 x 6
fly(machine) - 190 x 4
standing curl - 105 x 4
hammer curl - 75 x 6 (moving up fast)
inverted curl - 75 x 4

Lat pulldown - 200 x 4
seated row - 300 x 6
wide row - 160 x 3
high row - 230 x 6
shrug - 265 x 8

DB shoulder press - 70s x 5
lateral raise - 105 x 6
front raise - 35 x 10
skull crushers - 90 x 6
hammer cable - 74 x 6
inverted cable - 20 x 6 (per arm)

squat - 155 x 8 (yeah I know, just started these, need to get the form down first)
seated calf raise - 190? x 6 (fuzzy memory from last week)
leg ext - 160 x 6
leg curl - 110 x 8

so I'm doing alright, I was pretty discouraged when I got back. I had lost a lot of strength, but I'm working through it and have finally started to make large gains in the past two weeks or so.

but yea, I'm not dead

(#117)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 03-25-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrcats View Post
Strong Bump

I'm not dead and have been back on the wagon the past couple of months trying to make up for injuries and absences. These are my current highs

DB Bench - 95 x 5
DB incline - 65 x 6
fly(machine) - 190 x 4
standing curl - 105 x 4
hammer curl - 75 x 6 (moving up fast)
inverted curl - 75 x 4

Lat pulldown - 200 x 4
seated row - 300 x 6
wide row - 160 x 3
high row - 230 x 6
shrug - 265 x 8

DB shoulder press - 70s x 5
lateral raise - 105 x 6
front raise - 35 x 10
skull crushers - 90 x 6
hammer cable - 74 x 6
inverted cable - 20 x 6 (per arm)

squat - 155 x 8 (yeah I know, just started these, need to get the form down first)
seated calf raise - 190? x 6 (fuzzy memory from last week)
leg ext - 160 x 6
leg curl - 110 x 8

so I'm doing alright, I was pretty discouraged when I got back. I had lost a lot of strength, but I'm working through it and have finally started to make large gains in the past two weeks or so.

but yea, I'm not dead

damn brrcats, strong bump indeed!!!! anyway, good to hear your back at lifting, keep those numbers coming up!
(#118)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-25-2010, 03:43 PM

Hey Dave, Pete is giving away stuff for keeping a log. If you want me to, I'll mark this post #117 as the start of the new offer. Just PM me if you want me to record it.

Offer details:
http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/showthread.php?t=13434

Once again....Welcome back!