IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training and Diet Blogs
Reload this Page Slacker Tracker
Training and Diet Blogs Post your journal to help you keep track of your progress and goals. Receive support, suggestions, and guidance from other members.

Closed Thread

(#41)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 06-11-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearnonebutOne View Post
OJ, I am not a big squat fan either and my shoulder injury doesnt help the matter, BUT at my gym they have this blue thing called a Manta Ray you just clip it to the center of the bar and it actually balances the bar for you...I tried that thing and was like wow now the only worry is pushing the weight...just a suggestion brother but I liked it so much I bought my own...Good Job biggun
That thing actually looks sweet, I might get one.

My prob isn't the bar on my shoulders. It's my back from my crack about halfway up. It's either weak or I'm just afraid I'm going to bend it the wrong way. Too far forward all the weight is on your toes and you're going downn, too far back and I can feel the weight on my lower back creeping up. I think a lot of this has to do with the fact I haven't done squats religiously enough to be confident doing them. It's definitely a mental hurtle not a physical one. I've done the exact weight on the exact same rack wearing the exact same clothes, belt, same spotter and for some reason I just couldn't make myself commit.

My buddy does squats like it's his job and what he tells me to do just isn't getting through to me lol, wicked frustrating. I might just do 500 squats at 135lbs until I feel confident I'm not going to kill myself...My plan is to be squatting 400 plus by Christmas...if not more. The legs are there, just gotta get the mind there.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#42)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 06-11-2011, 06:53 PM

You got it man...how bout a smith machine it wont let you lean and you could do it till your comfortable with the form and movement....225 is kickin my ass on reps but I'll take the challenge with ya and shoot for 400 by christmas..ive done 720 x 5 on the leg press and thats all the damn thing will hold...good luck bro

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#43)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-11-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearnonebutOne View Post
You got it man...how bout a smith machine it wont let you lean and you could do it till your comfortable with the form and movement....225 is kickin my ass on reps but I'll take the challenge with ya and shoot for 400 by christmas..ive done 720 x 5 on the leg press and thats all the damn thing will hold...good luck bro
The problem with the smith is while you can't lean it does nothing for form with something like squats where you need to develop that balance and motion with your whole body moving up and down. One bad habbit learned on a smith could take months to unlearn doing free squats, or worse I'd get hurt. I'm thinking my best bet is deadlifts, back curls, and any ab workout with a twisting motion, and about a million reps done right with light weight.

Either way man, I'm down to tackle 400 by Christmas with ya. I'm actually curious to see if I squat or bench 400 first....I'll be sad if it's bench.

720's pretty solid legpressing man, def keep that up!

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#44)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-11-2011, 10:32 PM

Well for sure no way im benching 400, my shoulder is jacked up..seperated and a SLAP lesion...but its getting alot better everyday I bust my a$$ on shoulder days with a lot of reps with lighter weight except about every 2 weeks I push the limits on militaries and single arm db raises..a sort of rehab I guess...but I think i'll break 305 and leave it at that...
So it's offical were all over that 400 ..oh and thanks for the info on the smith machine great point never really thought of that.

The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#45)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-13-2011, 05:05 PM

Back dayyyy

10 min walk warmup.

Seated Cable Rows: (90x10) (90x10) (220x10) (220x6, 160x6)

Bent Over Tbar Rows: (45x10) (135x10) palms up wide grip: (90x10)

Bend over DB rows: (90x10) (90x10)

Hammer Strength Lat Pulldown Machine: per side (135x10) (160x6, 135x5)

Wide grip cable pulldowns: (180x10) (180x10) reverse (turned around) (80x20)

couple sets of back curls with a 25lb plate, then some leg lifts and i was outttt, huntin down my weightgainer shake

(#46)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-13-2011, 05:11 PM

Actual note about the "diet" part of "training and diet". been skipping a shake every other day or so, made my 9am meal lighter (2 pb and fluff sandwiches lol). trying to lower the calorie intake to see where my weight goes. Been staying between 183-186 with no problems even on the reduced calories and lookin a lot more lean yet still pretty full. Between the shakes, jack3d and creatine powder im taking in about 10g of monohydrate over the course of the day. Strength and energy are doing fine. Happy to say I've made my weight goal and kept most of my cycle gains and somehow got bigger and leaner...hey I'll take that

(#47)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-13-2011, 06:27 PM

great job brother

(#48)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 06-14-2011, 01:17 AM

Nice, great to hear about maintaining the gains! Keep up that work and build off it
(#49)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 06-14-2011, 08:12 PM

Good stuff ouija!!! Keep up the good work my brother!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#50)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-15-2011, 03:22 PM

Shoulders yesterday

Seated DB Press: (40x12) for 2 sets (75x10) (75x9)

Front Raises: (40x8) (40x8)

DB Shrugs: (110x10) (110x12)

DB Flies: (35x10) (35x10) threw in side delt raise for fun @ (20x20)

Behind Back Hammer Machine Curls: (360x10) (450x10)

Called it a day, today my back n shoulders are sore as a mofo....so I'm goin fishing

(#51)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 06-15-2011, 06:27 PM

Beastin on those 75's!!! Good stuff bro!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#52)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-15-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Beastin on those 75's!!! Good stuff bro!
Thx man. This was the first time my buddy and I ever wore a belt while doing these, def made it a bit harder. Sadly, the belt was too small to fit around us AND the seat lol.

I've been slackin on shoulders so it felt great to hit them hard for a change...Shootin for full sets of 90lb db presses by years end

(#53)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-15-2011, 08:53 PM

Awesome numbers brotha...Im still on the 40's for reps...You da man

(#54)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-16-2011, 09:24 PM

My horizontal chest day

Incline DB Press: (45x12) (45x10) (90x10) (90x9)

Flat Barrel Hooks: (55x10) (60x10)

Don't remember the plate# to lbs was on the cables but did,

Decline Flies 2 sets, incline flies 2 sets, straight flies 2 sets.

Kneeling rope pulldown ab crunches for 3 sets

Decline Press Hammer Strength Machine per side: (135x10) (135x10)

Ab twist machine (twist n shout lol): 6 plates on the weight stack for 3 sets of ten per side quickly.

Weighed 181.6...looking way too lean for my liking so upping the cals back up a lil bit and get back to 185 or so, wanna stay there n make that my base for whatever I do next. Was thinkin about maybe trying powerFULL from usp.

(#55)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-16-2011, 09:27 PM

Thata boy...Hey besides the 400 on squats...whats the number for deads to shoot for by santa's month?

(#56)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-16-2011, 09:39 PM

No clue yet, I was only doin straight leg ones for reps @ 135 for the last few months due to a hurtin lower back...then heinous back pumps Plannin on doin deads in the next few days to see where I'm at. I kinda do db deadlifts when I do flat bench, doin 100lbs no problem, goin by the past I would prolly hit my 1rep max around 300, at least I hope so lol. I bend over all day at work anyway so I wouldn't mind shootin to hit 400 by Christmas.

(#57)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-16-2011, 09:42 PM

I pulled 355 today...so maybe 400-425 by chirstmas..I seen all sorts of shit floating around after I dropped that weight too....lol

(#58)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-18-2011, 12:52 PM

Half Leg Workout yesterday...had no energy, just wasn't feelin a workout so I squeezed this in before dinner...shoulda woulda coulda done more lol...but im sore today in the quads just the same...coulda been the booze from last night tho, first time drinkin in 4 months.

5 min warmup walk.

Leg Press 2 sets of 12 warmup @ 360lbs

Leg Press 900lbs 1st set 8 reps, second set 7 reps

Leg curls, 2 sets to 10 @ 125lbs

Standing Calf raises, 3 quick sets of 10-fail at 240lbs

(#59)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
JohnBeef will become famous soon enough

Default 06-18-2011, 09:48 PM

900lbs??? Gooood Lord. I wanna see pics of your Wheels!! ( no homo )

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

Good nutrition is Universal

(#60)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 06-19-2011, 11:02 AM

Beastin' leg presses sir!!! Great job!

Closed Thread